Main Faction Fighter/Bomber Carriers

I may have suggested this long ago, and the Ze’Ta was the closest thing to it to emerge years later. With the command of swarms and ship-to-ship docking

I would like to see ‘Carrier’ type ships for the 3 main factions, each specializing in different squadron types and utilities.

In terms of size and durability, they would behave similarly to current destroyers.

Direct firepower would be less, but more evenly spread to all arcs, and more defensive in nature so as to repel close attacks effectively.

Active modules would be focused more on team support and commanding fighter squadrons, rather than downrange firepower.

As fun as the Ze’Ta looks in function, I absolutely hate the fibrous crystalline alien aesthetic.

I would love to hear your comments, suggestions, and elaborations.

2ymbsc.jpg

Im just gonna cut it short and say im against all types of carriers in general.

I’ll compensate for his againstness and make it known that I will always be for carrier type ships in Star Conflict.

1 minute ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I’ll compensate for his againstness and make it known that I will always be for carrier type ships in Star Conflict.

Thus everything falls into the perfect balance. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I’d pay for an ellydium reskin. Keep the clean white and black shapes and ditch the green tumors.

4 hours ago, Scar6 said:

I’d pay for an ellydium reskin. Keep the clean white and black shapes and ditch the green tumors.

I could definitely go for that. Maybe they refine the technology to have more precision in crystal growth :stuck_out_tongue:

17 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Im just gonna cut it short and say im against all types of carriers in general.

Does that include the current Ze’Ta? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it’s a neat idea that sort of brings it into a class of its own. For human carriers it could be swarms of maybe 9 drones in an X or claw formation.

These formations could be flown manually or ordered to guard an ally and fire in sync with them or something.

The landing pad is another idea I really like, ships being able to land to repair and be protected by the carriers shield bubble, maybe have their missiles quickly reloaded.