Looking for some guidance.......

Hello, i would like to know what should i use on federation engineer in pve T3 content. So far i was using:

Weapon -  coil mortar (no idea if its the best here, just bought the first one that looked good on paper)

Modules - 3 auras: hull, shield, energy. And flares, although i find them completely useless. (also bought the things that looked good)

Engine - auxilary generator (bought for more speed, but i think there might be something better here)

Capacitor - pulse discharger (bought for dmg, no idea if it even works)

Shield - adaptive (total waste of money, since i only noticed after 2-3 fights that it only works when i go at max speed)

Hull - galvanized armor (sounded cool)

Cpu - 2x horizon modules (wanted range, but it doesn’t help me much)

Missiles - octopus (no comment here)

My ship for pve is Anacondo rank 8

Help me improve, if there is anyway to improve. I would want to know what can i change and why? And its mainly only for PVE, no PVP please.

Your fit is somewhat ok for PVP, but for PVE it misses the point.

In PVE you’re typically stationary and shoot structures, so best weapon is heavy blaster, attack drones instead of missiles, engine doesn’t matter much, collision compensator or if t3 has it already strafe speed bonus, no flares but shield or hull repair station (3 auras are fine but typically you’ll want to drop the energy aura for a second repair station). CPU 2x +crit for more damage, you don’t need the range. Hull galvanized is fine, otherwise kinetic resists. Shield put EM compensator.

Depending on what PVE your playing,you might wanna consider coils or positron, coil can do group dmg while positron can 1-2 shot snipes

Depending on what PVE your playing,you might wanna consider coils or positron, coil can do group dmg while positron can 1-2 shot snipes

Well i mostly play “hidden maintenance” so far i noticed its the easiest so more advice on that specific scenario would help me alot. I mainly do it just for the credit reward, because in pvp you basicly get zero credits if you count how much you spend on repairs. So as i mentioned any advice will help me, to make the scenario much easier and faster.

If your playing PVE in HMS in a Engineer or a Guard as mentioned before…   use the Heavy Blaster or even the Beam against Structures.    Coil is great against the Bots but with the rate of fire it takes a bit longer to destroy the small turrets, main guns and launchers. 

Extended range comes in handy at times in Stage 3 against the missile launchers as you can stand off a bit more specially if you have the Beam with extended range ammo.    I want to say that missile launchers have a range limit around 3500km? I am sure someone can rattle off the exact distance.

Extended range comes in handy at times in Stage 3 against the missile launchers as you can stand off a bit more specially if you have the Beam with extended range ammo.    I want to say that missile launchers have a range limit around 3500km? I am sure someone can rattle off the exact distance.

Best way to stages two and three is to fly to the side of the ship outside the firing arcs of the rail and missile turrets and kill them from there. That way you don’t waste time dealing with the rail turrets or npcs and you get full blaster damage on the objectives.