"Look around" - don't spin the camera

We have “look around” option but the moment you press it camera will spin. This spin is both too slow and confusing - I suggest to remove it.

What I want:

When I press “look around” key - no zoom, no spin just camera instantly is free to look around from the position it is.

Use Free Aim instead, it does exactly what you described

No its not… I am using it as substitute but the camera wont turn unless you cross the whole screen with your mouse - very inconvenient especially if you want to look left and then right for example.

Just do it like in war thunder default ‘c’ button - its much much much better!

the free look camera position gets locked to the last place you looked at. You can always change it, although i cant remember if it was locked to ship orientation or to a specific direction (like west, south, etc).

the free look camera position gets locked to the last place you looked at. You can always change it…

Yes, that’s true. Also in the fast paced game like SC there is no use in this - only confusion.

Every time I want to look somewhere camera will spin to irrelevant last position…

In the first 20 sek of this video you can see how easily a player can track his opponent in war thunder using look around option. You just hold a key and camera becomes free to rotate.

Sure it wont be of much use for our interceptors… SC is just too fast paced for that. But one of my favorite roles is Engineer and I want too see how my team is doing by quickly (and comfortably!!!) looking around without getting dizzy from current annoying spin

I guess what you want is a “Look the current target”.

13 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

I guess what you want is a “Look the current target”.

No I do not want that - I don’t want to lock the target and this is not what you see in video. I want quick look around. Just that. No excessive mouse moves. No random camera spins.
Wow… I’m just repeating the same thing here like a broken record…

Free aim can be used to do exactly what’s shown in the video. 

WWell yeah they removed the “turn key”, so it’s quite hard to use. But it’s what you want. 

14 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Free aim can be used to do exactly what’s shown in the video. 

On 6/20/2016 at 11:14 PM, xKostyan said:

On 6/21/2016 at 7:04 AM, gheni4 said:

No its not… I am using it as substitute but the camera wont turn unless you cross the whole screen with your mouse - very inconvenient especially if you want to look left and then right for example.

Just do it like in war thunder default ‘c’ button - its much much much better!

44 minutes ago, gheni4 said:

Wow… I’m just repeating the same thing here like a broken record…

You can get by with Free Aim, and set “free look” mouse sensitivity up high, that way you don’t have to drag mouse so much. This is independent of normal mouse sensitivity.

What i do is use free aim, then press (not hold) control to reset the camera to initial position. You will maintain your direction that way.

+1

8 hours ago, Papitas said:

What i do is use free aim, then press (not hold) control to reset the camera to initial position. You will maintain your direction that way.

Thanks for the advice - nice one actually…

but. why. cant. we. get. normal. look. around.???
Who finds this spin useful in combat?

Another approach - add checkbox to game settings ‘Lock crosshair (to screen center) in Free Aim mode on all ships’. This way it’ll be same as Destoryer’s free aim and yes! This is what I want on my Engie!

1 hour ago, gheni4 said:

Another approach - add checkbox to game settings ‘Lock crosshair (to screen center) in Free Aim mode on all ships’. This way it’ll be same as Destoryer’s free aim and yes! This is what I want on my Engie!

it was suggested by someone along with me long ago. I guess devs took that idea and implemented to destroyers. I would like getting a zoom that keeps pointing where you were aiming right before zooming in/out, so i can keep hitting a target when zooming in and out without interruptions (very important for lasers and targets getting closer/further away). Actual one is quite erratic (probably cause it fixes on ship orientation instead of cursor position).

And yeah, look around shouldnt get fixed at a certain point, instead it should  always start looking towards the front of your ship.

So basically you are just asking to remove the initial zooming and spinning of the “Look around” action?

49 minutes ago, niripas said:

So basically you are just asking to remove the initial zooming and spinning of the “Look around” action?

Yes, yes! exatly. btw initial zooming now can be adjusted by zooming during ‘look around’. So its the  spin - it confuses in combat and wastes second for nothing

20 minutes ago, gheni4 said:

Yes, yes! exatly. btw initial zooming now can be adjusted by zooming during ‘look around’. So its the  spin - it confuses in combat and wastes second for nothing

This is exactly what I would not mind if it was removed. Let it start out from normal point of view and let us zoom in or out and move around as we want and don’t make the camera run around first just to make us find the direction we actually want to see. 

+1

As I mentioned previously, we may do that when we’ll have a time. I like Warthunder’s option. But it is not at the priority at the moment, new upcoming expansion is ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)