List of discontinued DLC ships and "Event Only" ships

I figured I’d make this thread as a somewhat more accessible version of a list I have floating around my discord while also adding discontinued DLC ships (and approximate dates of when they were discontinued).

Also yes I don’t know how to make tables in here so ayy lmao formatting hell, gimme a few mins to clean up.

Event Ships and Their Most Recent Release (or re-release)

Spoiler

Object NY18         January 18th 2018 
Dyrnwyn               August 9th 2018    
Custodian            October 15th 2019  
Marten*                 February 2nd 2020   (Approx)
Hammerhead*      February 2nd 2020   (Approx)
Scylla**                 May 12th 2020      
Dart                       May 22nd 2020       
Gargoyle              May 22nd 2020      
Endeavour           May 22nd 2020      
Spiral                    May 22nd 2020       
Gungnir**             September 25th 2020     
Tornado                September 13th 2020 
Raven                   October 8th 2020   
Relic                     March 18th 2021     
Salyut-ST             April 29th 2021   
Mole                     May 26th 2021      
Emperor              September 2nd 2021 
Protazan              **** October 20th 2021
Albireo                 March 16th 2022

*Unique components now cycle in containers in the store for Galactic standards

**Unique components are available as a Sector Conquest reward in extremely low quantities

DLC Ships and their approximate date of discontinuation

Spoiler

Sawtooth                   September 28th 2020  [RETURNED]
Nyx                             October 15th 2020
Cutter                         October 29th 2020
Mauler                        November 25th 2020
Loki                            December 22nd 2020
Blood Tormentor       February 8th 2021

Polar Bear                  March 22nd 2021        [SEASONAL]
Shark                          October 18th 2021      [RETURNED]
Phoenix                      April 5th 2021
Grim                            April 5th 2021
Plague Doctor            November 18th 2021  [SEASONAL]
Reaper                        May 3rd 2021
Sai                               May 3rd 2021
Langsax                      March 1st 2022
Veils                            March 1st 2022
Jellyfish                      March 1st 2022
Bear                            June 3rd 2021
Wasp                           June 3rd 2021
Priest Bartle               June 3rd 2021
Dragonfly                   June 3rd 2021
Razor                          August 25th 2021       [RETURNED]

Desert Eagle              October 12th 2021
Super Kite                  October 12th 2021
Black Ghost              November 18th 2021   [SEASONAL]

Naglfar                       November 25th 2021
Thor                            February 7th 2022

DLC ships that have been returned to sale and their approximate date of return

Spoiler

Shark                          September 16th 2021
Joker                          November 18th 2021
Razor                          February 17th 2022
Sawtooth                    **** March 10th 2022

Craftable Ship DLCs and their approximate date of discontinuation

Spoiler

Procyon                     March 15th 2021
Salyut-ST                  May 11th 2021
Gungnir                     November 23rd 2021
Raven                        January 25th 2022
Albireo                       March 9th 2022
Sirius                         March 17th 2022

Enjoy being able to witness poor marketing in a list based format.

Slap a date on this topic in the subject so you can repost later with updated versions

As long as you can make a cyning you dont need anything else. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

On 9/12/2021 at 6:46 AM, ORCA1911 said:

As long as you can make a cyning you dont need anything else. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Except if Cyning came out after the Destroyers it would have a DLC too and would be threatened with the same existence as Procyon.

On 9/12/2021 at 3:38 AM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Slap a date on this topic in the subject so you can repost later with updated versions

Nah this is more one to constantly update as time goes on and simply yeet bumper posts when relevant (aka the end of the year most likely).

Also apparently R15 Shark is going to get it’s own DLC (despite formerly being part of a bundle) with a Deluxe edition so that’s an ew.

Added new retirement date for the temporary Rank 15 Shark DLC.
I swear these people can’t properly price DLC to save their life. Why is a single ship still the price of some older AAA games.

Added Desert Eagle and Super Kite (Galaxy Explorer pack) to the list. There goes the last legitimately interesting DLC ship. Good job Targem. Do you even want money?

Aaaand there goes Protazan to the list too.
The event was so absurdly strict that I doubt there will be many, if any cabins for trade in a month or two so great job once again devs for making things available to new players in the future.

Oh and also updated the Plague Doctor last available date.

All your messages are sadly true…

On 10/26/2021 at 8:52 PM, MadBarracuda said:

All your messages are sadly true…

Well, simply just looking at their strategy there is no logic behind it. Even FOMO doesn’t plan in thanks to how spotaneous each one is and with seemingly no plan to return them to the store it isn’t helping new players a lot since they physically cannot get some of the meta ships.

Also added  Naglfar and Black Ghost  to the list.
Also conveniently two underperforming premium ships. One of them shouldn’t even exist honestly. I don’t think I have to say which one.

And there we have it ladies and gentleman - a new table because here comes the removal of those useless craftable ship DLCs.
Now with  Gungnir  having it’s DLC removed you SOB’s have to buy my parts finally. Only had them for far too long already.

Aaaand after returning from holidays we have questionable decision number… there’s a number somewhere for it.
This time it’s  Raven’s DLC  being removed, putting an effective lifespan on the ship via market supply which… has no demand because Raven kinda bad.

And oh would you look at the time;  it’s time to update the list. This time THOR the extremely mediocre and frankly underwhelming Empire gunship goes byebye. Literally nobody will miss you.

Lol kinda harsh to lil ol thor dont you think xD

5 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Lol kinda harsh to lil ol thor dont you think xD

Not really - the Empire Fighter tree had been inactive since before Journey and players have been waiting for a Rank 17 Fighter of any sort for years now.
Not only was Thor a  DLC  instantly copping hate, it was Rank 16, antisynergistic and underwhelming - it’s kit only works against Fighters and Interceptors and it was released inside of a Destroyer meta.

This thing was designed to fail.

I take it back, this was harsher xD

Okay so time for the annual update to the ‘Guardians of the Universe’ dates becase people totally care about.

$19 for a Rank 8 ship with +2 seed chip slots. So much appeal to be able to use  2 more garbage chips on a ship.

Das ist doch jedem selbst überlassen was er / sie wo ausrüsted und so auch Geschmackssache ,was einzelne chips können sei dann mal dahin gestellt

Added end date for ‘Mysteries of the Universe’ and Albireo’s DLCs since apparently both are being removed from sale for whatever reason.

Now we can begin accurately counting down how long the developers will take to do something about Albireo’s dominance in PvP.

Well that was quick - time to add Sirius to the list.

Why buying DLC ships anyway? better spend your money on premium license and battle pass.

On 2/26/2022 at 2:36 AM, TheDerpNukem said:

Now we can begin accurately counting down how long the developers will take to do something about Albireo’s dominance in PvP.

Pls no nerf, who plays PVP? this game is mainly for pve.