So, i said i would write this list up, and i had to cut it short. the reason is? I’m leaving (yes, there goes my 70$ down the drain). These will never get implemented, just for reference purposes. some of these are not balance suggestions. they may be graphical/ui, but i wanted to maintain one list and not several. also, i cannot say much about the new weapon changes because balancing an entirely new system will take time, and all the previous equations can be thrown out the door. you can find my old rant here, to give you a better idea: [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/20613-what-else-balance-issues/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20613-what-else-balance-issues/)
— balance ----
- prevent covops/recon/int/(tackler? maybe not) from equipping collission compensators. to balance the fact that a fighter cannot even get its nose on a covops to land a single shot.
-OR- increase fighter rotation speeds by 10 degrees per second. (estimate) they feel sort of sluggish at times.
increase frigate rotation speeds by 5-10 degrees per second. (estimate) to slightly balance
prevent LRF from removing radar signature, increase reload time, or both.
commander recon microwarp exploit. just prevent commander from using microwarp.
remove ship and weapon type restrictions from contracts to balance pvp matchups.
- re-implement T1 weapon types. T1 ships, modules and premiums and experimentals are now worthless.
- add contract loyalty rewards when battles are lost, otherwise pvp will be a stack-fest to farm reputation and W/L ratio.
- instead of missile changes, to prevent nuke spam: limit hangar to 1 of each type/class of ship. so one cannot load 4 covops in their hangar. to fix the missiles problems: re-implement old missile slots but with less missiles per slot. it will allow players to switch damage type based on missile, enough to appease them (same as eve online).
---- pricing ----
9. reduce premium ship prices by half (at the very least, so T5 = 15$, but honestly i’d say 10$ at the most, 15 is pushing it but somewhat acceptable). also, if planning to implement T6,7,8 then T8 should be 10$ at most, and all ship prices should be reduced now. reducing them later will only angry existing customers.
also, i can’t remember where i said this, but i’ll add it here: it’s like you only want people to have 1 premium ship. 25$ will get you a T3 with experimental mods, fully fitted and a 1 month license. 50$ will get you a T4 exper. fitted with a 3 month license? whats up with that…
- experimental module loot salvage costs also need a reduction. currently, a T3 experimental module costs approx. 1$ or 1.25$, on average after the required salvage attempts. T4 should therefore cost 2-2.5, T5 4-5$. 5$ is WAY too much for a single module. you can get an entire DLC for games for 1$… and therefore they should not cost more than that. t1: $20 cents, t2: $0.40, t3: $0.60, t4: $0.80, t5: $1.00. my opinion. that is a ‘microtransaction’… not 5$… also, these can be considered hidden costs, and will be frowned upon by players (since you cant see what T5 salvage costs at T1).
---- video ----
- add a ‘podium finish’ to the after-battle results screen. otherwise, cosmetic options are pretty meaningless. [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/20616-podium-finish/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20616-podium-finish/)
- as mentioned previously, add another column in the player list with a larger ship-specific icon. [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/20609-display-detailed-ship-class-icon-in-pre-battle-screen/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20609-display-detailed-ship-class-icon-in-pre-battle-screen/)
make the player ship model 80% transparent. 20% opacity, so that you can see through it and view your opponent. this is especially problematic on frigs. instead of a cockpit view which would be harder to implement and limit FOV.
improve the crosshair, larger bolder and brighter. something like jimbo’s crosshair or the ones mentioned ont the forums. or provide a selection. [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/19611-losing-track-of-your-aiming-reticle-make-it-more-noticable/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/19611-losing-track-of-your-aiming-reticle-make-it-more-noticable/)
‘defense’ or ‘sentinel drones’ instead of combat flares… [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/20630-defense-drones-instead-of-flares/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20630-defense-drones-instead-of-flares/)
you can heed my warning or you can fail. especially about the pricing an WoT payment model. there is not enough value for the consumer there. if you provide enough value, consumers will buy. if you try to pressure people to spend more by taking their items away, nobody will.