Key binding for Auto-Lock

I don’t use the same auto-lock options depending on the ship. For exemple, I use ‘Only if no other target is locked’ on engineers and tacklers , and ‘always’ on ceptors and other fighters.

post-46138-0-14864600-1417376499.png

Give us the option to change this setting in game with a key binding. On key for each mode, or one key to switch mode.

+1

Why?  Just press “Lock next” or “Lock ally target” or “Lock-On” to target in reticule.  I can’t see the benefit of mistakenly locking onto an enemy behind who you’re shooting at simply because a shot hit another ship.

Well, because in my setting i use the same finger for shooting and locking, and i don’t wanna change.

It would be an option, this mean you can leave the binding key blank if you don’t want to use it.

Nice idea. I keep autolock off, since locking players with middle mouse is practically a natural motion for me by now, but it seems like it’d be more convenient for some ships, like covert ops.

Nice idea! Forwarded.

I will suggest what I do.

R lock in cross hair.

wheel up lock who is locking you

wheel down lock ally target

middle mouse cancel lock

Thinking outside the box.

I lock LRF while I approach them, then quickly cancel my lock. Then I relock when I am about 3k out.

As a result I very rarely get hit with an IR pulsar, and I assume they keyboard smash when I ECM lock them to death with like 20% hull left…

Also I will lock and cancel to make some pilots think they are getting the extra 12 resistance when they are not. It could be a recon across the map, in a dog fight. Maybe they will wait that extra second when they are webbed before they jump away…

that is a very good idea david.

+1

R lock in cross hair.

middle mouse cancel lock

That works, another option to try (provided that you have extra mouse buttons, aka you have a gaming mouse) is use side-buttons on your mouse for the different locks.

R lock in cross hair.

I do the same.

But what’s your point ? You don’t need the option, very well. Is it a reason not to implement it ?

I do the same.

But what’s your point ? You don’t need the option, very well. Is it a reason not to implement it ?

While yes is the answer from me, it is obvious other people would like the option you suggested.

It is a way for everyone to work within the current confines. Most players will not have thought to bound in this manner.

i agree

This is a nice idea, but right now something like this is not really needed.