Joystick/Gamepag controls. Feedback & Bugs.

Here you can post your experience with the Joystick controls, settings, bugs, feedback, etc. Thanks for testing the new implemented control devices.

From [turcovite](< base_url >/index.php?/user/239256-tucourvite/):

it is normal to try drive with this type of peripheral , they are designed to :wink:
would it be possible to create a specific topic joystick ?
I REALLY would like the joystick control is operational and usable.
it is a pleasure to play with this type of controller .

bug report:

• the option of tuning are reset to 0 each redemarage the game
  • control mode (standard expert ) is reset to 0 each parameter change joystick .
    I do not understand the parameters x / y sliders
  • the parameter is not saved in the cloud
  • Ship with some effect of light are not controllable at maximum zoom ( a halo of red light blurring the view)

controls :

• displacement of the controls functioned , the shooting controls and modules as well.
  • targeting functioned , but the marker firing being fixed at the center of the view, it is impossible to keep the target in the axis of cannons and move at same time. to fix this 2 solutions:
    1 put a self-targeting cannons when the target is in the eye of the driver ( not just be the angle of view , but a circle around the pointer shooting)
    2 Unlocking the pointer of firing and make a controllable mouse afecte without thereby movement of the vessel. ( I 'm not sure that it facilitates the control (joystick mouse over ) )

I stop the joystick , at least until the paramettre registers right …

for too long to reconfigure every time you restart

joystick: X52 pro saiteck

I have just one issue with joystick - as soon as you activate joystick support, you loose ability to aim with mouse. I workarounded it via binding key presses to joystick movement, but this way I can have only “all or nothing” - no precision manuevers.

Please include support for simultaneous usage of analog joystick and mouse.

its possible put your game in standar mode … but its un usable because your target go out your cockpit wiew

I Think lots of bug with joystick … As I bought New Joystick as follows :

Joystick Name : RAOOP RZ1

d19192dd-4149-4712-98a8-c49a4ce0f7ad.jpg

Problem :

Only Button Axis 1 detected (it is button direction on leftside), the other buttons did not detected in Joystick Settings :

screenshot-140504-135749.jpg

Yes I know this is very cheap joystick about IDR 56.400 (Indonesia Rupiah) ==> USD 4.85 , but this joystick detected well on PES 2014 and TERA Europe.

I Hope the Developer fix this bugs… because it is fun to play game with joystick… Thanks.

While other games like X3 Terran Conflict find my X52 Flight Control System and my Playstation 2 gamepads (via usb adapter), Star Conflict does not find anything (ingame).

lsusb shows both devices

Bus 001 Device 021: ID 0810:0001 Personal Communication Systems, Inc. Dual PSX Adaptor  // (not connected during screenshot)

Bus 001 Device 018: ID 06a3:075c Saitek PLC X52 Flight Controller

Did i miss anything to setup? 

System: 

OpenSuSE 13.1 (KDE)

CPU: i5-3330s

Memory: 16 GB

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX760 OC 2GB (nvidia)

post-245549-0-76476500-1399297400.jpeg

post-245549-0-01389600-1399297412.jpeg

I cannot get my Thrustmaster working in PC nor in PS3 mode.

Linux Host 3.11.0-18-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 18 21:11:14 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

PS3 Mode

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 044f:b109 ThrustMaster, Inc.

PC Mode

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 044f:b108 ThrustMaster, Inc. T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick

Tools such as jstest, jscal and jstest-gtk all show functioning buttons and axis.  My Joystick Settings window looks very much like the previous post, except my joystick does not show up in the list.  When I uncheck the Xbox 360 option and press “Update List”, I still do not see any joysticks in my list.  

Any help getting this joystick working would be greatly appreciated.

… My Joystick Settings window looks very much like the previous post, except my joystick does not show up in the list.  …

That is not correct. My joystick doesn’t show up too. The drop-down console on the 2nd screenshot is a KDE-Program called yakuake which is just showing my linux-terminal on top of the game to show you my lsusb output or in short: “the device is there :-), recognized by the operating system”.

While you got the same issues on your ps3 (unix/free BSD relative) i am guessing the joystick support wasn’t tested on any unix/linux systems.

A little update: i could lay hands on a razer onza which is an xbox 360 compatible controller - even this one does not work.

That is not correct. My joystick doesn’t show up too. The drop-down console on the 2nd screenshot is a KDE-Program called yakuake which is just showing my linux-terminal on top of the game to show you my lsusb output or in short: “the device is there :-), recognized by the operating system”.

While you got the same issues on your ps3 (unix/free BSD relative) i am guessing the joystick support wasn’t tested on any unix/linux systems.

A little update: i could lay hands on a razer onza which is an xbox 360 compatible controller - even this one does not work.

You are correct.  I was looking at the screen shot posted previous to your message.  My apologies for the confusion.

To be clear, I see no devices listed in the list :P.

I have just one issue with joystick - as soon as you activate joystick support, you loose ability to aim with mouse. I workarounded it via binding key presses to joystick movement, but this way I can have only “all or nothing” - no precision manuevers.

Please include support for simultaneous usage of analog joystick and mouse.

There is an option to “Ignore Mouse”.  It is enabled by default.  You can disable this option to use both Joystick and Mouse in the same game.

Using an AfterGlow XBox 360 controller works nicely, only issue I have encountered is a random bug where the ship no longer turns, (ignore mouse off) This tends to happen when switching between mouse/keyboard and controller, most noticeably on LRF disintegrator frigates, the bug resets after the match, or disabling the joystick in game. 

There is an option to “Ignore Mouse”.  It is enabled by default.  You can disable this option to use both Joystick and Mouse in the same game.

It doesn’t work for me. It doesn’t matter if it’s enabled or not - if the joystick support is on, I can only shoot  (no aiming - targeting reticle stays in the middle of the screen) with my mouse, even in free aim mode.

so I tried the joystick and then I wanted to go back to mouse aim. I turned off the joystick, but now I cant get mouse aim back. what do I do?

Restart the game usually solve this problem.

While other games like X3 Terran Conflict find my X52 Flight Control System and my Playstation 2 gamepads (via usb adapter), Star Conflict does not find anything (ingame).

lsusb shows both devices

Bus 001 Device 021: ID 0810:0001 Personal Communication Systems, Inc. Dual PSX Adaptor  // (not connected during screenshot)

Bus 001 Device 018: ID 06a3:075c Saitek PLC X52 Flight Controller

Did i miss anything to setup? 

System: 

OpenSuSE 13.1 (KDE)

CPU: i5-3330s

Memory: 16 GB

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX760 OC 2GB (nvidia)

I cannot get my Thrustmaster working in PC nor in PS3 mode.

Linux Host 3.11.0-18-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 18 21:11:14 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

PS3 Mode

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 044f:b109 ThrustMaster, Inc.

PC Mode

$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 044f:b108 ThrustMaster, Inc. T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick

Tools such as jstest, jscal and jstest-gtk all show functioning buttons and axis.  My Joystick Settings window looks very much like the previous post, except my joystick does not show up in the list.  When I uncheck the Xbox 360 option and press “Update List”, I still do not see any joysticks in my list.  

Any help getting this joystick working would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem, Thrustmaster hotas x installed and working on debian system. Won’t show up in Star Conflict. :frowning:

It doesn’t work for me. It doesn’t matter if it’s enabled or not - if the joystick support is on, I can only shoot  (no aiming - targeting reticle stays in the middle of the screen) with my mouse, even in free aim mode.

That´s my problem too. I love flying with my joystick but with the heavy ships I think it is better if I can aim with my mouse in the free aim mode. If I fly with a Harpy or an other long range, I can aim with the mouse and fly with the joystick. But only in sniper mode. It does not work for the normal guns.

I had my voice for a support for joystick (left hand) and mouse (right hand) play.

I have try to un-tick the “ignore mouse” thing but it does not work as intended.

It would be nice to save different key bindings lay out as one might want full joiystick for fast fighter and joystick + mouse for frigate.

Ok, I have tried the gamepad. I though i could control the aiming with one joystick and the yaw/pitch with the other. Well no. That would be a good idea to have the ursor canon be moved by one the game pad joytick and the yaw/pitch with the other. That would be great. Right now I fill that I cannot use the joytick (even if I prefer the feeling for maneuvring) because it lock my targetting.

Any hope for imporvement?

My microsoft sidewinder Precision 2 is not detected as well in game.

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 045e:0038 Microsoft Corp. SideWinder Precision 2

Xubuntu 15.04 and as a left handed i want the joystick ( right hand) + mouse aim ( left hand) control possible. 

I won’t play the game until then.

Thanks

I have a joystick, the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and my Mac detects it, but when i get in the game it doesn’t appear in the joystick list, even when i refresh it