Joystick/Gamepag controls. Feedback & Bugs.

Hey guys I was wondering which Joystick I should getThe pictures are shown here. Should I get the 1 on the left or the 1 on the right, because Im not sure if the ship would work if I dont have the throttle. 

images there. theres the picture of the joystick WITH the throttle. plz tell me which one I should get. thanks!

You broke the borders of the website. Are you trying to explore where no one has ever been before?

images there. theres the picture of the joystick WITH the throttle. plz tell me which one I should get. thanks!

Do you joictick supported DIRECT INPUT?

It doesn’t work for me. It doesn’t matter if it’s enabled or not - if the joystick support is on, I can only shoot  (no aiming - targeting reticle stays in the middle of the screen) with my mouse, even in free aim mode.

Yeah I recently brought a joystick for use in star conflict as after 2 years of using the keyboard and mouse in the game I was hoping to have a better flying experience and in doing so saving the strain on my left hand as I end up pressing the keyboard way to hard !.. Ive already put my spacebar through as i use that for boosters with my thumb.

The set up I was hoping to use was pushing forward on the joystick to move forward and left, right to spin but before I even got set up the rest of the controls up I noticed if joystick was enabled then I could no longer use the mouse for aiming ? … even with mouse enabled ? … Gutted ! … was hoping to save myself future arthritis ! … Guess Im gonna have to cut my time on the game down until this problem has been sorted as without mouse aiming you have no chance ! .

Any reason you cant set up the mouse and joystick to work together properly ?.

Cheers

Vex

IbZTJHR.jpg

Yeah I recently brought a joystick for use in star conflict as after 2 years of using the keyboard and mouse in the game I was hoping to have a better flying experience and in doing so saving the strain on my left hand as I end up pressing the keyboard way to hard !.. Ive already put my spacebar through as i use that for boosters with my thumb.

The set up I was hoping to use was pushing forward on the joystick to move forward and left, right to spin but before I even got set up the rest of the controls up I noticed if joystick was enabled then I could no longer use the mouse for aiming ? … even with mouse enabled ? … Gutted ! … was hoping to save myself future arthritis ! … Guess Im gonna have to cut my time on the game down until this problem has been sorted as without mouse aiming you have no chance ! .

Any reason you cant set up the mouse and joystick to work together properly ?.

Cheers

Vex

4Y3L0ob.jpg

Answer to my own question Knowing The game isn’t supported for use of mouse and joystick at the same time and I wont be able to cut my hours down in game either . lol

So wouldnt be able to set up the joystick and mouse how I had orignally planned but they can still work together if you ;

Set up the Joystick - untick disable mouse.

Game menu - set flight mode to basic.

Then Key Binds Toggle free aim.

This allows the mouse to aim freely and the flight controls of the ship be used with the joystick.

Hope this helps everyone trying to use a joystick and mouse altho I dont think its gona be enough to out perform pilots using keyboard / mouse .

Cheers

A

One request is that for the Xbox 360 controller, or any gamepad and/or keyboard, there be a way to toggle keys. More specifically the free aim which I have mapped to the select button on my above mentioned controller. I don’t yet have a destroyer but can assume that the only true way to pilot it is to use free aim and being able to press and release the button to go into free aim allows me to easily move forward and backward avoiding getting hit by projectiles.

I have found the best way to map keys for the gamepad, at least for me, is the way it already is plus left button(d-pad) is mapped to lock target with who I am looking at which if I double tap does eyes on target which is nice. I also mapped, like mentioned above, the select button to free aim, which initially there was no way to do it with the gamepad unless mapped, and was originally mapped to a map which there is already a map for the start button so it is unnecessary.

I had bought a Thrustmaster Flight Hotas X, and I had tried on Street Fighter V,Hawk 2,Flight Simulator X,and some few other games,and all they detect all the joystick functions.
But star conflict no.
Star conflict only detect the axis function.
Not even one button it detects?
Why?

You have to use “Key Bindings” menu for bind joystik’s keys

i received a T16000 thrustmaster for christmas, tried it this morning, used the key binds and still had a really hard time flying, it was almost impossible to fight, i have spoken with a few players and have been told that the game is not optimized for joystick use, i realize the devs work very hard on our game and it would be very much appreciated if they could work on joystick use, this is just a suggestion not a complaint!