I have a real issue with the jericho Frigates. Atm at least, the torpedo one feels very sub par.
- They are slower than any other Frigate.
Now this is normal for Jericho ships, but you have to remember, that’s a set back. Maneuverability for anything is survival, or a chance of surviving. The slower you are, the less likely you are to survive, unless your shields/armor can keep up with the extreme focus fire your going to be getting due to how easy of a target you are.
2) they’re Shield tankers, but the highest DPS weapon in the game is EM. Especially now with the Singularity weapon…
so your essentially weakest against the strongest DPS weapons in the game? trololol?
3) Their special ability the guided torpedo is the easiest weapon to counter in the game, and one which can damage friendlies. (if it still can? I know it used too). Drones and anti missiles will shoot it down without missing a beat, and can be jammed easily.
- Due to the flight time of torpedo’s many times either the fight moves away from your ability to hit, or you need to cancel the attack due to either to much friendly fire, or the fight being over, or any series of situations.
- No warning of impending doom.
I’ve been dieing ALOT because I don’t notice or hear I’m getting shot while guiding my torpedo. By the time I hear “shields gone” I blow up my torpedo prematurely to find I’m at 1/4th Hull.
So literally within 5 seconds someone comes up rapes my shields to nothing, and since Jericho Frigates are so incredibly slow on everything doing with movement. I have literally no options other than to say screw you and let them destroy me.
Especially since Jericho ships have absolutely no hull HP.
If that’s not bad enough…
The mines are not as useful for defense either, as most of the covert op ships, and stealth ships have long enough weapons to by pass those mines, Its ony the newbies who literally ride your rear who die even though they still kill me too
The new terrible missile setup makes it 3x worse as they can come up behind me, slam 10 missiles into my rear, by the time I realize something is wrong I’m 2 hits from dieing and they know it doesn’t matter, as if/when they die their missiles are replenished and they can do it again.
Something needs to be done, as Jericho Torpedo Frigates have way to many Cons vs Pro’s.
Some simple fixes to me would be.
- Return the AOE damage module. Which pulses damage out. (Sorry I forget the name of it.)
- Keep the Mini map focused on your ship, not the missile. Atm, the mini map follows the missile… (bug?). If it kept steady on my ship, I could at least see when someone micro warps, or unstealths near me, so I can have at least a minor chance of defending myself.
- Perhaps add a second mini map for the missile, which appears just under the center reticule, and only appears while your guiding the torpedo. That way you have your mini map on the ship, and another following the missile.
- Allow for Anti Missile modules/drones to have a chance of “missing”. Doesn’t need to be super low, but something that isn’t just a fail safe way to remove a Jericho Guided Torpedo. If the enemy has proper amounts of Anti Missile support, it still won’t get through, but at least it has a chance.
- Add a new Module for Jericho Torpedo Frigates which you can put in the Active Module slot. The Module will make the next fired Torpedo or Guided Torpedo be 75% harder to destroy by Anti Missile drones, or modules, and have like a 40-50 second cool down.
Note: I’m not saying all of these should be implemented, simply that some would be a possible fix to balance the pro’s/con’s out a little.