Jaguars are cheat ships

If you created a cheat that is allowed, it would be the Jaguar. The entire grind tree is obsolete against Jaguars in top ranks of skirmish. Every ship that can access zones without station protection is obsolete due to Jaguars.

I’ll be constructive with some ideas or requests:

prohibit secret project ships from being able to attack anything except players in rank 15 ships in open space.

rank range limits on all open space attacking. Rank 13, 14, 15 tacklers or covert ops wailing on a rank 7 engineer does not have to be possible. I mean, we already know who will win that.

I recommend designers & developers play your own game with rank 14 or 15 ships. Especially compare that rank 14 Jericho Sword AE tackler against a Jaguar. See if you can be all over every map, crippling every ship you can see without any cooldown to wait through, killing everything with 1 or 2 shots, never getting killed, being able to cloak on top of it all!, outrunning every interceptor, a Sword AE or anything else.

Game designers would have to decide what to do beyond that.

Jaguar is a ship that gets to buff every single thing that can be buffed beyond belief… damage, speed, durability, energy. It gets to completely cripple any other ship all it wants, and it gets to cloak! If that’s not a cheat, I don’t know what is.

Well, a week ago you were saying Destroyers are absolute cheats, now Jaguar, what is next week?

lol

Well, a week ago you were saying Destroyers are absolute cheats, now Jaguar, what is next week?

I have not said anything like that about destroyers in the forums. Other folks are digging into the destroyer details.

lol

That ^ is not mine either. I’m not in the nerf covert ops party.

wtf xD rockwell too? any cruise tackler too? your description of jaguar seems like a 3/3/3/3/3 ship with 6 cannons…it is not. Jaguar by itself its not tanky, unless you do 3 shields 3 hulls (lol xD) with crappy firepower/maneuverability or 2-3 adaptives (use inhibitor beam or any other slow and its dead). Its not the fighter with highest dmg (any gunship will beat it) and doesnt possess the best energy stability unless you put some mods on it.

The rule for SP ships is ridiculous, cause some T5 prem ships are pretty similar to some SP ships (most players build the kraken like a BD, having almost same stats) and can do better if well used. Also, SP vs R15 only? really? like R14 was a poor defenseless baby…and R13 had no chance at all…come on…

nerf the game! everything is OP

nerf the game! everything is OP

or find some way to legitimize ranks 13 to 15 of the regular grind tree ships. And if you do that, you have to find ways to legitimize the 12, 11, 10’s then the 9’s, 8’s, 7’s and the 6’s all the way down to the 1’s. Buff everything or seriously examine 1 glaring cheat ship. Whichever way it goes.

wtf xD rockwell too? any cruise tackler too? your description of jaguar seems like a 3/3/3/3/3 ship with 6 cannons…it is not. Jaguar by itself its not tanky, unless you do 3 shields 3 hulls (lol xD) with crappy firepower/maneuverability or 2-3 adaptives (use inhibitor beam or any other slow and its dead). Its not the fighter with highest dmg (any gunship will beat it) and doesnt possess the best energy stability unless you put some mods on it.

The rule for SP ships is ridiculous, cause some T5 prem ships are pretty similar to some SP ships (most players build the kraken like a BD, having almost same stats) and can do better if well used. Also, SP vs R15 only? really? like R14 was a poor defenseless baby…and R13 had no chance at all…come on…

I knew that people with a Jaguar would want to defend it and keep all of its ridiculously outrageous advantages. You know as well as everybody else which one wins if it’s Mjolnir versus Jaguar. Or to go even deeper, let’s imagine Sword AE versus Jaguar. This is so obvious it doesn’t even need me typing about it.

AXE vs JAGUAR! 

what next?

AXE vs JAGUAR! 

what next?

Alright, if revisiting common sense is necessary: Axe encountering Jaguar in Skirmish is not an issue because it does not happen. Everyone without a Jaguar may as well be flying an Axe though. There is nothing in the grind tree that belongs in the same game with Jaguar. That goes for almost all of the r15 premium ships too.

The developers have access to the “success” records of the Jaguar. They’ll be able to figure out its outrageous advantages.

Am I talking to a bunch of people who did not play the 13 through 15 grind tree ships? I don’t see y’all praising any of those ships as if they are relevant at all.

You might want to suck less and improve your skill before you can make such claims. I remember seeing you in a CTB game today and you were consistently out of position/flying in a straight line. Which doesn’t help against tacklers. Surprising, I know.

Also, ever heard of spydrones and ML? It’s kind of really effective at uncloaking tacklers. Protip.

Am I talking to a bunch of people who did not play the 13 through 15 grind tree ships? I don’t see y’all praising any of those ships as if they are relevant at all.

Here is a list of awesome ships 13-15, i’ll praise them anyday

Viking Storm Viking Jarl Berserker Cyning Grey Falcon Spectre Falcon Falcon-M Peregrine Wakizashi Wakizashi R Wakizashi AE Caltrop

Appolo Aura Lightbringer Spark Mjolnir Lion PiranhaB2 Lion MK II Rockwell Saw One

Dragon Naga Arch Dragon Black Dragon Kraken T-Rex mk2 T-Rex Octopus Mauler InquisitorS Patriarch Ronin

These are truly great ships, those that missing are arguably not great, but just good. Best part of a T5 is that almost all ships in r13-r15 range are competitive

Viking Storm Viking Jarl Berserker Cyning Grey Falcon Spectre Falcon Falcon-M Peregrine Wakizashi Wakizashi R Wakizashi AE Caltrop

Appolo Aura Lightbringer Spark Mjolnir Lion PiranhaB2 Lion MK II Rockwell Saw One

Dragon Naga Arch Dragon Black Dragon Kraken T-Rex mk2 T-Rex Octopus Mauler InquisitorS Patriarch Ronin

These are truly great ships, those that are arguably not great, but just good. Best part of a T5 is that almost all ships in r13-r15 range are competitive

ikr!

fgBTXB4.jpg

Storm Viking is literally god-tier in the current meta.

These are truly great ships, those that are arguably not great, but just good. Best part of a T5 is that almost all ships in r13-r15 range are competitive

This is actually very true as unlike T4 and T3,the R13 ships aren’t really at a disadvantage when faced by a SP ship. It’s the only reason why I enjoy doing T5 pvp every now and then.

You might want to suck less and improve your skill before you can make such claims. I remember seeing you in a CTB game today and you were consistently out of position/flying in a straight line. Which doesn’t help against tacklers. Surprising, I know.

Also, ever heard of spydrones and ML? It’s kind of really effective at uncloaking tacklers. Protip.

I’m the one who blew 12 out of 12 guard drones off enemy beacons in that match. I was either top score or 2nd on that team. It’s a team game. I did the job of a recon in it. Recons do not swirl around like gnats when racing from A to B as fast as possible. Recon microwarp IS a straight line.

Recons do not sit at home with the engineer all their lives. They are intended to cover some ground. They are the scout in Star Conflict. Put scout in a search engine if you need more help figuring out what a scout is supposed to be doing.

Recons can’t be everywhere all the time with extreme speed, high durability, extreme damage, the ability to cloak and completely cripple other ships without even a module recharge time to consider, the way it is for a Jaguar. There are some limits to not flying a cheat ship.

These are truly great ships, those that missing are arguably not great, but just good. Best part of a T5 is that almost all ships in r13-r15 range are competitive

I read your list of ships, and I’m thinking: yeah they are great in the same game together. Wouldn’t it be great if there wasn’t also a ridiculously outrageous cheat ship among them? Still, what is the Jaguar doing in the same game with them? Rockwell is the only one that has comparable cheating advantages to Jaguar. We could start with de-crippling the ships you didn’t list, but that is a lot more work than just stripping 1 single cheat from the game.

People with a cheat ship sure do want to keep it.

Not one person has even mentioned or proposed a counter to the Jaguar. The closest so far is spy drones or microlocator. Yeah that’s real crippling!  Bump a rock to get rid of SD or destroy ML with 1 shot. I don’t know how many times someone has said, “wow I am glad someone on my team happened to bring a recon (and its module recharge times) to go up against those Jaguars!”.

Jaguar proponents are struggling.

the Jag is overrated. People fly it as mix between gunship and tackler.

At least in PvP usually jag pilots are useless egoistic half baked gunships, who are nearly completely unable to catch any interceptor, and usually just safe their own skin.

It’s basicly like the Parallax. You got to love it for its versatility, but at the same time, sigh disappointedly, if you see them overused in PvP, unable to even catch the dumbest of interceptors on its own coz… “my fit has bubbles and cruise, survival modules and drone stations”…

I have quite a few ships i usually use to hunt jags. at least in pvp since i am not often in OpenSpace.

The only hard thing about it is, that you do not know beforehand, if that jaguar over there actually fitted some tackling modules or not, but otherwise i guess you are very safe in using ceptors to escape it.

Basicly all Jerri T5 commands fitted right can deal with a jaguar easily in 1:1

It’s hard to kill, but without help, it probably wont kill u, except you are still a nub. Only then I can explain why you would say they are a cheat. Get one yourself, u’ll see.