I would say that Valor is much better on this map due to raw speed

Nukem with 2 engines

Paralax/bear

Those are the best ships to use on this map,

And then

PromX

WolfM

Kite

Are the only free ships i would want to have on my team on this map.

And then

PromX

WolfM

Kite

Are the only free ships i would want to have on my team on this map.

What’s the slow PromX doing in that speed line-up? (I know, for lack of alternatives)

Black Swarm is another free one that would fit IMHO unless you don’t want to have an ECM.

What’s the slow PromX doing in that speed line-up? (I know, for lack of alternatives)

Black Swarm is another free one that would fit IMHO unless you don’t want to have an ECM.

It’s the faster Empire Command afaik. And you can make it faster depending on your modules, reaching ridiculous speeds for a ship like that.

It’s the faster Empire Command afaik. And you can make it faster depending on your modules, reaching ridiculous speeds for a ship like that.

It’s the only R9 empire command. And yes, it has the 10% speed bonus instead of the 50% range bonus of the Prometheus.

Katana S is faster though (also +10% bonus but faster base speed). One of the few Jericho ships I truly enjoyed btw, with double adaptive shields, +45% energy bonus and 3 capacitor slots it makes a very nasty singularity brawler - or at least it did back in the day when Tacklers were a footnote, would probably be suicide to run it like that these days (haven’t flown it since my awesome paintjob on it got changed into some ugly camo pattern :P) and thus difficult to integrate into a tournament team.

It’s the only R9 empire command. And yes, it has the 10% speed bonus instead of the 50% range bonus of the Prometheus.

Katana S is faster though (also +10% bonus but faster base speed). One of the few Jericho ships I truly enjoyed btw, with double adaptive shields, +45% energy bonus and 3 capacitor slots it makes a very nasty singularity brawler - or at least it did back in the day when Tacklers were a footnote, would probably be suicide to run it like that these days (haven’t flown it since my awesome paintjob on it got changed into some ugly camo pattern :P) and thus difficult to integrate into a tournament team.

We arent exactly talking about what we could get away with in Random PvP games :), i, for example, fly Desert Eagle with 2-3 Lightweight Hulls with Bubbles, but i wouldn’t call it a competitive build :slight_smile:

• PromX is almost as fast as Katana S

• They have “equal dmg” (Empire passive dmg boost vs CPU)

• PromX has much better slot layout

• Due to Hull tanking and slot layout PromX is much more flexible in builds and still more survivable than KatanaS

Hell, I remember using Katana S with more than 400 speed, who increased even more with the speed mod  :lol:

We arent exactly talking about what we could get away with in Random PvP games :),

As I said, I don’t think you could even get away with anymore in random PVP these days, but back when I flew it it was an entirely awesome build (tacklers had long cooldowns and in the rare cases that one would blow it on your ship then diffusion shield was usually enough to wheather it). :wink:

Regarding your tournament, I already conceded in my original response a lack of alternatives for the Prom-X, it’s the only logical choice for a command at the moment. My response was mainly about the viability of the Black Swarm as a good non-premium support ECM missing in your list (50% range bonus means it works well in conjunction with your tacklers).

Hell, I remember using Katana S with more than 400 speed, who increased even more with the speed mod  :lol:

Exactly. It’s a bit of a shame all that got rebalanced tbh, the old speed builds were so much fun.

As I said, I don’t think you could even get away with anymore in random PVP these days, but back when I flew it it was an entirely awesome build (tacklers had long cooldowns and in the rare cases that one would blow it on your ship then diffusion shield was usually enough to wheather it). :wink:

Regarding your tournament, I already conceded in my original response a lack of alternatives for the Prom-X, it’s the only logical choice for a command at the moment. My response was mainly about the viability of the Black Swarm as a good non-premium support ECM missing in your list (50% range bonus means it works well in conjunction with your tacklers).

Exactly. It’s a bit of a shame all that got rebalanced tbh, the old speed builds were so much fun.

You can still do it. With x2 power unit conduit and the r9 cheetah implant.

It is a 8v8 format

running ECM and Tackler in the same time doesn’t make sense for me.

And i pick Tackler over ECM in T3 any day.

Regarding the new updates, what do you think about the fact to change the game mode of the tournament to “Team Deathmatch”?

Great though! Iridium is a very bad map for anything objective based.

Regarding the new updates, what do you think about the fact to change the game mode of the tournament to “Team Deathmatch”?

On the same map? Position closer to own spawn is obviously more advantageous, it is about 20k between spawns, map doesn’t have much cover for “positioning” war in a center and it is much-much easier to bunker down at the entrance at the sphere. Why in the world would you leave the sphere to go for your enemy? That will be ultimate standoff, boring as hell.

_ Some changes in the terms of the tournament: _

1. Game mod

Many players were unhappy with the long distance between the beacons, therefore we decided to change the game mode to “Team battle”. “Friendly Fire” is enabled.

2. Awards

We decided to add the incentive prizes for 4th and 5th places - 1000 Galactic Standards + 1 day of Premium.
We also added a special prize for the winning team - pirate frigate Jericho (Rank 9):

blood_tormentor_680x340.jpg

HO MY GOD ! The Blood Tormentor !!! Give it to meeeeeeeeeeeee ! MY BABY !

HO MY GOD ! The Blood Tormentor !!! Give it to meeeeeeeeeeeee ! MY BABY !

[fanboy intensifies]

Blood Tormentor, huh? Now that’s finally a proper paintjob, hope those type of styles come to the rest of Star Conflict soon so we’d actually have some customization options worth to put GS down for.

When is that tournament anyway?

Blood Tormentor, huh? Now that’s finally a proper paintjob, hope those type of styles come to the rest of Star Conflict soon so we’d actually have some customization options worth to put GS down for.

When is that tournament anyway?

Tournament date & time:  14:00 (UTC+4), April 19 (Saturday).

Is there a way to watch the games? 

Tournament date & time:  14:00 (UTC+4), April 19 (Saturday).

Looking forward to watch the videos. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to attend or to watch the streaming since I will be out for Easter holidays.

Way to go guys, next time pick another date!!

_ Some changes in the terms of the tournament: _

1. Game mod

Many players were unhappy with the long distance between the beacons, therefore we decided to change the game mode to “Team battle”. “Friendly Fire” is enabled.

So if the gamemode is now changed to team battles, will the map still be iridium strand? or will it be changed to one of the current team battles map.