Iridium Wars (Stream and discussion)

You can take part in tournament as official streamer here.

So what about the server the matches will take place? Only Russian servers I assume.

So what about the server the matches will take place? Only Russian servers I assume.

Yep, and the US part of the tournament will happen on the EU servers too!

Don’t be stupid. It’s double elimination.

1 Game on each server. The first game server will be selected by throwing a coin, then it will be 1-1-1-1-etc

So if it’s NASA vs ESB, the first game will be randomly selected, let’s say it’s NA, then the following games will be RU-NA-RU-NA-etc

That’s not official info, it’s just an assumption following what happened in the last tournament “Best in Space”.

PS: Also we don’t know yet if this will be worldwide or we will have RU tournament appart from the NA/EU tournament.

PS: Also we don’t know yet if this will be worldwide or we will have RU tournament appart from the NA/EU tournament.

This one is “united” there will be no separation, because there wont be any teams fron NA except for NASA

1 Game on each server. The first game server will be selected by throwing a coin, then it will be 1-1-1-1-etc

So if it’s NASA vs ESB, the first game will be randomly selected, let’s say it’s NA, then the following games will be RU-NA-RU-NA-etc

That’s not official info, it’s just an assumption following what happened in the last tournament “Best in Space”.

I’m just being realistic.

They  play until one team has more wins and it has been played in both region an equal amount of games.

The currently possible game setups are not for competitive matches especially if you want to have games where you get a high rewards or consider doing esports.

Check my suggestion here: [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/22862-competitiveesports-match-setup/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22862-competitiveesports-match-setup/)

This one is “united” there will be no separation, because there wont be any teams fron NA except for NASA

Still, there will be various teams from Europe (WPK, Impz, r4ge, Spin) I hope, so if they wanted they could separate it in 2 tourneys, RU and EU

I’m just being realistic.

They  play until one team has more wins and it has been played in both region an equal amount of games.

The currently possible game setups are not for competitive matches especially if you want to have games where you get a high rewards or consider doing esports.

No you’re not being realistic, one thing is the game and the queue mechanics, and other thing is a Tournament.

The map were choosen because it was the most simetric map so no one would have an advantage. Do you really thing the games would be just in RU because of xxxx? 

The one who creates the lobby just chooses the region, and both teams will have the same rights. I find it fair. That’s what we did in last tournament when NASA vs WPK, we had 1 game in each region.

The one who creates the lobby just chooses the region, and both teams will have the same rights.

Choosing the region still doesn’t make it competitive. As there still can be xxxx servers at the same region. Check my suggestion [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/22862-competitiveesports-match-setup/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22862-competitiveesports-match-setup/) .

Choosing the region still doesn’t make it competitive. As there still can be xxxx servers at the same region. Check my suggestion [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/22862-competitiveesports-match-setup/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/22862-competitiveesports-match-setup/) .

With the size of our community that wont happen

Last tournament went great. No one complained. Why cant we just do like that again. I fail to see the problem.

Last tournament went great. No one complained. Why cant we just do like that again. I fail to see the problem.

What has the size of the community with selecting server vs region to do?

Still, there will be various teams from Europe (WPK, Impz, r4ge, Spin) I hope, so if they wanted they could separate it in 2 tourneys, RU and EU

Why in the world would you want to separate RU and EU?

I know Russia in itself has up to 8 hours difference, but majority of population is in west portion of it, and worse case scenario is Portugal - Kazakhstan ~6 hours difference, even then it is easily manageable with timings. Same goes for server RU and EU have very tolerable and playable ping on each others servers. 

Unfortunately for us (NA) we can hardly scrap 2-4 teams from whole America, and at least 2 of them will be from NASA.

There are quite a few people here that just don’t complain, because w/e, it doesn’t mean it was great.

Seriously, don’t call people stupid when you spout nonsense yourself. Double elimination has nothing to do with this. That just means there is a loser’s bracket. What you wanted to say is the best-of-3 format.

What has the size of the community with selecting server vs region to do?

Our community is small, so the effort of doing such a thing (your suggestion) will not be taken into consideration until we have tournaments with a huge amount of teams where much more seriousness is needed. Now we are only a few, so the system we had in the last tournament would work as well as it worked before.

Why in the world would you want to separate RU and EU?

Last tournament there was also only 1 NA team and the rest EU, and a separate RU tournament, and it was separated, this one could be separated too if they wanted.

And I want a worldwide tournament.

There are quite a few people here that just don’t complain, because w/e, it doesn’t mean it was great.

If they don’t complain it’s their fault. If they complain something could be done (hopefully) so everything would be fair for everyone.

Seriously, don’t call people stupid when you spout nonsense yourself. Double elimination has nothing to do with this. That just means there is a loser’s bracket. What you wanted to say is the best-of-3 format.

Taking into consideration that out of nowhere they started whining and assuming that the tournament would be done in favour of the russian community is pretty stupid.

Well, more than stupid, unpolite and childish, I apologize then for the “insult”.

Our community is small, so the effort of doing such a thing (your suggestion) will not be taken into consideration until we have tournaments with a huge amount of teams where much more seriousness is needed. Now we are only a few, so the system we had in the last tournament would work as well as it worked before.

I disagree! The amount of players has nothing to do with it and this tournament is already the most serious competition. You get a lot of GS for the first 3 places. The implementation of this ** suggestion can be kept and doesn’t need to be removed for unregulated games.**

Last tournament there was also only 1 NA team and the rest EU, and a separate RU tournament, and it was separated, this one could be separated too if they wanted.

And I want a worldwide tournament.

Here is where is doesn’t make sense to separate because of the small community.

Taking into consideration that out of nowhere they started whining and assuming that the tournament would be done in favour of the russian community is pretty stupid.

Well, more than stupid, unpolite and childish, I apologize then for the “insult”.

Because out of experience that is how it has been done so far. For SecCOn which is supposed to be end game and highly competitive dev don’t care. They don’t give a xxxx about players with high ping “we cannot fix high latency…” just read the Dev Q&A’s. How often do you get a ping of 200ms in matches?  

Tournament start at 14:00 (UTC+4).

Please don’t get personal in this discussion. Stay on topic without “insulting”. Moderators will remove any further comments, of insults/profanity.

Since tier 3 premium ships are permited hence empire premium ships and federation premium ships are far superior than standard ships. I have a suggestion that this weekend premium ships have a discount or something so people who didn’t bought premium ships and dlc’s can aquire one. Or you can simply ban premium ships from the tournament.

Premium ships are not superior, they just fill in the missing roles in T3.

Premium ships are just like any other ship: they have a different layout of mods. Sometimes it’s a fortunate layout, sometimes it’s not (the best engineer in T3 is the Styx, a non-prem ship, hands down, you can’t argue with that).

Yeah but on gunships it’s hard to find a match for Desert Eagle. It has a nice layout and i’m not sure about this, but i think it also has an extra slot. + it’s crit bonus.