IR Laser [Weapon]

Name: IR Laser

Type: Primary Weapon for frigates

Damage: medium

Range: medium

Heating: low

Tooltip: Fires an invisible Infrared laser at the target to heat up its hull. If the beam is held on the target, the weapons begin to overheat, and random modules temporarily become blocked.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Name: Radio Laser

Type: Primary Weapon for frigates

Damage: medium

Range: medium

Heating: low

Tooltip: Fires an invisible radio laser at the target. If the beam is held on the target, the weapons begin to overheat, and random modules temporarily become blocked.

Physics sense is tingeling! A laser’s beam divergence is proportional to its wavelength!

A radio laser with wavelengths in the regions of kilometers would have an incredibly short effective range!

If you want an invisible laser, please name the module infrared, or better yet, ultraviolet laser! ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

(I am sorry, but I had to.)

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

Physics sense is tingeling! A laser’s beam divergence is proportional to its wavelength!

A radio laser with wavelengths in the regions of kilometers would have an incredibly short effective range!

If you want an invisible laser, please name the module infrared, or better yet, ultraviolet laser! ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

(I am sorry, but I had to.)

Since when are things in this game named accurately

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Since when are things in this game named accurately

Since this topic exists! :3

Oh, the novel concept of using low-frequency radiation for a weaponized application…

(This uses a band of light weaker than visible light, just saying…)