"Ion Beam" Secondary Weapon

Name: Ion Beam (Ion Cannon)

Type: Secondary Weapon, Craftable

Function: 1 charge in cartridge. 18 second cartridge reload time. Right-clicking fires a long-range white beam in the direction your cursor is. Aiming mechanics the same as unguided missiles and EM Torpedo. Does heavy Thermal damage on impact, rivaling EM Toroedo, just without splash damage. This weapon would bring some specialty weaponry to the Secondary Weapon slot, instead of just having missiles and mines. It would have faster reloading time as to act like a primary weapon, just with less rate of fire and more focused damage. I’d place the max range at about 8km. Projectile speed is that of a Tachyon Charge+Disintegrator bolt.

Crafting: 2 Osmium Crystals, 1 Computing Chip, 1 Metal Blank.

Works like a primary weapon, just for the secondary slot. Not meant to replace any role-specific weaponry.

So this would be like a Disintegrator with more damage as a secondary? A) Why have LRFs then? B) YES WE NEED THIS NOW.

Well the idea was originally an LRF-specific weapon idea that would give their names more meaning, but I thought it would just fit better as an actual secondary weapon. It is sorta kinda like disint. Yeah. But slower firing and with less range. Plus you have to craft it so it’s rather expensive to use. It balances out any potential OPness with usability.

Mines are already an applicable secondary to give to the LRF. Protecting them as they provide overwatch at range is fitting. It’s not always used that way, but still.

Rather than give them some craftable secondary long-range gun, perhaps some work should be done to allow them to be more effective as sniper support without ruining gameplay, and discouraging multiple players from ruining games by sitting back at spawn in them doing nothing useful.

Mines are already an applicable secondary to give to the LRF. Protecting them as they provide overwatch at range is fitting. It’s not always used that way, but still.

Rather than give them some craftable secondary long-range gun, perhaps some work should be done to allow them to be more effective as sniper support without ruining gameplay, and discouraging multiple players from ruining games by sitting back at spawn in them doing nothing useful.

Or maybe we can drop all assumptions first. Just because I mention mines and long range in the same post does not mean I intend for this to be an LRF-only feature. I do agree that LRFs need some tweaking, but this topic has nothing to do with that.

It is simply a cool new secondary weapon that I think would be neat~ :3

I have read your idea 3 times and I still don’t exactly know, if I picture it right.

If you wish that developers will seriously consider your suggestion, you need to put a considerable amount of time and effort into it.

Lack of additional vital information prevents me to assess your idea, since I do not know all the details, but I do know enough, to get an estimate at least.

What details are left out? Do I need to give you a poorly drawn example of what it might look like? XD

What details are left out? Do I need to give you a poorly drawn example of what it might look like? XD

You failed to mentioned some relevant data, like the speed of the beam? Is it instantaneous or is it slow? It pretty much is very similar to anomaly on Guards.

Not a single module requires a right mouse click, unless if you want to fire a missile. Small things, but it adds up. Check my thread [here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/26489-new-classified-module-revealed-extended-shield-barrier-matrix-aka-guardian/).

Okay imma let this one slide. I guess you just don’t read English well. Read over the original post again then come back. ^^

And it says “secondary weapon” not “active module”, just fyi.

And here is the quote from the original text that describes speed:

Projectile speed is that of a Tachyon Charge+Disintegrator bolt.

Okay imma let this one slide. I guess you just don’t read English well. Read over the original post again then come back. ^^

And it says “secondary weapon” not “active module”, just fyi.

And here is the quote from the original text that describes speed:

I read it, but it doesn’t mention if this is mark I version or mark IV! You need to write all the data, like missile speed anyway.

Do you think that developers will check that for you? Just provide all specifics, like I did.

SECONDARY WEAPON

:I

What is the normal speed for a disint charge anyways? I can’t get on till tonight so I have a day to wait…

:I

What is the normal speed for a disint charge anyways? I can’t get on till tonight so I have a day to wait…

Well, all the data can be provided. Don’t worry. I might help you with some information, but not right now.

Mmk

overpowered much

I tend to lean to the overpowered stuff side, yes. But the devs will be the ones to decide the final numbers

As they decided the numbers of the new A1MA? Which is more than useless now… 2k EM damage in T4… that’s…

Lol. Yeah.

why, OP, but, except, well

I don’t think this is needed.  Snipers have the disintegrator, guards have anomaly, engineers have EM torps, and I sincerely hope you had not planned to be able to put this weapon on fighters or interceptors…

Lol no. Frigs only secondary.

Lol no. Frigs only secondary.

So why is it needed? How does it replace anomaly generator for the guard and disintegrator/torp for the LRFs?