Interstellar Olympic Games (Racing Event)

If this is as fun as it sounds, I might try to host one such event for EU before summer…

And I like very much the restriction on weapons to Mk1 laser with short range ammo  007_3.png

Is microwarp allowed? :stuck_out_tongue:

Neo read the convo for the answer

Since half the racers are on your team and you can’t target them, the efficiency of ECMs is going to take a big hit. Against racers on the enemy team, they can sap energy (no ABing) or stun with stasis (makes for easy kills). But against racers on the same team, they can’t do anything at all.

Covops can use adaptive camo and run. Since friendly fire is on, orion and plasma arc will work as normal. Plus they can leave nukes behind at checkpoints.

Recons don’t have as many toys as covops against racers on their team, but they’re much more mobile than ECMs. 

G4borg remember only targeting systems work on opposing teams. Only the covop plasma arc, cloak and the recon cloak would be useful. Even then people are still able to see you with their scanners. This is really just racing with the “chance to destroy someone”. If the developers made this a legitimate game mode then modules and weapons the require targeting systems would be viable.

Therefore I suggest recon for escaping and warping around, covop for killing and ECM for survival. But still it is a race. So race

When I organize the team ECMs would be on the same team with a few other roles. This would allow them to use their modules on half the team.

Don’t forget recons can leave little nasty RED turds…along the way  

Don’t forget recons can leave little nasty RED turds…along the way  

TURDS

Timed Unexplained Random Destruction System - A NASA standard in all Recons. Also includes the SWEET ROLLS system in micro locators. 

I need more participants.

Lol u would think that if u allowed everyine to shoot eachother they would just kill each other when the race starts right? Because the person in 1st cant shoot backwards and they wouldnt want to die

There are multiple ways of disturbing or destroying opponents so they can’t affect you in the real game mode.

Recons can obviously place proximity mines. They can use keybinds to target then use the parasitic remodulator or spydrones to increase the risk of the opponent being destroyed.

Covops can place nukes at beacons. They can also target those behind them with keybinds then use the plasma web or whitenoise jammer to prevent from being attacked.

ECMs can do much more than moderately damage the person behind them. They can stop the opponent altogether with the stasis generator or simply prevent the person from attacking with the other similar module. They could drain the person’s energy and prevent them from afterburning while being able to AB continuously. They could lessen the damage taken with the weapon inhibitor. Or they could launch an energy diffuser missile at a random rock and the opponents will pass through unable to attack or AB.

IMO ECMs would be the most dangerous players because they lower your place in the race and they are the most durable. Using the energy drainer they can AB almost indefinitely.

Mines and nukes can only do so much and usually you see them coming. Using a recon to warp is always a risk because you can crash. You would need to be skilled to pinpoint where you want to go. Covops are only really good with their modules if they are behind you but it doesn’t matter where you are relative to the ECM. They can attack you if you are anywhere inside their radius.

Efefay… U crash too much in recons -_-

It’s true

It could be interesting but I won’t be available for wednesday . Too bad it don’t happen on weekend !!

Date has changed to friday 5/30/2014

Time remains the same 4:30

If its friday i will be able to make it efefay, just make sure im in the first few matches because i usually log off at 5:00

Noobtrain1-JP’s sweet roll delivery ship-recon-t3

Still waits for EU players to make an appearance after the dat change.

COUGH g4borg neo COUGH

XD

As for me, Friday the 30th is not the best choice. I *might* attend, but the chances are low. Maybe it’s better to count me as a potential referee then, I would not like to take one player slot and not show up.

Sorry.

I keep you there anyways. It’s not like people are clamoring for a spot. -.-

You can sign me up, but I didn’t decide on the class yet. And why is everybody signing up with T3 ships?