Interstellar Olympic Games (Racing Event)

I post this topic here because for some reason i cannot post in the mercenary > event and tournament section. Please move it there if you wish. It will probably get more reception there.

Welcome to the First Interstellar Olympic Games! This is where pilots from all factions come together, forget about their conflicts and set off to race and destroy each other for fun. lol.png
Applications

Referees
Four referees, including myself are needed to make sure every participant abides by the rules. Offer yourself as a referee. They will be chosen by yours truly. I ask that all referees pilot recon ships with “Enhanced Scanner” Ship Modifiers to ensure that they can see the entire map and all the players. In the event that no referees are available I will press tab to view everything. When participants close in on the finish line i will switch back to regular and decide who has what place.

List of Referees:
-
-
-

Participants
Only ten pilots will be allowed to play due to convenience and simplicity reasons. Pilots will be added to the roster on a first come, first serve basis. Please place your application in this format:

Name - Ship Name - Role - Tier
Efefay - The Booty Blaster - ECM - Tier 3

List of Participants:
- Kine - Recon
- Chalain - Recon
- Noobtrain1 - Recon
- NeoCodex - Undecided
- Noirlotus - Covert Ops
- CrystaLjack - Covert Ops

- oneil19 - Undecided
-
-
-

Teams So Far:

1.) Kine, Noobtrain1, CrystaLjack, Efefay(As Referee)

2.) NeoCodex, Noirlotus, Chalain, oneil19

Spectators

Unlimited Number. Spectators must use a recon. At spawn they MWD into the nearest asteroid. Then they can switch to any of the participants views.

List of Spectators:

- XJV19

Rules

General

• Pilots must start behind me. They may pass the start line only when I activate my “Missile Flare” Module. Then you proceed racing and mauling each other.

• No hacking, cheats, etc.

• If you kill a referee you will be disqualified from the current race and be BLACKLISTED from future games.

• No premium ships.
    Specific to Map

• Only one ship will be permitted. That ship must be of the Interceptor Class.

• Only T1-T3 ships are permitted

• Pilots must travel around the checkpoint(beacon) as shown in the diagram.

• Although there is only 1 lap, there will be 3 matches.

post-245332-0-94034700-1400702116.png

Point System

1st place gets 4 points.

2nd place gets 3 points.

3rd place gets 2 points.

4th place get 1 points.

5th place gets no points.

Person with the highest score after three matches will win. 

General Information
The map will be in the “Pandora Anomaly: Capture the Beacon.”

When players enter the enemy teams side the drones will attack. Make a dash and hope you don’t get hit or go the long way around, on the perimeter. Remember that you can’t go along the inner side of the track.

Time and date are subject to change. Make sure to check back often. Time and date will never be brought back to a sooner date.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/eastern-time/

Hello,

first, time conversion : 16:30 EST = 20:30 GMT (so 16:30 NewYork, 22:30 in Paris, 24:30 in Moscow, 13:30 Los Angeles, 06:30 next day in Sydney)

New Date

June 6th, 2014

4:30 PM

Please tell me if I missed anything

Kine - Pooch - Recon - T3

4:30 EST is 4:30am ?

4:30 EST is 4:30am ?

Unfortunately, yes. I’ll be working by then so sadly I have to give this one a miss.

Unfortunately, yes. I’ll be working by then so sadly I have to give this one a miss.

It’s PM

I never see you on, Jacxis, when I’m on. Your name reminds me of JPhack. I only ever saw him once ingame and that was late at night.

Can you please make this on weekend so europeans can attend? Also this might not work if we mix and match EU/US players due to lag at high speeds.  Now that I think of it, we kind of need to host another event in eu prime time on eu server, doing this on the US server won’t work for us.

speed wont be the problem, but turning :smiley:

but yeah, EU would be nice, too.

in any case, i want to see footage afterwards!!! utub!!!

btw. what about recons… :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s PM

I never see you on, Jacxis, when I’m on. Your name reminds me of JPhack. I only ever saw him once ingame and that was late at night.

My time zone is +8GMT, which is exactly 12 hours away from yours. 

I would like to attend but, due to having a job that literally ends at 4 PM EST and I have a 1 hour and 20 min commute I cannot make that time of 4:30 PM

If the time is changed, then can put up my application to be a local Referee as well as a participant.

Also I suggest you make this only one tier for participation. As having a T2 vs a T3 has the issue of speed caps, and energy sustainability. 

You could always warp home. Anyways I could do sundays. I need to check my schedule though.

Fridays also. iPod doesn’t allow me to edit posts. This is just a test run anyways. I would like it if eu players play as well.

You could always warp home. Anyways I could do sundays. I need to check my schedule though.

Oh yeah. The idea is great, and I’m sure you can find more GMs like me that can help you Ref. After all that’s our job! 

Besides we all know who will win…Takamina. Lololololol. *sarcasim* *declaration of war* *Eats sweet roll* 

Hello,

first, time conversion : 16:30 EST = 20:30 GMT (so 16:30 NewYork, 22:30 in Paris, 24:30 in Moscow, 13:30 Los Angeles, 06:30 next day in Sydney)

then, I should be able to participate as referee or competitor  (but, of course, depends on the date chosen).

Chalain - BlueArrow - Recon - T3

Are Recon allowed to Warp, and CovertOps to AxePlasma every one right after start :lol: ??

Recons are allowed to warp and covops can axplasma. Ty for the time conversions. They will be taken into consideration.

Recons are allowed to warp and covops can axplasma. 

Poor ECMs. 

Please someone host this for EU as well.

Ecm only advantage is high health and the ability to save yourself with special mod

I don’t exactly understand the rule of the race. So you can shoot/kill your oponents…? How would using metastable help winning the race if it makes you stop moving?

If you die you can’t continue. I’d rather stay alive and lower my place than die. Also there is a chance to stop others.

everybody should take mk1 pulse lasers with short range ammo.^^

ECM would have great opportunities, stasising full speed covops into asteroids while they manouver… I think in a race without direct killing allowed, they would be the most lethal ones. Also the slowest.