I would love to see ths game incorporate some exploration/mining/gathering/crafting/collecting/ etc
Instance Based Expansive Universe:
- Imagine a map of a universe with dots on it (much like looting is now) and when a player clicks on the dot they are transported to an instance of a map (like a battelground map) where the player could gather resources to be used in crafting or selling to the warehouse.
- If the universe map starts off with 5 dots (for example) then players occupy all of them, then another dot would appear, leaving at least one (or more) points on the universe map unoccupied at all times, and players would enter into instances either occupied or not to do whatever they wanted to do.
- This would allow PVP as well.
- For example, you are short on cash, so you want to mine some germanium, so you go to the star map (which shows you all occupied instances that are not full, plus a couple that are empty, though there’s no way of telling if anyone is already in the instance) you see all the dots to choose from and pick one, perhaps according to the probable resources you may find there. Then you enter that instance and do whatever it is you needed to do.
- This would allow the universe to be seemingly expansive from a player’s point of view while utilizing the instance structure already employed and alleviating the necessity to create and maintain a true expansive universe where players would have free roam capabilities. No worries of overpopulation in an area, no worries of map creation, and very little additional coding in comparison to what it would take to make a truely open world.
Mining, Gathering and Crafting:
- People love to gather and craft, it takes them a lot of time, gives them something to work toward and keeps them coming back. I’d like to vote you allow us to do it.
Another aspect I would love to see is a personal base for players.
- Each person’s base could be another instance, attackable, defendable, upgradeable, and persistent. This would give players one more reason to play and continue to play, and spend money. Allowing us to collect things to showcase at our base, maybe even give us minor buffs for having these things. Another thing we could have would be the ability to manage the base, and it’s defenses, and have to actually defend it against pve or even pvp (in the case of guilds)