Insignias for less recognized nations!

Been looking through list of insignias I can apply on my ship and catched my eye on the Abkhazia’s insignia, then I thought to myself: “Hmm… for some reason other games allow nation customization only for fully recognized states”. But not this game, you’re brave and unique, bet fellow Abkhazians (and pretty much everyone else who has liked the design) were very surprised seeing it in game. However it feels pretty lonely there amongst fully recognized states, so my suggestion would be that number of insignias available as options for customization would be increased by creating insignias for states which are partly or not at all recognized, but  shows signs of independent government, atleast partially or fully offers public services and shows signs that they’re here in the world and ain’t going anywhere for a long while.

So I would like insignias created for these partly or not at all recognized states:

Palestine

Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic

Somaliland

Northern Cyprus

Kosovo

Dontesk People’s Republic

Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan ( Taliban and allied militants )

Kurdistan

Syrian Opposition

Hadhramaut Emirate ( Ansar al-Sharia, Yemen )

Islamic State ( Daesh )

I fully understand that some of you may dislike one or several of these, however I believe they would be more popular amongst community than conventional flags of fully recognized states, thus resulting in an increase of income for the developers.

Edit:

Decided to add in, not very relevant and not actually holding actual land territory nation of

Sealand

“nations”…

There are also insignias for NATO, the UN, and Africa.  They are not really nations.

Some of the suggestions are a little extreme, and don’t deserve a place in this game.

Some of the suggestions are a little extreme, and don’t deserve a place in this game.

Could you be more concrete which? I would also like to know why you consider some to be more worthy of place in game than others? As I said I fully understand in some nations these would be highly frowned upon, however I am looking at a broader range of playerbase. If we were to exclude the countries without any international recognition, then we are left with 4 (Palestine, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Northern Cyprus and Kosovo) I’m perfectly fine with having just those 4 having their own insignias.

As soon as there is a decent amount of request, we will think about adding insignias/flags for the according nation.

The issue about Abjasia is that Russia already recognized it as a country, and this game is russian. But all those states you said there are not recognized by Russia.

And some of them are even recognized as terrorist states, so it will be unlikely they will be introduced in to the game.

You can take Northern Cyprus as RECOGNIZED since:

THE LAWS OF NORTHERN CYPRUS ARE ACCEPTED IN EUROPE:

(Northern Cyprus :=: Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus)

Not only the “TRNC Immovable Property Commission (and its related laws)” but also “ALL THE LAWS OF TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS” WAS ACCEPTED ON BEHALF OF EUROPE (European Court of Human Rights; ECtHR). 

ECtHR Decision 02.07.2013, App. nos. 9130/09 and 9143/09; Pavlides v. Turkey; Georgakis v. Turkey

http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/sites/eng/Pages/search.aspx#{“fulltext”:[“Pavlides”],“documentcollectionid2”:[“CASELAW”],“itemid”:[“001-122907”]}

ECtHR: “…notwithstanding the lack of international recognition of the regime in the northern area, a de facto recognition of its acts may be rendered necessary for practical purposes. Thus, THE ADOPTION BY THE AUTHORITIES OF THE “TRNC” OF CIVIL, ADMINISTRATIVE OR CRIMINAL LAW MEASURES, AND THEIR APPLICATION OR ENFORCEMENT WITHIN THAT TERRITORY, may be regarded as having a legal basis in domestic law for the purposes of the Convention”.

Note: In the related ECtHR’s decision above, the case application of the Greek Cypriot was IMMEDIATELY REJECTED; i.e., his application was found INADMISSABLE. 

That is to say, he was expelled by ECtHR just at the beginning; therefore, his case was not handled (no sessions were held) by ECtHR at all.

Could you be more concrete which? I would also like to know why you consider some to be more worthy of place in game than others? As I said I fully understand in some nations these would be highly frowned upon, however I am looking at a broader range of playerbase. If we were to exclude the countries without any international recognition, then we are left with 4 (Palestine, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Northern Cyprus and Kosovo) I’m perfectly fine with having just those 4 having their own insignias.

Islamic State for one, it’s not even a country, just a bunch of terrorists.

I also think Sealand’s insignia would be very popular amongst community, so added it to the list.

As for @PrivateBrowsing:

Just a bunch of terrorists? May be for some. depends on how you look at it, most of states I suggested are considered atleast partly terrorist by atleast 1 other state, however Islamic State got a working government, during conflict still manages to offer public services to some extent, ain’t gonna dissapear from the map as quickly as some would wish also some analytics argue there is for example more freedom for women than in Saudi Arabia. But as I said I’m perfectly fine with only making insignias only for countries recognized by atleast 1 other member.

I also think Sealand’s insignia would be very popular amongst community, so added it to the list.

As for @PrivateBrowsing:

Just a bunch of terrorists? May be for some. depends on how you look at it, most of states I suggested are considered atleast partly terrorist by atleast 1 other state, however Islamic State got a working government, during conflict still manages to offer public services to some extent, ain’t gonna dissapear from the map as quickly as some would wish also some analytics argue there is for example more freedom for women than in Saudi Arabia. But as I said I’m perfectly fine with only making insignias only for countries recognized by atleast 1 other member.

So you support Islamic State then?

So you support Islamic State then?

Don’t forget it is not allowed to discuss politics on this forum.  Suggesting new logos is one thing, discussing whether states are legitimate is another.

Don’t forget it is not allowed to discuss politics on this forum.  Suggesting new logos is one thing, discussing whether states are legitimate is another.

This.

Closed.