INN from 18.07.

Breaking News

At the parade, organized in honor of the Emperor’s birthday, an elite squadron presented a demonstration flight of the latest development of Imperial ships. The ship made a training demonstration flight on the training ground, and despite the fact that the interceptor guns have fallen off, and gunship flew without 1 engine, they have shown excellent results even in this state. As StarGeneral Beastenberg announced, these ships are still in testing, but the Empire has already ordered several thousand copies of each sample.
The next day, in response to the Empire demonstration flights, Jericho families gathered conference with representatives of the galactic press and presented them their new products. Despite the existence of these ships in only 1 copy, all of Jericho shipyard received an order for their immediate production. Families claim that their ships are not worse then imperial, and they even will be delivered to the Center of mercenaries at a lower price, although only the most proven and dedicated Jericho mercenaries will be allowed to fly on it.
Federation stated that they have made the next generation ships a long time ago, but for reasons of high maintaince price and the risk of declassifying military secrets, they haven’t started their mass production.
The principal

II. Joint Research Centre said that over the last few months they have developed new types of guns and modified the old ones. Good results have been achieved in a number of ways. However, for reasons of different orientations, different problems and different methods of manufacture of these tools, guns can be put only on the pre-determined paces. Some ships do not have the needed gun nests, other have no relevant generators or free space for ammunition. Scientists also thought about universal devices that are suitable for installation on all ships of a specific weight class. Scientists claim that they are as good as the special guns, but pilots believe that the extra versatile system (additional generators, nests, etc.) can affect their quality.

So, what was presented to the press:

1. Joint development of Avangard and Technolists. Its advantage is the high rate of fire and damage done by a single projectile, but such was achieved by removing the stabilizing guide magnets.
  2. Varden development of Department of the Imperial Corps laboratory. Its advantage - high speed rotating towers and powerful illuminating beam capable of prolonged exposure to burn shields and destroy the enemy ship armor. However, the standard crystal-armor because of its structure can temporarily absorb part of the phase of radiation.
  3. Joint development of Jericho and the Federation. Slow but powerful charge coming through enemy ships and destroying the integrity of their structure
  4. Created by Technologists, designed by the Empire and with the financial support of Raid - gun with suppressing effect (this is a working title, the main military has not yet been invented). It is able to shoot powerful missiles having an explosive effect on a very large distance, but its size and storage volume requirements under the ammunition does not allow you to set the unit on light ships.
  5. Joint development of the Legion and Tech’s based on federal emitter drones. What makes this system unique is its mobile changer of overheated barrels.
  6. Also presented were new missile pylons and the mechanism of rapid recharge from a local warehouse. It allowed greatly increase the ammo of all missiles and their analogues. In addition, each group will depart on a mission dedicated freighter with an automatic system with constant drone of disguise. For the safety of himself freighter will stay out of combat zones, but it will produce drone with the necessary ammunition. Drone will find himself the goal automatically dock with the ship and replenish his ammunition.

In other news

III. At the conclusion of the parade, at a military conference in OOF General Beastenberg said that due to the continued rampant piracy, there was a joint decision on the limitation of unit sales of missiles. Now the pilots will be issued only with license to own and replenish ammo packs, and not the “expendable device.” The new system does not provide logistics unit sales, and fits perfectly into the framework of the law. Due to the feature of the structure of the entire system, to avoid dangerous situations while landing, ammunition fired off into space and destroys itself.

IV. Continuing the pirate theme. Forces of antipirate committee are coming to an end, but the pirates still continue its detrimental effects on society. Committee has decided to attract additional forces for stripping pirate bases. OOF has additionally allocated several billion loans for the implementation of the plan.

V. Recently piloting skills ships new pilots coming to the Centre, has been steadily deteriorating. In connection with this ETSN passed a law on mandatory summer practice. From now on, all pilots, regardless of rank and title, to obtain a license and access to more advanced modifications will be required to demonstrate skills with previous ship. A special device will measure the skill of piloting and when achieving certain successes it will give the signal of permission to purchase a license for a more advanced model.
The same was revised access plan and specific licenses required for further progress. Will this plane be realized – we don’t know yet. It is still not agreed all the details and signed the necessary documents.

VI. A few days ago, a group of drunken federates began to molest the Jericho women’s team of mechanics. As a result of the ensuing fight, almost all federates were sent to the hospital with all kinds of fractures. Federated Community mercenaries accused Jericho bad behavior, saying that their pilots were misunderstood and beaten for no reason, and demanded an apology. The girls refused to go at night with them in the movie, so are to blame for what happened, and they will make excuses to no one l.

Because of this conflict and even a number of such incidents between the factions ETSN rented a number of landing sites, which are located in the metropolitan sub-sectors of the factions involved in the military conflict in the WX Sector. Now, any mercenary can be repaired, refueled, sign contracts on a mission and find friends among those who are closest to him in faith and spirit.

While these hangars are closed, but we managed to get a picture of one of them. And although it is a photograph of the guide and its quality leaves much to be desired, can be estimated that expects pilots.

7b5643740dab.jpg

VII. The introduction of a system of individual differences was not as smooth as it should. Some pilots did not have access to a range of standard visual images, and some asked to re-pay access, although previously stated that access to them is free. Leaders United Center to work with the mercenaries promised to fix it, according to their assurance after the next regular preventive maintenance systems, everything returns to normal.

From now on, all pilots, regardless of rank and title, to obtain a license and access to more advanced modifications will be required to demonstrate skills with previous ship. A special device will measure the skill of piloting and when achieving certain successes it will give the signal of permission to purchase a license for a more advanced model.

Please don’t tell me they are going to start requiring full synergy on a ship before you can buy the next one. Forcing players to grind through ships they don’t want to fly so they can purchase ships they do want is cruel and pointless. It also speaks volumes of the failure of the current ship tree.

If a player has saved up enough money to buy two ships and they want to skip over one, they should have that option. Increasing the grind of the game is a poor way to make up for a lack of end-game content.

Increasing the tedium of progressing through the ship tree will not encourage players to pay. It will encourage them to leave.

Please don’t tell me they are going to start requiring full synergy on a ship before you can buy the next one. Forcing players to grind through ships they don’t want to fly so they can purchase ships they do want is cruel and pointless. It also speaks volumes of the failure of the current ship tree.

If a player has saved up enough money to buy two ships and they want to skip over one, they should have that option. Increasing the grind of the game is a poor way to make up for a lack of end-game content.

Increasing the tedium of progressing through the ship tree will not encourage players to pay. It will encourage them to leave.

Indeed, I’m planning to buy Cerberus 2 because I saw how good engi is and I don’t have even the first T2 Empire frigate. And I refuste to play in T2 again and synergize every damn ship to get the one I want, damnit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnE8RitIN4s

Trust your heart and rely on your feelings =)

Trust your heart and rely on your feelings =)

Will do Jaime Lannister :wink:

I will see what the next patch brings, and if it is as bad as I fear, I will be gone once more.

For the sake of getting some answers on this from a GM who knows what is coming, this is what I expect: 

Black = my expectation

Blue = my feedback if it is truely so

Breaking News

At the parade, organized in honor of the Emperor’s birthday, an elite squadron presented a demonstration flight of the latest development of Imperial ships. The ship made a training demonstration flight on the training ground, and despite the fact that the interceptor guns have fallen off, and gunship flew without 1 engine, they have shown excellent results even in this state. As StarGeneral Beastenberg announced, these ships are still in testing, but the Empire has already ordered several thousand copies of each sample.
The next day, in response to the Empire demonstration flights, Jericho families gathered conference with representatives of the galactic press and presented them their new products. Despite the existence of these ships in only 1 copy, all of Jericho shipyard received an order for their immediate production. Families claim that their ships are not worse then imperial, and they even will be delivered to the Center of mercenaries at a lower price, although only the most proven and dedicated Jericho mercenaries will be allowed to fly on it.
Federation stated that they have made the next generation ships a long time ago, but for reasons of high maintaince price and the risk of declassifying military secrets, they haven’t started their mass production.
The principal

II. Joint Research Centre said that over the last few months they have developed new types of guns and modified the old ones. Good results have been achieved in a number of ways. However, for reasons of different orientations, different problems and different methods of manufacture of these tools, guns can be put only on the pre-determined paces. Some ships do not have the needed gun nests, other have no relevant generators or free space for ammunition. Scientists also thought about universal devices that are suitable for installation on all ships of a specific weight class. Scientists claim that they are as good as the special guns, but pilots believe that the extra versatile system (additional generators, nests, etc.) can affect their quality.

Weapons will be changed so you can only put certain ones on each ship class(Interceptor, fighter, frigate) and thus ruin diversity and free will even more.

I sure hope not, it will only make ships even more predictable and boring.

So, what was presented to the press:

1. Joint development of Avangard and Technolists. Its advantage is the high rate of fire and damage done by a single projectile, but such was achieved by removing the stabilizing guide magnets.
  2. Varden development of Department of the Imperial Corps laboratory. Its advantage - high speed rotating towers and powerful illuminating beam capable of prolonged exposure to burn shields and destroy the enemy ship armor. However, the standard crystal-armor because of its structure can temporarily absorb part of the phase of radiation.
  3. Joint development of Jericho and the Federation. Slow but powerful charge coming through enemy ships and destroying the integrity of their structure
  4. Created by Technologists, designed by the Empire and with the financial support of Raid - gun with suppressing effect (this is a working title, the main military has not yet been invented). It is able to shoot powerful missiles having an explosive effect on a very large distance, but its size and storage volume requirements under the ammunition does not allow you to set the unit on light ships.
  5. Joint development of the Legion and Tech’s based on federal emitter drones. What makes this system unique is its mobile changer of overheated barrels.
  6. Also presented were new missile pylons and the mechanism of rapid recharge from a local warehouse. It allowed greatly increase the ammo of all missiles and their analogues. In addition, each group will depart on a mission dedicated freighter with an automatic system with constant drone of disguise. For the safety of himself freighter will stay out of combat zones, but it will produce drone with the necessary ammunition. Drone will find himself the goal automatically dock with the ship and replenish his ammunition.
  1. A new (railgun) weapon, or changed weapon, for upclose possibly. 

2. A new laser weapon that does a lot of shield damage but small armor damage.

3. A weapon that ignores shields and penetrates to hit behind the target as well?

4. A new weapon that fires missiles with an explosive radius(Probaly 500-1000m I think) and can not be fitted on inty’s.(Fighters have a 50/50 chance with the given information)

5. Some kind of drone that helps against overheating, or when you overheat it does something to remove it or reduce it.

6. You will be able to replenish missiles in battle with a certain kind of drone. I sure hope not, it has always been said missiles were balanced to not be unlimited in battle. This ruins what you said yourself!

The rest is uncertain and I will have to see ingame before I can give feedback.

In other news

III. At the conclusion of the parade, at a military conference in OOF General Beastenberg said that due to the continued rampant piracy, there was a joint decision on the limitation of unit sales of missiles. Now the pilots will be issued only with license to own and replenish ammo packs, and not the “expendable device.” The new system does not provide logistics unit sales, and fits perfectly into the framework of the law. Due to the feature of the structure of the entire system, to avoid dangerous situations while landing, ammunition fired off into space and destroys itself.

We will now buy licenses for missiles instead of having to replenish them each time. Removing the continuous money sink of missile replenishment.

As long as the prices are not insanely crazy for the licenses, I can see the good of it.

IV. Continuing the pirate theme. Forces of antipirate committee are coming to an end, but the pirates still continue its detrimental effects on society. Committee has decided to attract additional forces for stripping pirate bases. OOF has additionally allocated several billion loans for the implementation of the plan.

Possibly reduction in DLC price or removal of the DLC?

Don’t know what to expect, so can’t give feedback.

V. Recently piloting skills ships new pilots coming to the Centre, has been steadily deteriorating. In connection with this ETSN passed a law on mandatory summer practice. From now on, all pilots, regardless of rank and title, to obtain a license and access to more advanced modifications will be required to demonstrate skills with previous ship. A special device will measure the skill of piloting and when achieving certain successes it will give the signal of permission to purchase a license for a more advanced model.
The same was revised access plan and specific licenses required for further progress. Will this plane be realized – we don’t know yet. It is still not agreed all the details and signed the necessary documents.

We will require to do 1 of 2 things:

Get synergy to a certain level

or

Do something specific with our ship demonstrating our “skill” with the vessel

It is not certain yet if it will happen, but it is being discussed.

This is a bad idea, since the ship tree should get fixed if you even dare think of this! The ship tree is a mess and already makes us grind to hell and back to get to the end of the line of ship we want, and you want to INCREASE that grind?! Way to push away people!

VI. A few days ago, a group of drunken federates began to molest the Jericho women’s team of mechanics. As a result of the ensuing fight, almost all federates were sent to the hospital with all kinds of fractures. Federated Community mercenaries accused Jericho bad behavior, saying that their pilots were misunderstood and beaten for no reason, and demanded an apology. The girls refused to go at night with them in the movie, so are to blame for what happened, and they will make excuses to no one 

Because of this conflict and even a number of such incidents between the factions ETSN rented a number of landing sites, which are located in the metropolitan sub-sectors of the factions involved in the military conflict in the WX Sector. Now, any mercenary can be repaired, refueled, sign contracts on a mission and find friends among those who are closest to him in faith and spirit.

While these hangars are closed, but we managed to get a picture of one of them. And although it is a photograph of the guide and its quality leaves much to be desired, can be estimated that expects pilots.

7b5643740dab.jpg

Either jericho pirate ships or T5 I think.

Not really sure what to expect, no feedback possible.

VII. The introduction of a system of individual differences was not as smooth as it should. Some pilots did not have access to a range of standard visual images, and some asked to re-pay access, although previously stated that access to them is free. Leaders United Center to work with the mercenaries promised to fix it, according to their assurance after the next regular preventive maintenance systems, everything returns to normal.

They are fixing stickers that were free at first for us, and now we must pay for them.

My guess is DLC stickers that, once their “free” period ran out, required you to start paying for em again.

Funnily enough I had expected that to happen and thus haven’t used my stickers yet since you removed them.

bug fixes are always good, but just bring back permanency dammit!

Seriously, Gaijin, if you are planning to force people to get max synergy in ships before getting the next one… you can just xxxx off. That will kill this game dead - Rank 4 is crap and isn’t worth flying. Rank 7 is crap and isn’t worth flying. Rank 10 is crap and isn’t worth flying. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to be flying entry-level ships!

And then there’s the mid-tier ships… which more often than not change roles. If I’m an Engineer and I desperately want a Hydra 2, I am going to be pissed off at having to buy three Long Range frigates to get it. Now imagine how pissed off I’ll be if I have to get max synergy in those ships. Frankly, I see people just up and quitting if they have to do that. Hell, if I suddenly lose the ability to fly my Rank 9 ships because I didn’t max out any of the Rank 7 or 8 ships (half of which I didn’t want to fly anyway) I will be done with Tier 3 forever.

Right now, I don’t have any faith that this is going to be anything but a total xxxx-up.

YOu need yo look at it in complex and seek deeper

This is a bad idea, since the ship tree should get fixed if you even dare think of this! The ship tree is a mess and already makes us grind to hell and back to get to the end of the line of ship we want, and you want to INCREASE that grind?! Way to push away people

YOu need yo look at it in complex and seek deeper

Your broken English doesn’t help one bit deciphering it really…

I can’t make anything out of the text…Too broken to get much out of it.

really, what is

Recently piloting skills ships new pilots coming to the Centre,

even supposed to mean? 

Learn2Grammar >.<

Yeah… cryptic information is worthless if it’s cryptic due to being flat-out illegible or wrong. The fact you mention “Varden”, “Technologists” and “Avangard” - none of which actually exist in the English version of the game (you likely mean “Wardens”, “Techs” and “Vanguard”) is but one example of what we mean.

Really… this is more bad design on Gaijin’s part. People are concerned crap updates are coming, and the cryptic misinformation reinforces that notion. We don’t need these vague in-universe announcements with no followup or confirmation; we need cold, hard fact.

Yeah… cryptic information is worthless if it’s cryptic due to being flat-out illegible or wrong. The fact you mention “Varden”, “Technologists” and “Avangard” - none of which actually exist in the English version of the game (you likely mean “Wardens”, “Techs” and “Vanguard”) is but one example of what we mean.

Really… this is more bad design on Gaijin’s part. People are concerned crap updates are coming, and the cryptic misinformation reinforces that notion. We don’t need these vague in-universe announcements with no followup or confirmation; we need cold, hard fact.

Thanks for clerification on the sub-factions part! I hadn’t given it any thought but was wondering WHO THE HELL ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE?!(well…sub-factions…but you know what I mean)

And I somewhat agree on the cold hard facts, though I have gotten a liking to this…I like stories :wink:

But in the actual patch notes I’d like actual numbers, no lame -reduced by 60%- but ACTUAL NUMBERS. we can’t do much with  %, we want the numbers! Yes, it will cost you more time, but complete and correct patchnotes are important for correct feedback.

Not to mention stealth-changes are bad mmmmmk

-I went slight off-topic, and slightly over thel line, sorry about that, but i fixed the over the line part mostly-

Just some constructive feedback - I personally find it quite hard to read this. Some sort of formatting/styling and perhaps some icons to break up the sections might be quite useful.

A lot of work was put into the content so it would be a shame if a fair few people end up not reading it due to the ‘wall of text’ effect.

Thats all i can give you for now, had no time for editing translation good, just cosmetic changes.

You get patchnotes only at patch day, thats devs position. Mb in future we will make video patch previews.

But, if you dont want such kind of information, i will not further translate INN .

No offence to you, Kopets, but Gaijin needs to give your job to a native English speaker; someone who can accurately convey information indirectly without misleading people down paths that may well harm their perception of the game. What you’ve posted paints the upcoming patch in a very bad light, and the game doesn’t need that right now.

Let me just give you an example of what Gaijin should be doing. I’m going to go ahead and take three possible scenarios that this vagueness could be hinting at.

Tier 5 ships being released (will require Artifacts to buy).

Pirate ships becoming available for Gold Standards.

Ships now require 3 ranks of Synergy before you can buy the next one.

And here’s a potential INN post:

With the battles in Sector 1337 heating up, and more and more Precursor artifacts are being discovered. R&D labs from the Empire, Federation and Jericho have worked tirelessly to discover the secrets of these artifacts, and whilst no official statement has yet been made as to the progress of any of these factions, keen-eyed pilots have already seen potential results. A handful of fabrication centres have already begun producing never-before-seen vessels with capabilities above and beyond anything known to the public. INN reporters have noticed that the production facilities all seem to have close ties to agencies or Corporations with large stockpiles of Precursor technology…

In other news, pirate activity continues to plague the sector despite the best efforts of the Empire and Federation. Rumours persist that the two largest pirate cells are being funded by these governments. Furthering this belief, the Imperial 4th Armada recently issued several hundred “Letters of Marque”, effectively making pirates official parts of the Warden Order and giving their actions a semblance of legitimacy. Exactly how one acquires a Letter of Marque from the Wardens, or the equivalent documentation from the Vanguard is still unclear, but we suspect it involves placing a lot of gold coinage into the palms of the right individuals.

Finally, after a series of clashes involving woefully inexperienced mercenaries being wiped out by smaller, but properly coordinated squadrons, the United Mercenary Collective has decreed that stricter regulations must be put in place. “Too many pilots have been speeding through our verification process by throwing money around,” a senior UMC representative told INN reporters. “We are deeply sorry about this, and from now on we intend to set things right. From now on, we require all pilots to obtain a Class Three Permit to prove they are fully trained in the use of their ships. These permits will expand upon the old S-series, M-series and L-series handling permits.”

Pilots are urged to get their paperwork in order ahead of time, though rumour has it the black market may offer a way for pilots to circumvent this process. Not that INN would ever condone such behaviour, of course.

You see how each of the bolded points is in there? There’s still room to misinterpret, but there’s also a lot more to provide clarity. There’s no misinformation there; “never-before-seen ships” and “Precursor tech” appear only in the first paragraph, and only together. Clear link, which players can use to work out “Artifacts may tie in with these new ships.”

The point of INN should be to get people excited about new changes, not fill them with dread their game is about to be ruined. Again.

So…does that mean i have to buy ALL the ships?

So…does that mean i have to buy ALL the ships?

We’ve made arrangements with the shipyard to hide a sweet roll in the cockpit of every ship you purchase.

Dont even think of taking my ships away! 

Many Players were seriously disgusted what happened at 0.8.0

This is it. Grab you Wife, Grab yo ships, grab yo sweet rolls, cause the end is NIGH!

In all seriousness, a sweet roll dice under the rear view mirror is a great idea…