Increase wormhole speed greatly

The wormhole projector is one of the best things to use, though it is a bit cumbersome in some aspects. I suggest that the projectile be sped up by at least 50% and be activated at any interval by pressing the module icon again after firing.

I thinks its made that way to be sure “Destros” not to move around too fast.

They will still move at the same average speed, it will just make the module easier to use.

I think the speed is fine. It’s the range that needs an increase…

I think the speed is fine. It’s the range that needs an increase…

+5000

im fine with both speed and range. Requires planning and acting with anticipation. Even with its slow sphere and mid range i find this module to be very helpfull (its some sort of RT with different penalties). I could agree with some speed boost, but not more than 30%

Yeah. That’d be fine.

Up on this :

What do you think about making the speed of the projectile equals to 3.5 times the destroyer’s current max speed (so for a max speed of 136, it’s 476 m/s)

And then make that the projectile fly for a limited duration, and not a limited distance. So, for an equivalent distance, it would be 10 seconds.

What’s the difference ? Speed item and speed buffs (like the special module) now increase the projectile speed accordingly, and indirectly the maximum distance too. 

So, you want to escape faster -> Switch to speed mode before using your wormhole projector, and it’ll fly much faster. 

No

2 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

No

Arguments ?

12 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Up on this :

What do you think about making the speed of the projectile equals to 3.5 times the destroyer’s current max speed (so for a max speed of 136, it’s 476 m/s)

And then make that the projectile fly for a limited duration, and not a limited distance. So, for an equivalent distance, it would be 10 seconds.

What’s the difference ? Speed item and speed buffs (like the special module) now increase the projectile speed accordingly, and indirectly the maximum distance too. 

So, you want to escape faster -> Switch to speed mode before using your wormhole projector, and it’ll fly much faster. 

Yes.

Also there’s no point in asking for Kosty’s input on something. Unless he is speaking about patchnotes, it is going to be utterly pointless and generally extremely negative.

So you will literally nerf this?

You know that this thing fly with ~600m/s at least?

45 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

So you will literally nerf every destroyer and especially every weapon of them?

Have you any clue how this will extrem nerf their range, their projectile speed and therefore making them next to worthless bricks?

My suggestion ?

How is that a nerf ? The projectile is slower only if you don’t use the speed buff. Without the speed buff you have a 474 or 574 m/s wormhole with 4.7k range or 5.7k range (depending on if you are empire/jericho or fed). Yeah it’s slower compared to the 700 m/s but you have the same range. 

BUT if you use the 45% speed buff, it now have 689 m/s with  6.8k range or 829 m/s with 8.2k range. So here is your 700 m/s, and you have a bigger range. 

You want to move fast ? Use speed buff. You loose nothing and have a bigger range.

You want to move while doing some pew pew or regenerating ? Same range, but a bit slower speed. 

It’ll make players use the speed buff more or experiment different builds, without changing much for the current destroyers.

Neither a nerf nor a buff. It’s different, with more possibilities. If you use it skillfully, it’s more powerful, but it also  comes with a counter (slows). 

It have pros and cons. But the funnier with it is probably the full speed build (A recon destroyer :D)

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Also there’s no point in asking for Kosty’s input on something. Unless he is speaking about patchnotes, it is going to be utterly pointless and generally extremely negative.

At Least I am useful some times, unlike you 

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Arguments ?

Isn’t obvious?

Range could get increased by 2500 meters (50%), but speed itself is fine.

A) You nerf the base range. Because currently it’s ~7s fly time of the projectile. Your suggestion extend it to 10s+. One or less a nerf either in range or time needed.
B) You make it unpredictable. You think the enemy destroyer is with 6km enough away to leave you with some distance to you. Eh no not with your suggestion.
C) You make it ‘mandatory’ to use the speed. Either to jump far greater or reduce the time needed to jump.
D) You create unbalance between the factions(at least between fed and the other two).
While it’s nice to have some advantage as fed destro, such an impact is a bit weird.

Wait, what? Some of you people want to increase range of the wormhole?

I say reduce its range to 2 km, so that it can only be used to dodge away from a bad spot.

It’s a positioning module. They already get to use it to escape with no malus except the time it takes to travel.

I’d make it faster, but once teleport is activated, it takes 2s to “transition” where there is a malus eg double damage taken or comes to a stop. Or all shields and drones are removed. There will be a prominent effect that looks like current one but lasts longer. A holoship version will appear with effect where the Destroyer will appear next. Goes away once destroyer is teleported, maybe with a halo launcher like flash.

This way you can tell where the Destroyer will go easier. Plus it looks cool :slight_smile:

Current module are parameters are fine no need to do anything, except for increase turret turn speed maybe? Otherwise it’s fine really, and having constant speed makes it easier to know when to activate the module again so as to move as per your requirement