Increase Beryllium drop-rate

I hear legends of people who found beryllium in open space…

But it seems that they were just that; legends.

So. Beryllium is a thing. I have gotten one ore. I’ve been grinding in OS since the patch was pushed. Why. I’ve gotten well over 70-80 mysterious containers today. None have had beryllium nor SP ship parts. Why must the devs lie. Why.

What about ‘valuable mineral’? I think those should be luckier, though only with normal berry ore.

EDIT: i didn’t get one, just wondering

ive dropped about 13 beryllium (not enriched)…in many hours, doing somewhat efficient farming. Muscle is better at this, but he is still in great pain farming those remaining minerals. Im sick of farming, but if this is necessary to prevent players from spamming DDs in PVP, i support it. After all its our choice to kill ourselves farming just to get the goodies faster than anyone…im pretty sure its meant to take for the less 2 weeks to get 1 internal for T4 DD.

Still. After all the effort I’ve put in to these things and their missions, I have little to show for it aside from a sizeable stack of Monocrystals. Even after crafting new modules to perfectly craft the Sybil, I have over 110 left. Xp

I love the new broker tasks. They are the single best thing when compared to the stupid OS missions.

I found three beryllium ore thus far, all from Valuable Minerals. Compared to time spent searching for them, the drop rate seems about in line with that of neodium, maybe a little less (found two neo plates and three neo ore in the same time span).

It’s just luck of the draw, made worse by the fact that we don’t know the % appearance rate of the material.

based on my time spent: impure neodium drops 3 times more than beryllium from valuable minerals. Neodium plates seem to drop more or less 20 times more than enriched beryllium from mysterious containers at R10 sectors.

Pirates, Cybers, and Cartel AI can all drop enriched beryllium. Drop rate is horribly low but I would rather get synergy and a chance to get the full part. I’ve only obtained 1 from a rank 10 sector but they are in the loot table. They also have a small chance to drop Neodium plate.

Incase you didn’t know, those 3 AI types are essentially the same. Only difference is the loyalty drops are for the faction space you are in. So basically getting into a ship that can wipe out those AI types might be more beneficial than collecting minerals in a tackler.

Farming cargo ships with an R8 destroyer is how I got all of my Beryllium for my Sibyl. They drop it at a better rate than any other source.

Farming cargo ships with an R8 destroyer is how I got all of my Beryllium for my Sibyl. They drop it at a better rate than any other source.

Do they drop the mineral or the actual part? Pirates and the others listed drop the actual part which is equivalent to 3 of the minerals.

Do they drop the mineral or the actual part? Pirates and the others listed drop the actual part which is equivalent to 3 of the minerals.

Cargo ships drop the ore, not the “plate” version. I tried this, but i think drop rate from minerals is higher. Also, a recon goes better than a tackler for looting :slight_smile:

looks like the drop rate is consistent across all sources - transports, smugglers and minerals. And as cargo ships and smugglers can be killed slower than picking up minerals… 

Also - my 10 spaces Rockwell disagrees :stuck_out_tongue: