"Incoming damage and effects" should be on by default.

The option “Incoming damage and effects” on the hud should be ticked by default.

Having to eyeball what kind of damage you are taking from behind by your shield fizzing blue, yellow or red is not fast enough. This is especially helpful for guards, where you constantly have to change phase shields.

Also, if this has been patched in already since I joined the game in october, tell me.

YAS. This would help newbies so much!!

You will get the same answer that we got on the thread suggesting that “full ship information” should be on by default: We do not want to overload newbies with information that they really don’t need in t1.

I agree it would help them when they get to higher tiers, but if they are really motivated enough to be interested in this information, then they will go through the settings themselves and see what is important.

I have another suggestion though: make both of these settings activate by default as soon as a pilot reaches t3, along with a pop-up description of the changes and why they are useful.  This would help a lot of people be effective in t3+, while not overload with info those who are new in the game

I have another suggestion though: make both of these settings activate by default as soon as a pilot reaches t3

Agreed.

this have already been suggested multiple times but the Devs declined - sorry