In Southwest China's

Philippine police commandos killed six bodyguards on Wednesday who worked for a town mayor who had turned himself in over links to the illegal drug trade Allen Robinson II Jersey , as President Rodrigo Duterte’s anti-drug war shifted from street peddlers to officials.

Close to 400 people have been killed in police operations against illegal drugs since Duterte was sworn in as president on June 30. Media and rights groups have put the figure almost twice as high at 770, including more than 200 killed by vigilante groups.

The number of drug-related killings has alarmed human rights groups, who have called on the United Nations to condemn the rise in extrajudicial killings in the Philippines. The Philippine Senate is to hold a legislative inquiry.

National police spokesman Dionardo Carlos told reporters there had been a gunbattle between the police and bodyguards working for Rolando Espinosa after police went to search Espinosa’s home on Leyte island in the central Philippines earlier on Wednesday.

Espinosa, mayor of Albuera town, turned himself in to the national police chief on Tuesday after Duterte asked him and his son Eddie Jackson Jersey , Kerwin, to surrender over their involvement in the drug trade, warning they would be killed if they resisted arrest.

Espinosa has publicly denied any part in the drug trade but said his son was peddling “shabu” (methamphetamine), which he gets from a jailed Chinese drug trader.

“The incident this morning was related to the investigation on alleged drug trade by the mayor and his son,” Carlos said.

He said six men were killed and six others escaped.

“We have recovered 13 high-powered firearms and five pistols from the scene Tarik Cohen Jersey ,” he said. Charges would be laid against the mayor for keeping unlicensed guns, Carlos said.

The raid signaled a shift in Duterte’s drug war from running after street-level peddlers and users to powerful regional politicians and foreign drug traffickers.

Duterte has promised to name dozens of governors, mayors and other politicians he says are involved in the drug trade after identifying three police generals and two former police generals who were protecting drug traffickers.

Police said charges had been filed against another mayor from the southern island of Mindanao after he escaped from a police raid last week, when 16 people were arrested 1 million pesos ($21,263) worth of drugs were seized.

Chen Ze’en Adam Shaheen Jersey , 26, keeps bees in a small village in Northwest China’s Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region for around a year. Photo: Xinhua

The career that Chen Ze’en, 26, had chosen to pursue not only changed his own life but also those residents of a remote village in one of the poorest parts of China.

Chen has been keeping bees in a small village in Northwest China’s Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region for around a year.

This summer, the size of his swarm has increased to about 200 hives. He expects to harvest two tons of honey and sell it for 300 Mitchell Trubisky Jersey ,000 yuan ($45,000).

The village is home to a local species of bee that produces sweet, pure honey. But without proper technology and investment, the business was barely viable. Chen brought new beekeeping techniques and a modern business model to the area that villagers found “a bit strange but smart.”

“The village has a very good natural environment, free of any industrial pollution. I am trying to highlight the clean and organic nature of our product Anthony Miller Jersey ,” Chen said. He is now registering a company and brand name.

“I am also thinking of developing new honey products, for instance, honey wine,” he said.

Chen’s apiary has inspired villagers and he does not hesitate to share his knowledge. About 100 people now profit from the beekeeping business.

Having set the goal of raising the annual incomes of about 55 million of the country’s poorest people to over 2,800 yuan by 2020 James Daniels Jersey , China values young people like Chen and has high expectations for what they can bring to remote villages.

For around a decade, college graduates have been hired to work as village officials on a large scale. These young officials are now a force to mobilize rural people themselves in the fight against poverty.

In Southwest China’s Sichuan Province, a government program supports young officials’ startup projects, including growing local specialties and selling farm produce online.

South China’s Guangdong Province has focused on encouraging young people to stay at home. Agricultural technicians are invited to teach them the latest farming skills and financial assistance is given to new businesses.

Down to the countryside

A more traditional way for young people to help their less well-off fellow citizens is for college students to volunteer to teach in rural schools for a few years.

Li Xingjian attended Beijing’s Renmin University of China and taught at a rural middle school in Sichuan in 2014 when he was a graduate student.

Many of Li’s charges were “left-behind children,” living with relatives Roquan Smith Jersey , often their grandparents, while their parents work in cities. Among several hundred students, only a dozen or so went to institution each year and usually to small colleges with inadequate teaching resources.

“Compared with what I taught them, simply my being there was more helpful. I felt like a window through which they got a glimpse of an unknown outside world,” he said.

Li’s students found someone they could look up to. “One of my students wrote me an 18-page letter Chicago Bears Hats , telling me that I was the first person to praise him and give him a present in his 17 years of life. He said I gave him hope,” Li said.

Although these programs aim to help needy people in rural areas, those who offer help benefit as well. Many volunteers were inspired by their experiences when choosing their careers.

Since 2012, Renmin University has sent Polycystic. Wholesale Jerseys China   Cheap Jerseys Wholesale   Cheap Jerseys Wholesale   Cheap Jerseys Wholesale   Cheap Soccer Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys   Cheap Sports Jerseys   Wholesale NHL Jerseys   Cheap MLB Jerseys   Wholesale Sports Jerseys