In-Game Contests

I suggest having contests like the “Maniac” contest in-game under a new tab. To enter, one would simply be required to pay a certain amount of credits, then actively participate.

Those who do not enter cannot participate for rewards.

Rewards should be exclusive items, modules, weapons, and maybe even ships, along with standard rewards such as heaps of Galactic Standards.

These competitions should be for everyone T4 and up, as to give incentive for players to continue to rank up for higher rewards.

Don’t say you can’t do this or aren’t planning to, because it would be an outrageously simple addition to the game.

You also say that “everything is attainable without paying” so let’s make that statement true for legitimate players who have a life and can’t afford to spend all day every day (including Sundays for GS tournaments) playing the game.

I don’t remember the maniac contest, but If the idea is to give players with high rank ships something else to do apart from  annihilating the new players in lower levels it is welcomed. 

We need statistics for win/loss ratio to be split between tiers. 

Maniac comp was an RU one

I suggest having contests like the “Maniac” contest in-game under a new tab. To enter, one would simply be required to pay a certain amount of credits, then actively participate.

Those who do not enter cannot participate for rewards.

Rewards should be exclusive items, modules, weapons, and maybe even ships, along with standard rewards such as heaps of Galactic Standards.

These competitions should be for everyone T4 and up, as to give incentive for players to continue to rank up for higher rewards.

Don’t say you can’t do this or aren’t planning to, because it would be an outrageously simple addition to the game.

You also say that “everything is attainable without paying” so let’s make that statement true for legitimate players who have a life and can’t afford to spend all day every day (including Sundays for GS tournaments) playing the game.

I’ll aprecciate a little bit more detailed information about the contest itself.

Yeah, I don’t understand the suggestion

I’ll aprecciate a little bit more detailed information about the contest itself.

Contests*

The suggestion is not for a contest, but many contests for high-tier players.

These contests will be relatively like the Russian forum contest (Maniac) where they tried to get as many of those as possible. For a large GS reward.

I am suggesting hosting several different (possibly rotating?) contests for prizes like on the forums, just in the game instead. I can whip up some example contests if you wish, though.

Medal Hunter:

This contest will revolve around getting the most of a certain medal, wether it be Maniac, Killing-Spree medals, First Blood medals, or whatever.

Scavenger Hunt:

Contest where players must find certain items a certain amount of times to win. First to find all the items gets the prize.

It’s Not My Blood:

Contest where players try to destroy as many pilots as possible using the most convoluted and indirect ways possible, such as ramming, slamming them in to rocks, taking them out while their shields are still >50%, warp-rock-bowling©, etc.

I’m sure that your brilliant development team won’t have a very hard time thinking of new contests that are interesting and rewarding for high-tier players. ;3

And how about a run between stations? 

That would be cool too, but it would be difficult to gauge.

My first thought was you only have to gauge the time you leave the station and the time you dock the next station. The problem comes if some players help others players to win. 

I can see a scenario where a team of engineers squads with a recon to achieve the lowest possible time. Just line up warp-gates in every other sector so that they can use microwarp, then use warp gates to jump, then use microwarp again until they reach their destination.

I can see a scenario where a team of engineers squads with a recon to achieve the lowest possible time. Just line up warp-gates in every other sector so that they can use microwarp, then use warp gates to jump, then use microwarp again until they reach their destination.

The problem could be fixed my disallowing squads while participating in the competition.

I was worried about players giving fuel and killing aliens to help the “runners”. But i think teamplay is good. Who cares?.. the prize is only for 1 person. If someone has 3 o 4 friends to help him, it means that they are playing SC.

Other contest could be survive mode. After 2 minutes of leaving the station the player is marked as criminal until you die. Everybody can see you, and everybody who wants the prize is going to hunt you. Also you can be help by other players, but the prize is only for one player. Contestant can’t leave the sector.

I am trying hard to think a contest for PVP/PVE but i don’t want to go against the objectives. :003j: 

Yeah :001j:  Now it looks pretty interesting.

Original idea from [@TheDarkRedFox](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/242418-thedarkredfox/) [Boss Fight](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/30144-boss-battles-gamemode/)

No? How is this relevant?

I simply thought of this while watching the Russian Maniac contests. XD

No? How is this relevant?

I simply thought of this while watching the Russian Maniac contests. XD

I don’t want to steal  your idea, because it is yours.  :006j:

You can turn it into a contest. How minutes can your team survive against a horde of enemies. “Each boss gets progressively harder.”

I think it’s perfect for a contest.