Implementing Corporation Stories Written by Players Into the Game

By looking at the latest map we can see a lot of corporations that are important parts of the new storyline and task system of the game. Some of them had been introduced to us already while many more will appeare only later on. I also noticed that game development put good efforts into creating well integrated stories for these fictional corporations to back up their presence and “activities” within the Star Conflict universe.

So, I’ve got an idea. Why not represent the corporations created by players in the game the same way. This is how it could be done:

• There would be a contest for players that are willing to represent their corporation and provide a story of it.
  • The goal is to create a story around their corporation, possibly backed with as many facts, events from its life as possible.
  • Facts, events might be: stories of infamous battles, SecCon achevements, dramas within the corporation that the wider puplic may not know, etc. You name it.
  • Stories could be completely fictional
  • To help others understand the full story of a corporation, explaining certain facts, events with side notes would be advised
  • One story for each corporation
  • Stories have to be approved by corporation leadership (CEO, VP)
  • Length should be limited to fit into the regular, already existing stories
  • Winners should be selected by game administration
  • The best stories would/should/could:) be implemented in the game and, of course, translated to every language currently available in-game
  • These corporations would get their logo and name displayed somewhere on the map. Attention! Their affiliation (choice of dreadnought) would determine the location.
  • Winner corporations could act the same way as Ellydium, for example, and become the part of the daily task system by offering missions to players. Lets say, play a SecCon battle, or help a corporation in defending their sector, etc. You get the idea.

Well, this is all on the first thoughts. What do you guys think?

• Another thing. There could also be a poll for players voting for their favorite story. 

16 minutes ago, SINaka said:

By looking at the latest map we can see a lot of corporations that are important parts of the new storyline and task system of the game. Some of them had been introduced to us already while many more will appeare only later on. I also noticed that game development put good efforts into creating well integrated stories for these fictional corporations to back up their presence and “activities” within the Star Conflict universe.

So, I’ve got an idea. Why not represent the corporations created by players in the game the same way. This is how it could be done:

• There would be a contest for players that are willing to represent their corporation and provide a story of it.
  • The goal is to create a story around their corporation, possibly backed with as many facts, events from its life as possible.
  • Facts, events might be: stories of infamous battles, SecCon achevements, dramas within the corporation that the wider puplic may not know, etc. You name it.
  • Stories could be completely fictional
  • To help others understand the full story of a corporation, explaining certain facts, events with side notes would be advised
  • One story for each corporation
  • Stories have to be approved by corporation leadership (CEO, VP)
  • Length should be limited to fit into the regular, already existing stories
  • Winners should be selected by game administration
  • The best stories would/should/could:) be implemented in the game and, of course, translated to every language currently available in-game
  • These corporations would get their logo and name displayed somewhere on the map. Attention! Their affiliation (choice of dreadnought) would determine the location.
  • Winner corporations could act the same way as Ellydium, for example, and become the part of the daily task system by offering missions to players. Lets say, play a SecCon battle, or help a corporation in defending their sector, etc. You get the idea.

Well, this is all on the first thoughts. What do you guys think?

+1! I love lore in video games, this will help to broaden SC’s world.

also I think FAITH should be a subgroup of the UMC that focuses on training new recruits

21 minutes ago, evo888 said:

+1! I love lore in video games, this will help to broaden SC’s world

And it could help giving more purpose to the existence of corporations.

21 minutes ago, evo888 said:

also I think FAITH should be a subgroup of the UMC that focuses on training new recruits

That is a possibility. Although, there are many other corps that helped and still helping new players.

Anyway, the story is up to the corporations but it indeed should look like something written by devs and have common elements with the already existing storyline.

5 hours ago, SINaka said:

And it could help giving more purpose to the existence of corporations.

Good idea, because it will be rather easy to be implemented: but would it give purpose? I don’t know.

Maybe  certain missions/jobs can only be aquired if one is in a corporation?

6 hours ago, SINaka said:

• Winner corporations could act the same way as Ellydium, for example, and become the part of the daily task system by offering missions to players. Lets say, play a SecCon battle, or help a corporation in defending their sector, etc. You get the idea.  …

Well would be a surprise for a limited number of time after that it would wear off. Who reads the stories displayed with the missions?

Maybe give each corporation a docking station in a system they conquer for like some time.

How? A  docking windows we see in the 3 old stations. If pilot docks at a corporation station: inside only show one of the standard station interiors decided by what dreadnought they have and link another dock/undock coordinates to it, say system Pandora system Dreadnought Debris zone, then old standard stations. Could not be that complicted. Corps would fight their xxxx of to get some station for their own and some specialties coming with it, I think.

6 hours ago, avarshina said:

… but would it give purpose? I don’t know.

Well, purpose as in the story of Star Conflict at least. Because lets be honest, corporations have not much to do with the game.

Maybe  certain missions/jobs can only be aquired if one is in a corporation?

That’s for sure. This is why I mentioned SecCon based tasks. As far as I know players can’t participate in SecCon without a corporation… Is that right at all?

Well would be a surprise for a limited number of time after that it would wear off. Who reads the stories displayed with the missions?

This applies to any story in the game. But corporations as long term employers in game could really give prestige to them. Also, if they are from different factions, these could provide tasks for extra loyalty vouchers of that particular faction, which would be very popular I think… since voucher influx from tasks got reduced not long ago.

Maybe give each corporation a docking station in a system they conquer for like some time.

I don’t think that much work would worth devs to put into this. They already gave some decorations in shipyards of corps with certain achevements (I forgot what kind) and probably that is what can be expected at best. Some visual extras. Maybe the members of the winner corps could get unique hangar decorations like their logos, flags, name displayed, etc. Of course any of these would have to follow changes in corp logo, name, tag.