Immersion in Star Conflict - missing visual and sound effects

I am providing a list, where immersion can be improved with a small visual modifications and sound additions.

Cyber Beacon: (Invasion)

Missing sound effect from the Cyber’s Beacon.

Suggestion: Add some humming sound effect, when you’re close enough, so that it can be heard. You can also add some occasional ping sounds.

Dreadnought Battle: (SQ)

Command Tower: When it is destroyed, there should be a temporary “static/scrambled” sound, which indicates that the connection with the ships/squad/wing was interrupted or distorted temporarily.

Weapon Cooler: When it is destroyed, there should be smoke and heat visuals coming from the main guns (3 main guns on 1 dreadnought), which indicates that the main guns have a cooling problem now.

Shield Generator: When it is destroyed, the sound of shield generator shutting down should be heard.

Auxiliary generators should also be heard, immediately after that, to indicate that the shields are still running at minimum power and efficiency.

Incoming dreadnought’s torpedo/es: (SQ)

When a torpedo/es travels, the sound of it/them should be heard clearly and they should leave a small visual trail behind.

Collision of a torpedo must be taken more seriously. Sound effect must be stronger and louder.

Explosion could be more severe, but only the visuals.

Small, thermal cloud effect from a torpedo should remain on the point the impact, similar to nukes, but stronger.

Asteroid shatter sound: (SQ)

When asteroid gets destroyed by a dreadnought’s turrets or main guns, the sound of shattered asteroid should be heard.

2D Dreadnought’s image, stationed in Empire - Guardian-17, Federation - Station Eden and Jericho - Mendes-IX: (Invasion)

Faint sound effect of a dreadnought’s main guns should be added for immersion purposes.

Let me know, if you noticed any other missing visual and sound effects.

Do not forget to vote!

Sincerely,

Koromac

Reasonable and good suggestions.

The main problem is that, as you know, developers always tried to keep the minimum requisites of the game toned down so everyone could play it, even on toasters.

All of those effects (specially light and fog/particle effects) are bad for game performance.

But I won’t mind they make it selectable (like lens flare)

Of course I agree with the sounds, if they are not intrusive.

Reasonable and good suggestions.

The main problem is that, as you know, developers always tried to keep the minimum requisites of the game toned down so everyone could play it, even on toasters.

All of those effects (specially light and fog/particle effects) are bad for game performance.

But I won’t mind they make it selectable (like lens flare)

Of course I agree with the sounds, if they are not intrusive.

Even with some effects added, I don’t think it will increase the perforrmace cost much. Maybe 1-3 FPS on average.

2D Dreadnought’s image, stationed in Empire - Guardian-17, Federation - Station Eden and Jericho - Mendes-IX: (Invasion)

Faint sound effect of a dreadnought’s main guns should be added for immersion purposes.

They look like shooting positrons. Change it to actual main gun fire, with charging and so on.

They could make an option for advanced effects. They have sounds already for generator destroyed or maybe they aren’t using them

Agree with most suggestions.
Cyber beacons should be rendered at more than 15km (like warpgates do)
I disagree with the entire dreadnought torp part; they are easy to identify, they have a big smoke trail, the explotion radious is really big (and visuals represent the real explotion size) and theres definately no need to leave a residual cloud (i really hate those fire effects that when you stand on them for hours no damage is aplied)…i cant remember on the sound of torps (maybe because they dont have xD in that case i would agree with some sound just like EM torps have their own flight sound).

About inmersion, i think the zoom distortion on the edges of the screen is really exagerated and goes worse than a totally flat screen display; planets, asteroids and other objects get ridiculous shapes that pretend to make you think they are at 500m from your side (when they are actually at 4km or more). I took some screenshots at dreadnought shipyard: in one of them you see that the federation dreadnought is wider than higher, and in another you see that it is totally the opposite (the ship position is exactly the same on both pictures, only difference is the pan (pitch up/down)).

EDIT: i do like the blue/red/yellow color separation, however i greatly dislike the objects shape/size distortion.

2ivjxn7.jpg xe1hj9.jpg
None of this pictures have any kind of edition, they are just as SC took them.

One last thing, im pretty sure that FPS will impact much more than just 1-3 fps (at pirate raid i get 60-50 fps but when i get close to the cargo ship cloud my fps goes down to 30), thats why is important to have a toggle option just like lens flares (as Eviscerador says)

Yeah I’d like an option to turn off that blur vignette effect. You do need a wide angle lens or else you will miss ship sneaking more often