idea for new type of ship

i think the game lacks a burst damage ship so i wanted to suggest to add a ship based on misiles to cover this role.

do note i am no suggestion to implement the one from the picture, that one is just for showing a basic concept of it

short description and main atributes:

speed and mobility would be similar to attack ships

hp/shield would be like interceptors

armament:

main gun: unguided small rockets that will work with barrages (explain later)

olso carry 4 heavys and med rockets (explain later)

Hover_MLRS_03.jpg

main gun: barrage system implies being able to shoot a large amount of small unguided rockets in a few seconds and then having to wait for a rather long time for another barrage, rockets will vary from short range (1000 mts) high damage to long range (5000 mts) low dmg high speed.

heavy and meds rockets would be hosted in the sides (in the picture case the mrl air entrance), there should be an option to shoot them in pairs (one from each side at the same time)

ship special: “AI controled misiles” : while active increase misile speed by 15%, reduce enemy anti misile range equipment by 40% and gives homing misiles the hability to try to avoid solid objects in their way to target, this skill wil consume huge amounts of energy so it cant be activated for more than 10 seconds.

final note: i know this needs some balance change just take it as posibilty, i am olso open to ideas.

In the answers from the devs part 4 they mention they are considering adding a missile ship.

But basing it off of the MLRS from Tiberian sun isn’t really ideal, but I see where you are going. :stuck_out_tongue:

In the answers from the devs part 4 they mention they are considering adding a missile ship.

But basing it off of the MLRS from Tiberian sun isn’t really ideal, but I see where you are going. :stuck_out_tongue:

i love tiberian sun designs and that tank looks cool and you know it :004j: (<— ugly emoticons), i hope the design thy are using for misile ships is remotely agile.

Very cool idea. I like it. Seems like it would fit the role and not be overpowered.

I belive that the skill of the pilot has to prevail.

Missiles do not require much skill to hit the target and ships with only missile that could cause riders can win without much skill in combat.

If I play with a ship frigate, forget, I gave up already, because I can not play with it. However, there are people in SC that plays very well with the ship frigate, because I believe it has the ability to do so.

The same happen with then other ship types.

I like SC because the skill’s pilot prevail.

PS: sorry my bad english! :fed004:

I belive that the skill of the pilot has to prevail.

Missiles do not require much skill to hit the target and ships with only missile that could cause riders can win without much skill in combat.

If I play with a ship frigate, forget, I gave up already, because I can not play with it. However, there are people in SC that plays very well with the ship frigate, because I believe it has the ability to do so.

The same happen with then other ship types.

I like SC because the skill’s pilot prevail.

PS: sorry my bad english! :fed004:

main gun is still unguided it will be like shooting loads of those small unguided missiles interceptors have over a very short period of time folowed by a rather big reload time.