I want a gravity field on each landing platform! (sci-fi immersion)

Shortest suggestion I have ever made.

I want that you erect some sort visual gravity field in the middle of each and every platform, which means 4 such devices should be in each hangar in the update 1.2.5.

This would actually explain the mystery, why are ships standing 25 meters above the ground or in the air, while there is no technology to keep them above the platform.

There could also be a mild sound effect/s added for immersion. The color of the anomaly effect below the ship may be based on the faction (red,blue,yellow) or slightly blue in general for all 3 hangars.

Screenshot:

2epsx7a.png

P.S.: This screenshot also features a bug, an invisible Jericho interceptor leaving the Jericho hangar with only a visible red engine trail!

I have been asking Skula1975 to fix this bug for over 2 years now. He said: "Maybe later!"

Regards,

Koromac

P.S.: This screenshot also features a bug, an invisible Jericho interceptor leaving the Jericho hangar with only a visible red engine trail!

its a missile :005j:

IDK about the gravity effect…atm i think of it like starwars (pulls ships to hangar to dock them…or prevent them from running away like the scene with the millenium falcon). But perhaps it would look cool (something like halo).

Gravity is invisible. Also if you want to fly your ship faster than light you must bring ships mass to zero because nothing with positive mass cannot move faster than light. So if they can bring ships mass to zero then why they cant do it in hangar? :slight_smile: Its the law of phisics.

They use the Mass Effect, duh.

Gravity is invisible. Also if you want to fly your ship faster than light you must bring ships mass to zero because nothing with positive mass cannot move faster than light. So if they can bring ships mass to zero then why they cant do it in hangar? :slight_smile: Its the law of phisics.

I know the laws of physics. It’s a sci-fi game.

It’s magic. It is a nice to have, but currently there is no need to add something like this.

It’s magic. It is a nice to have, but currently there is no need to add something like this.

Yeah, I expected this. And no, I didn’t write this one, because only I had a problem with this.

Well, anyway, the rest will call you lazy.

Yeah, I expected this. And no, I didn’t write this one, because only I had a problem with this.

Well, anyway, the rest will call you lazy.

Lazy because of focus on content that is more important and contributes more to the gameplay?

Lazy because of focus on content that is more important and contributes more to the gameplay?

I get you, but most people don’t even read the forums.

It should be listed as low priority task, at least.

I get you, but most people don’t even read the forums.

It should be listed as low priority task, at least.

If there is enought interest, maybe it will become a low priority task.

If there is enought interest, maybe it will become a low priority task.

There possibly is, but like I said, nobody visits the forum anymore and we all know why.

If you will fix that then fix how ships stops and fly backward. Any retro thrust?

If you will fix that then fix how ships stops and fly backward. Any retro thrust?

Can you explain more, in detail?

Theres no visual effect of any force that stops ship or make it flying backward. No thrust effect like side thrusters or something.

Theres no visual effect of any force that stops ship or make it flying backward. No thrust effect like side thrusters or something.

a few ships have frontal vernier engines that activate when going backwards…but they act like compensators (like when you turn or strafe), meaning they turn on and soon after they turn off (as real space movement), no need to keep the engine on: no friction and almost no gravity–>no slowdown.

a few ships have frontal vernier engines that activate when going backwards…but they act like compensators (like when you turn or strafe), meaning they turn on and soon after they turn off (as real space movement), no need to keep the engine on: no friction and almost no gravity–>no slowdown.

Yes but you need more that that to stop ship while moving couple hundreds km/h. Same when moving backward. Thrusters must be on while increasing speed. Like moving foward.

Um…Jericho already has the best animation for ship holding tech… The other platforms do also have little things that represent similar things but without a light effect.:wink: