I really hate limited availability content

I can’t spare much time for this game between work and other responsibilities, so most of these “events” where you can only get a ship for a limited time are completely cut off from me.

Normally I have the comfort of knowing that a ship that I want can be earned. Even if it takes a year, I can get it eventually, it isn’t going anywhere.

And then you have these events, such as the Empire destroyer which doesn’t exist anymore, or these ship parts for the Reaper, and it discourages me because I know I can never earn that because all the progress I made towards it is going to be erased.

Yes we all hate time limited event, we all have been clear with it with dev’s and hopefully it won’t happen again except if r14 dessy came back.

For the reaper and Phoenix that actually a really nice gift from the dev’s cause you can get them both for free and in a short time, I do feel a bit bad for those who farm to get parts for theses ships^^’

I’m mostly interested in destroyer play, so to hear that the R14 destroyer was up for a short time and then removed really upset me.

I can understand people disliking them in PvP, and really I only use destroyer for PvE and friendly OS where it’s not a concern if it’s an unfair fight.

1 hour ago, Weylin29651 said:

I’m mostly interested in destroyer play, so to hear that the R14 destroyer was up for a short time and then removed really upset me.

I can understand people disliking them in PvP, and really I only use destroyer for PvE and friendly OS where it’s not a concern if it’s an unfair fight.

The R14 destroyers are supposed to come back, so your progress wasn’t for nothing.

1 hour ago, TheDerpNukem said:

The R14 destroyers are supposed to come back, so your progress wasn’t for nothing.

What about progress towards the Reaper? People who bought ship parts?

Does everything purchased and gained vanish when the event ends in a few days as they announced?

10 minutes ago, Weylin29651 said:

What about progress towards the Reaper? People who bought ship parts?

Does everything purchased and gained vanish when the event ends in a few days as they announced?

No. Everything will stay. The reaper will come back occasionally like every other ships similar to them 

reaper and phoenix was always a DLC ship. IMO its was a fair move to make it available for parts even if it was only for a “short” time. I hope if you can’t finish it but you have some parts you can trade them in the upcoming trading system.

Reaper and Phoenix aren’t just available for a week or so. They was a very long time ready to farm for them.

While it’s sad, that they will be removed as grinds, the event is nice.
Better as to not having the chance to get them.

Same was with the xenocrystals.

1 hour ago, Gizmomac said:

reaper and phoenix was always a DLC ship. IMO its was a fair move to make it available for parts even if it was only for a “short” time. I hope if you can’t finish it but you have some parts you can trade them in the upcoming trading system.

I don’t think ship parts will be tradeable. Dart Gargoyle yes, because they are single entities, not 450 of them. I don’t just understand why Nightingale was removed.

19 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

I don’t think ship parts will be tradeable. Dart Gargoyle yes, because they are single entities, not 450 of them. I don’t just understand why Nightingale was removed.

It has not been removed.

It came back for a couple of days at 3 times.

Ship parts should be automatically converted to monocrystals only! Yes, only monocrystals, not other, common resources.

6 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Ship parts should be automatically converted to monocrystals only! Yes, only monocrystals, not other, common resources.

wrong topic

Unpopular opinion > each destroyer event last year could have granted you at least one of each 3 ranks of destroyers for an hour of game time per day if you are downright unskilled.
                              > same goes for the reaper/phoenix + now you have the chance to get both if you did all the daily tasks for just 2 weeks, even if you have no parts collected u get 30 for each per day

Sometimes i really do cringe at how some things are perceived, be objective please from now on.

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

wrong topic

but he is right none the less…

1 minute ago, avarshina said:

but he is right none the less…

Of course I am. I got 15000 metal blanks and 8000 graphite plates. What do I get for Phoenix and Reaper that I already have from DLC?

Well, you guessed it, 10 metal blanks and 10 graphite plates. It may be good for some people, but I agree that all of us would rather see 20 monocrystals than this.

But it would end in 60 monos per day, massive influx of mono worth.

In this case, convert the rate by 1/10th but at least make it monos not blanck metal …

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

But it would end in 60 monos per day, massive influx of mono worth.

Remember the Monocrystal blueprint? 10 Iridium, 4 metal blanks, 2 computing chips for each monocrystal.

7 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Remember the Monocrystal blueprint? 10 Iridium, 4 metal blanks, 2 computing chips for each monocrystal.

Nope, when was that a thing?

I understand some events you can get the objectives by playing once every day, but they allow no flexibility for people who are often out of town as part of their work.

I’d fill in the gaps with GS resource containers, but those are insultingly bad rip offs. I am NOT paying $1 a pop to maybe get the part I need. The resource roulette is 100% for whales and not casual players. (I don’t mean you ORCA, unless you spend $500 a month on this ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) )