I.N.N. Issue II (63) on 4614.02.04

I.N.N. - Intergalactic News Network

The Galaxy’s most recent news for you

Hot News

I. Soon the Mercenary Centre will provide built-in communication systems to all the mercs. Up to now mercs had to use external communication solutions, which sometimes caused malfunction of onboard systems. Moreover, from now on you’ll be able to communicate even to those who refused to use third party software. Communication systems will be granted to all the pilots for free and is expected to help them coordinate their actions in battles.

II. In the nearest future the Mercenary Centre according to UFO directive will run a “sports competitions week”. During the mentioned period of time mercenaries will have to show their skills in different disciplines. Top 10 pilots will receive special prizes.  After this the winners will travel to a resort station near Alpha Centauri. Elite imperial wooden chairs, fresh drinks from federative agricultural worlds of Perseus, famous misicians and singers - it’s a minimum of what awaits the winners. Still they will have to prove their skills constantly, or other pilots will take their places.

III. Having analyzed the pilots’ orders and having prepared appropriate documentation the Centre has granted all the pilots access to galactic market. From now on pilots will not only be able to buy and upgrade guns and modules for special resources as credits or loyalty vouchers. This partial lift of prohibition of trade will provide access to most of goods for standard galactic currency. No applications will be necessary, payment options will be automatically included to all the holographic terminals along with others known ways of payment.

IV. The Mercenary Centre has received new powerful autonomous early warning radar systems. These systems are manufactured as monitoring drones hanging high above the battle sector and transmitting the data to all the ships in the sector. Previously you could “cheat” the drone by hiding from it behind an obstacle. New systems are provided with this bug fixed, so the drones will become even more valuable for the team.

Other News

V. New gun systems ale finally available after week-long tests. The history of these cutting edge solutions is quite complex.  About a month ago a leak took place about new systems under development. A group of pirates has managed to get a copy of the blueprints and produce their own samples. The guns have proven themselves popular. Then a couple of weeks later the antipiracy committee closed the factory where all these guns had been manufactured, and all the samples were confiscated. A week after that  AFSA “Breakthrough”, which is a home for the brightest minds of all three factions, has signed a contract with the Mercenary Centre. According to it some pilots received licences allowing them to buy these top secret solutions. And now it has been officially declared that all the tests are successful and the three gun systems will be legally available shortly.

All-Faction Scientific Asociation is sure these systems will be used for the sake of peace and prosperity of human kind.

Military News

VI. During the week after the new rules have been applied by UFO the situation changed drastically. Jericho families, their forces gathered into one large group, applied an old and reliable scheme - a powerful strike on the centre. All attempts to stop them have been of little or no success. Still Federation has mobilized some forces and performed a flank strike towards Jericho capital. Their main forces succeeded as well. After a couple of fierce fights they managed to stop advancing Jericho forces and even get a couple of sectors back. Still the territory of Federation isn’t expanding now while Jericho has taken a pause in its anvancement.

post-38671-0-82810900-1391529828.jpg

The Empire wasn’t so lucky as Federation. Furious resistance of Imperial forces has prevented Jericho from moving deeper inside imperial territories. But all attempts of imperial squads to get the territories back were vain. The Empire has moved to defensive positions; it doesn’t give up its attempts to break through the blockade, but has seen little success in them.

Weather Forecast

Generally the weather is clear and predictable, though unstable in the northern parts of WX sector. But there’s a new anomaly of unprecedented scale emerging in the eastern part of the galaxy. It is not advised to fly to dangerous zones, but if you are a mercenary and there’s such a need for you - you should visit StarMed. Noone knows how all this stuff will affect you. Remember - StarMed cares about you all. StarMed - we’re not only cheap, but also easy, you’ll have a long memory of us.

Advertising

Get annoyed by lice spy drones? Simply strike them head to the wall, and they’ll just fall off.

The issue was prepared by: MoonLight, LexxVIII

Voice chat being brought in?  Will it include translations?

Those three weapons they’re talking about… are the winter ones that came last patch, or are we going to get more weapons this week? I’m confused about what I read.

Those three weapons they’re talking about… are the winter ones that came last patch, or are we going to get more weapons this week? I’m confused about what I read.

They say they are available, so yeah the winter ones.

PS: Btw this is issue (63), not (62) as it says in the title. Thought it was the old version when I saw the title.

It’s the IIN for the next patch.

New weapons? again?

They say they are available, so yeah the winter ones.

PS: Btw this is issue (63), not (62) as it says in the title. Thought it was the old version when I saw the title.

They say: “And now it has been officially declared that all the tests are successful and the three gun systems will be legally available shortly.”

I dont know any more than anyone else here, but here are my predictions for the next update based on this IIN

1. Voice chat.

2. an upcoming pvp competition for profitsss

3. sounds like they are adding mk2/4 upgrades for gold -.-

4. sounds like a micro-locator rework, or a new module entirely.

5. if I am interpreting this correctly, they have been testing new weapons over the past week, and are going to add them in the next patch.

so i’m guessing there will be 3 more role-specific weapons. which means they should add weapons to the 3 remaining roles sometime after the next update.

Regarding the guns I think that the tests mentioned refer to the previous patch. Now they will be just fixed a bit. They’ll unlikely introduce 3 more.

Regarding the guns I think that the tests mentioned refer to the previous patch. Now they will be just fixed a bit. They’ll unlikely introduce 3 more.

Nooo, don’t ruin our hopes of more weapons! 

Thanks again for the INN, Lexx.

Thx for the INN, it makes the game feel a little bit alive. Sad about the pay to win move.

Thx for the INN, it makes the game feel a little bit alive. Sad about the pay to win move.

Where is the pay to win?

Thanks again for the INN, Lexx.

You’re welcome)

Sad about the pay to win move.

Why so? I don’t see any P2W signs as of now.

Even if new role-specific weapons dont come in the next patch, I’m really excited to see what they come up with for the remainder of the role-specific weapons.

and for now I’ll entertain myself with my own speculation on what they will become.

I am particularly excited to see what they come up with for LRFs, gunships, and covops.

dont forget that this IS beta, we’ll be testing the weapons before they are “finished” and they can very well throw in some new weapons in a patch only to be balanced in the next patch. Its not like they have to balance them before they release them. we are their means of balancing.

Oh god no. Please do not implement in game voice chat. It’s worthless. Every game I’ve ever played that had it built in you have to mute it instantly because of xxxx.

Why so? I don’t see any P2W signs as of now.

It is not strictly P2W, but come on, loyalty vouchers can take months to grind.

Oh god no. Please do not implement in game voice chat. It’s worthless. Every game I’ve ever played that had it built in you have to mute it instantly because of xxxx.

True story, bro.

It is not strictly P2W, but come on, loyalty vouchers can take months to grind.

Maybe you’re right, but green modules can also farm people pretty well)

Starting from T2 you can grind enough vouchers as there are enough contracts. I re-sign them multiple times a day, so the process never stops)

• there are always some bonuses during weekends.

Thanks Lexx. Interesting news. Offering all upgrades for GS just causes more rich Tier rusher. So what’s the point in playing and progression if you can then buy everything.

If they really implement voice chat it will be a nightmare in Arcade PvP and will be muted. Imagine if you are already bothered by the Russian texts in matches  but now …

Maybe you’re right, but green modules can also farm people pretty well)

Starting from T2 you can grind enough vouchers as there are enough contracts. I re-sign them multiple times a day, so the process never stops)

• there are always some bonuses during weekends.

But even with the double voucher gain bonus you still have to work for getting them. It would be better if the voucher price for Mk3 upgrade would be discounted the same way they discount(ed) other upgrades. Not many people buy Mk3 upgrades with GS especially starting T3 where it gets really expensive.

hopefully voice chat will be squad-only.