I like this game But...

when I first started off with this game I was really happy. a mmo with space ships that’s free to play. what more could a person want right?. the PvP matches for the most part im ok with(but nothing to write home about), but i lean towards the PvE matches. i find the PvE match’s more rewarding, its also a good place for team building even if the other players are random. the ingame currency doesn’t seem to be a total grind. the contracts on the other hand are nice but a complete grind.

what more could a person want right. well being able to swap out weapons or a big haulking battle ship or even ships with more than 6 guns.(remember this is just my opinion)

say you have a main slot for your guns and a second slot that can be replaced by different type of gun. the other gun lets say takes more power but dose less damage to off set.

as for that battle ship make it really I mean really slow. forwards would be the fastest and for the turn time throw that out the window. since having heavy armour and being really slow the blind spot would be the thing you have to worry about.

WIth saying that I bet there are load of people screaming how unfare that advantage would be or they removed that because people where screaming.

But… im a huge fan of armored core… yes I know that game has its own problems with online. when it comes down to customising no other mech game comes close. with one of the armored core games there are 3 types of defence and 3 types of weapons kinetic thermal and chemical. now no matter how hard you try you will never build the perfect mech. you will always be weak in one or more areas defence or offence. the weight of your mech and the amount of power it generates is also a balancing act. if you want weapons then this game has it all from your typical hand/shotguns rifles to the cannons, auto cannons, Gatling guns, rockets, energy guns, pile drivers, energy swords, ultimate weapons and many more…

Many of these mmo really need to take something away from the armored series. They have around since 1997 so they must be doing something right…

when I first started off with this game I was really happy. a mmo with space ships that’s free to play. what more could a person want right?. the PvP matches for the most part im ok with(but nothing to write home about), but i lean towards the PvE matches. i find the PvE match’s more rewarding, its also a good place for team building even if the other players are random. the ingame currency doesn’t seem to be a total grind. the contracts on the other hand are nice but a complete grind.

what more could a person want right. well being able to swap out weapons or a big haulking battle ship or even ships with more than 6 guns.(remember this is just my opinion)

say you have a main slot for your guns and a second slot that can be replaced by different type of gun. the other gun lets say takes more power but dose less damage to off set.

as for that battle ship make it really I mean really slow. forwards would be the fastest and for the turn time throw that out the window. since having heavy armour and being really slow the blind spot would be the thing you have to worry about.

WIth saying that I bet there are load of people screaming how unfare that advantage would be or they removed that because people where screaming.

But… im a huge fan of armored core… yes I know that game has its own problems with online. when it comes down to customising no other mech game comes close. with one of the armored core games there are 3 types of defence and 3 types of weapons kinetic thermal and chemical. now no matter how hard you try you will never build the perfect mech. you will always be weak in one or more areas defence or offence. the weight of your mech and the amount of power it generates is also a balancing act. if you want weapons then this game has it all from your typical hand/shotguns rifles to the cannons, auto cannons, Gatling guns, rockets, energy guns, pile drivers, energy swords, ultimate weapons and many more…

Many of these mmo really need to take something away from the armored series. They have around since 1997 so they must be doing something right…

this is star conflict not war commander or pokemon

Well, we have no idea how dreadnoughts will look like (only that they will be big), so no point in wanting a bigger ship now, it’s already in the Q.

Well, we have no idea how dreadnoughts will look like (only that they will be big),

We’ve had the original concept art for them over 2 years ago, we’ve got PVE missions involving one as a static object and we’ve had the latest devblog with an updated concept art of the Federation Dreadnought, so I would say that we have got a pretty good idea about how they will look.

The 2 weapons setup has been tried and discarded after about 2 years of beta testing. (not 2 weapons exactly, but there was before the ability to switch damage type depending on ammo). 

when it comes down to customising no other mech game comes close. with one of the armored core games there are 3 types of defence and 3 types of weapons kinetic thermal and chemical. now no matter how hard you try you will never build the perfect mech. you will always be weak in one or more areas defence or offence. the weight of your mech and the amount of power it generates is also a balancing act. if you want weapons then this game has it all from your typical hand/shotguns rifles to the cannons, auto cannons, Gatling guns, rockets, energy guns, pile drivers, energy swords, ultimate weapons and many more…

I think that actually everything you said here has a counterpart in SC. 3 damage types, but with multiple weapon types. Beams, Railguns, Lazor Blasters, Plasma bubbles, Plasma snipers, Rail snipers, Flak or what’s it’s name, Pulse lazors, Plasma xxx i really don’t remember all weapon types, there must be about 20-30 in total.

You can never build the perfect ship. You will always be more defensive or more offensive. The weight and amount of power = the size of the ship + the engine types you use for maneuverability + the type of armor that increases/reduces resistance/hp/maneuverability/speed, modules/systems to balance the power. All those weapons exist in Star Conflict, INCLUDING the freaking ENERGY SWORD (plasma spear or what’s it’s name on the interceptors). 

So…maybe play the game a bit longer and you’ll see them in higher techs. The starting techs have limited options in order to have an appropriate learning curve. 

In Tier 1 there is basically no customization. At Tier 3 you will always discover new and interesting ways to kill people. At Tier 5, you’ll still be building new ship setups after a year. 

We’ve had the original concept art for them over 2 years ago, we’ve got PVE missions involving one as a static object and we’ve had the latest devblog with an updated concept art of the Federation Dreadnought, so I would say that we have got a pretty good idea about how they will look.

I mean how will they look like from a gaming point of view. Not the actual appearance, but how they are played, how they behave.

I mean how will they look like from a gaming point of view. Not the actual appearance, but how they are played, how they behave.

Oh yeah fair enough, that’s the big unknown, we don’t even know if they’re going to be player piloted I think.

Oh yeah fair enough, that’s the big unknown, we don’t even know if they’re going to be player piloted I think.

Oh gawd, bot in… dreadnought! (pleas no)

^not cool

apparently, u can destroy a dreadnought by attacking 4 main generators located in the middle part of the ship, once they are all drstroyed the dreadnought will blow up or something… Thats the plan so far but i dont know any more than that

Perhaps a dreadnought would be controlled indirectly? I don’t like the idea of a player being in control of the whole ship.

Perhaps a dreadnought would be controlled indirectly? I don’t like the idea of a player being in control of the whole ship.

TwitchFliesDreadnought

thank you sergeant for your post.

I was thinking more along the line that each turret on the ship where interchangeable. now depending on your total power output would limit your selection of weapons. say 1 for long range 1 for medium and 2 for upclose. now im NOT expecting to shoot them all at once. your type of ship will have a different weapon grouping allowing more then 1 turret to fire at a time, total power output would have to be divided by the number of turrets also limiting weapon selection.

thank you sergeant for your post.

I was thinking more along the line that each turret on the ship where interchangeable. now depending on your total power output would limit your selection of weapons. say 1 for long range 1 for medium and 2 for upclose. now im NOT expecting to shoot them all at once. your type of ship will have a different weapon grouping allowing more then 1 turret to fire at a time, total power output would have to be divided by the number of turrets also limiting weapon selection.

Now you moved from Armored Core to Mech Warrior :slight_smile:

A dreadnaught should be controlled by at least 4 players. 

1. Commander - 

2. Sensors/Energy Management

3. Gunnery/Sheild Management

4. Engines or driver

1. Engines or driver

:P-ilot

1. Commander - 

4. Engines or driver

If we get an in-flight entertainment system I’ll do the Commander part: “Full speed ahead, shoot everything that moves - if it doesn’t move shoot it anyway just to make sure - and keep those shields in the green. Call me when the battle is over”.

1. Commander - 

4. Engines or driver

Yeah and you have to play it like Artemis Spaceship Bridge simulator no?

Google it. 

Ah yeah Artemis. Usually great fun to watch teams on utube.

There is also a SC2-Arcade map called Cruiser Command, deriving from an old WC3 map, where you can take stations like navigation (helm), weapons, science - and work together to steer one Battlecruiser into victory.

The Captain is a role who can be assigned to anyone, without even having the game running :slight_smile:

It would be indeed awesome if many players can control it; was suggested eons ago; however I would rather have it “the more players, the more options”, so more like 2-6.

1. Commander - 

4. Engines or driver

I like it… This is teh way to go. Hope devs r redaing this :wink: