HUD buff/debuff icon for 'Adaptive Shields'

I’d like to see when Adaptive Shields module is active, preferably through an icon in the buff/debuff row, on the HUD.

There were two other threads suggesting this, please consider.

I believe there were more than just 2 or 3 threads about this request.

I made one as well.

Why are we not getting one?

Ask the developers.

I will re-post this idea and summarise it again, for all of you.

For example, your ship is an Engineer with 2 adaptive shields slots.

They activate, once you reach 110% of speed, that means, that you have to use afterburners and keep them active for the whole duration.

I am not asking for 2 purple, mk I - IV display icons, but for one, since if one adaptive is active out of two, the other one is as well.

So the icon above you should display that shield “adaptive” effect.

When it happens, you should hear a slight sound of some kind and the color of your shield should either change at that moment, or remain just a bit different enough to notice, during the whole duration of “adaptive” state.

Optional:

However, I got additional suggestion. If you’re flying at maxed, capped speed of 200% impulse with afterburners, I believe it would be a good idea that shield regeneration is also like 10% to 20% faster, but only when this condition is met.

Maybe you could get this additional effect only on mark V adaptive shields, which requires alien techology, but sadly, we don’t have those… yet.

Feel free to comment.

Adaptatives are strong enough, we just need a small icon display that tells you that they’re active, but nothing else Imo.

Adaptatives are strong enough, we just need a small icon display that tells you that they’re active, but nothing else Imo.

Very much this!

+1. I’ve already lost count of how many times I supported this idea.

There are more than enough ways to avoid being slowed down, so I’m with residente on this.

Absolutely yes.

Okay, keep it simple then.

Just an icon is enough, but I want white icon for mk I, green for mk II, blue for mk III and purple for mark IV and orange icon for possible mark V.

+1.000.000.000 for the icon. (please)

Please dont post the same proposal multiple times!

When you miss and answer, please feel free to contact a FM like me via mail on forum.

We try to be on time but we need sleep and go work as well :slight_smile:

Anyway: thanks for the input - forwarded to Devs