How to rack up medals if you're a bad pilot like me Video Guide

I don’t like them sniping frigates.

http://youtu.be/WA07g1yFLL0

watch in 720p, had some issues with resolution.

Another way to rack up medals would be to use a command fighter or an engineering frigate, park yourself beside a beacon, and wait for enemies to approach. Basically, simply bless your allies with your very presence (and your buff auras), and accumulate buff assists, and shoot incoming enemies and get some damage assists. If someone comes too near, drop a minefield, and maybe get It has Begun if you manage to kill two enemies. If you get blown to bits, don’t fret for your deployed minefields are still active: if an enemy flies into the minefield and dies, you’ll get Pixel Hunter and From the Grave. Better still if that enemy just killed you (or an ally): Vindicator, possibly even Killjoy. Lastly, if you’re an engineering frigate with a warp gate, and you’re about to die, aim your ship at an obstacle (or an enemy ship, if you fancy), and warp. With luck, you’ll get Thud or Battering Ram.

Well, the title is supposed to be a joke actually, this is no guide :lol: . I’m being sarcastic about how ridiculously easy I think is playing with a LR frigate. Don’t get started with the “yeah but a fighter in close range can annihilate it” stuff, cause I’ve managed to get 1 friend with a guard frigate guarding me and I was invincible. I think they should leave fighters ('specially recons) alone and start nerfing LR Frigs, also I don’t think this kind of playstyle (hiding behind a rock sniping stuff) is appropriate for this game (everything should be about fast and intense dogfights, or being a big support ship that…supports… not assassinating stuff 15kms away), but this discussion is for a different section of the forum.

Nevertheless, nice tips, I’ll keep those in mind for future shenanigans :lol:

IMO hiding behind a rock is fine. I do that almost all the time with my Templar, though the reduced number of shots usually mean that I don’t score that many kills. But if I’m sniping, I’m not out there capturing beacons with a fighter, or healing allies with an engineering frigate. Everybody has his/her own role in the match. 

T1’s don’t really know how to avoid that kindof stuff, but the video was funny and I’ll watch anything with silly edits thrown into it about Star Conflict.

Try wavering about if you’re getting shot at while approaching someone, shift between A, D, Space, and Alt to wheel about in circles and you’ll mess with alot of weapons.

Like!

But the good’ol’Karthus ult version I like even more.

This thread being moved under guides may send the wrong message, after all it’s “Player written guides for new pilots.” I would hate to see new players go LRF camping thinking it’s the best way to play.

God, If i recorded my battles…you would see me gain about 8 to 10 metals in the course of 10 seconds. Dam idiots flying, thinking they are better then me…THOSE ARE MY SWEET ROLLS!

Engineering frigates are good. My T2 Empire one, the Hydra 2, has hull regen/shield regen/warpgate modules so I get a fair amount of buff assists and then my two combat drones can help get me damage assists while my Rapid-Fire Plasma guns can get more damage assists or kills. And if they get too close, well, say hello to the minefield. I’ve yet to get the Battering Ram medal though. I’ve tried and always end up just missing them… Got a couple of THUD! medals though  :Dwop

I’ve yet to get the Battering Ram medal though. I’ve tried and always end up just missing them… Got a couple of THUD! medals though  :Dwop

Try guard frigates. For some obscure reason I got all of my Battering Ram medals from them, most of the time without really moving much.

post-240709-0-06635400-1371545622.jpg

Try guard frigates. For some obscure reason I got all of my Battering Ram medals from them, most of the time without really moving much.

I can’t get Guard Frigates. I’m an Empire player and I’ve been busy ranking up my Empire ships so I get LR Frigates mostly (but I play with the Engi Frigates, I do better with them).

How do you get Battering Ram without using warpgates? Whenever I run into a ship normally, I see virtually no damage done.

Inties fly in higher speed ,and have much lower health, so if inty would ram you at full speed, you would lose some hp, but he will lose more than half probably, or even die.

I’ve never had an inty run into me at full speed. Well, there have been a couple but those ones always had the Plasma Arc activated and usually kill me and dash off.

Inties fly in higher speed ,and have much lower health, so if inty would ram you at full speed, you would lose some hp, but he will lose more than half probably, or even die.

I’ve never had an inty run into me at full speed. Well, there have been a couple but those ones always had the Plasma Arc activated and usually kill me and dash off.

The unfortunate ones that rush into abnormally strong resistance (I’m taking about pulsars and minefields and a whole load of anti-inty defenses) might attempt to plasma arc you, but if you slow down or stop completely you might collide with them and earn a medal =)

I can’t get Guard Frigates. I’m an Empire player and I’ve been busy ranking up my Empire ships so I get LR Frigates mostly (but I play with the Engi Frigates, I do better with them).

How do you get Battering Ram without using warpgates? Whenever I run into a ship normally, I see virtually no damage done.

After a while you’ll collect the whole set :stuck_out_tongue:

I somehow got the Battering Ram today… no idea when but it was in the end-game summary screen.  :smoke:

God, If i recorded my battles…you would see me gain about 8 to 10 metals in the course of 10 seconds. Dam idiots flying, thinking they are better then me…THOSE ARE MY SWEET ROLLS!

You made me curious, what’s your highest count per match (multiple of the same kind counted as well)? :slight_smile:

And about battering rams: intys ramming frigates ftw! :smiley:

they took it out. its really hard to get battering rams now…

I actually got a Battering Ram against another frigate twice now. First time, all I did was ‘tap’ their ship when it was on very very low health (I didn’t mean to run into them actually) and the second, well, the Jericho Guard frigate was camping right next to a beacon and must have had Phase Shield activated because my Long-range lasers were doing nothing. So I warp-gated into him. I got that one on record actually  :lol:

use any command ship and watch how the “assists” medals earned… i stopped at 49 assists in one game :slight_smile: