How to get better at aiming?

Hi guys, my father (Savij) and family forbid me to use aimbooster.com due to legal reasons. I usually listen to my Dad’'s advice, but thanks for the advice anyway. I just got 2nd place in a Tier 1 PVE mission so I broke the spell for a while without using aimbooster.com . Like I said more youtube vids without any editing to the vid would help people get better, especially newbies like me.

Error, please try and make time for the community, we appreciate this game a lot and my friends at cybercafés tell me that the targeting experience is the same for some of them. Better optimization for older pcs is needed they say, so I just tell you what they tell me. Thanks a lot for the time, glad to see the community is trying to help each other and that devs and media moderators pay attention to these issues.

Hi guys, I just started this game and notice I have some points problems. Usually I am the lowest score if i play with people I know. The problem is i have a lot of problems aligning a target into my gun sights. I would appreciate it if you could give some tips with regards to game settings and mouse sensitivity to get better at this game, thanks in advance for any help.

I am using better ships then some people I know who just started and still they get better kill score then me. I am using a Sapphire HD5450 graphic card and running the game at medium after some experimenting. One other issue is I have noticed is that 99% of the time when i combine fire at a critical target, I do not get the Kill score? It is always someone else getting the final registered kill and score, this is something that needs fixing. Ideally the game system should balance out the score distribution to ensure that everyone’s score match each others.

Like I said I am new and have tried this game for a week or so, so these are my issues with the game. The space ships designs are cool but like I said there are some serious flaws with the scoring system and please give me advice how to adjust the game to allow for better targeting accuracy. Also one more thing, what is the expert controls used for and what is free mouse aiming?

What you need is practice. Plain and simple. There are plenty of videos with gameplay in youtube, you can try and watch some of them to see how people move the aim reticle.

You can check my own channel if you want, but most of my gameplay is with interceptors and fast fighters so maybe you will get a bit dizzy.

www.youtube.com/user/EvisceradorSC2

Hi guys, my father (Savij) and family forbid me to use aimbooster.com due to legal reasons. I usually listen to my Dad’'s advice, but thanks for the advice anyway. I just got 2nd place in a Tier 1 PVE mission so I broke the spell for a while without using aimbooster.com . Like I said more youtube vids without any editing to the vid would help people get better, especially newbies like me.

Error, please try and make time for the community, we appreciate this game a lot and my friends at cybercafés tell me that the targeting experience is the same for some of them. Better optimization for older pcs is needed they say, so I just tell you what they tell me. Thanks a lot for the time, glad to see the community is trying to help each other and that devs and media moderators pay attention to these issues.

Dude, I don’t know how old are you or if you bothered to enter aimbooster.com, becuase it’s not an illegal page, it’s not a cheating program or anything like that, it’s a game-like page where you have different training “minigames” to imrpove your aiming skills just by practice.

I even took the time to make screenshots in case your dad is still skeptical about this page…

Ybkq33Z.png

290Xn8E.png

YoW8Pv2.png

these programs help you increase your dexterity with the mouse, and are helpful also besides gaming, on any computer task; the mouse is a tool, you have to exercise it and it will get better.

in SC particularly, to increase your aim, you might also want to improve your movement. moving the ship, to help you aiming, knowing that your movement is going to change your projectiles vector, and learning how different ships move and defend themselves, by flying them also improves your skills there. if you start to “know your ship”, you will notice big improvements fast.

basic aiming on the screen alone might give you the edge in a dogfight, but ultimately you can compensate less aiming skills with team work. use weapons where you already hit a bit, and improve them. dont go for weapons, which need a lot of aiming and timing at the same time like a shrapnel, first; if you have a hard time, use it early, when you are concentrated, and later, when you are warmed up, but always only if you have positive morale.

some people are better this early. you seem to be younger, so the good news is, you still have the potential to acquire these skills. don’t measure yourself too much with your dad, instead, work together and try to teach each other, that is the strength of community. watch each other play. you will discover that there are many other skills involved, than aiming, and you can master all of them.

it helps to delibaretly use a ship once in a while (you got 3 slots anyway from the start, and get a fourth at rank 12) where you are still struggling, and on the other hand, use another, where you feel already safe.

i am often first on the leaderboard with only 2 kills myself; it is somewhat of a standard pvp thing, since i usually play a lot of support ships to help the team win. who cares about the numbers, if you feel you worked for a victory and won? good luck.

I never got any better in aiming even after 5k games. Too bad…what helped me was the mouse sensitivity. U can change it so that it is lower or higher, just test out what u like best. U can change it in settings.

First check your PC hardware. Just because you can run the game on medium graphics doesn’t mean you should.

Before doing anything else, make sure you haven’t accidentally capped your frames. If the option “Limit Active Game Window FPS” has the slider anywhere other than unlimited, that could be your problem.

If that isn’t it, then selecting a lower resolution is a good place to start, like 1024 x768 . Also try selecting the display mode “Windowed (full-screen stretch)”.

The most performance heavy settings that you might consider turning off or reducing to boost your framerate are:

V-sync ← I have never had a game where having V-sync active helped in any way.

Lens Flares

Shader Quality - Low  <-This option was killing my old GTO 7900. Turning it down made the game playable.

Shadows - Low

You can also sacrifice Antialiasing and Antisotropic filtering slowly if you still aren’t seeing an improvement in gameplay.

I’ve got a Sapphire Radeon HD 6970, and I’m having only a little trouble running the game at maximum. Since yours is quite a bit older, I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of your issues are from your game settings.

A- my best so far… I’m afraid it’s not good enough…

Anyone else? :slight_smile:

Good aiming ivolve first of all mouse, tracking, pad and right amount of dpi. So i highly recommend Reposter to try the game nightmare posted or go to http://www.aimbooster.com/   and select challenge and focus to mouse paarmeters till you get into the 40-50 aimbooster score area :wink:

c2Hkn3M.jpg

Deck Cheney… rly?

On topic:

I have a 144hz monitor, good graphic card and low lag, that helps a lot. Other than that I play many FPS games as a sniper seeking for headshot.

For this game, have you tried long range frigate? I started as a LRF first, played about 500 battles before moving into interceptors. You really have to predict their movement by shooting ahead.

Although I don’t play any PVP now, you can check out some of my previous fighting videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn9c6r-DEcx_AQ2RywUbEJQ/videos

NOt so far then :smiley:

Let’s wait for takamina screenshot :wink:

i1023025_Immagine.jpg

I’m still not getting what he thinks is hard about the aiming system…you point a crosshair at a circle.

Now if he is using beams then you must hit almost exactly on the target or else you will not do any damage. 

Also, press F11 in battle to see your ping and if there is any packet loss - if there is, it will say for example: Loss: 5%.

Ping is unfortunately due to location and servers, and I have to deal with 350ms ping most of the time. I use beams a lot - and I can hit quite well with them, it is just a bit of practice and mouse configuration settings. 

Packet loss on the other hand makes things “skip” around and “teleport” which makes it harder to hit your target.

OK I tried that game and thought you had to hit in the bull’s eye all the time XD

11146538_431699823668351_249037574545320

just did a quick one

bk9xhUy.png

Back on topic: There’s a number of ways to get better at aiming, like aimbooster or osu, but it seems your dad doesn’t particularly like the sound of those. Those are only really helpful for getting mouse movements down, anyways. If your hand jitters around a lot, I’d recommend finding something similar to those that your dad doesn’t forbid you from.

Of course, all the aimbooster and osu in the world isn’t going to help you if you still don’t know how to aim. There’s a couple ways to practice in game.

First, try playing some PvE. Shoot at the stationary targets while flying past them. It’s a bit harder than it sounds, because you have to compensate a bit.

Once you’ve got that down, try shooting some of the bots. They tend to move in straight lines, only dodging a bit. That little circle that shows up when you lock on to a target is really helpful, here. If you can’t hit them while dodging, that’s perfectly alright.

Now, once you get that, move up to do some PvP. If that’s what you want to play, that is. Just apply the knowledge of how to shoot something moving in a straight line. If anybody tries to dodge, see if you can find a pattern, and try to hit them.

And… that’s it. Aiming isn’t complicated, but it is hard, sometimes.

Any “how to get better at aiming” must start from proper setting up a mouse for gaming (not gaming mouse, but actual OS settings for any mouse)

I think I’m a bit too careful :/ 

0RkQntC.png

btw turn “mouse acceleration” off it helpes a lot when aiming

To do it go to:

Control Panel>>Mouse>>Pointer Options>>Un-check “Enhance pointer precision”

Got a lot of B and B- but never an A. Wtf, man, how !?

Got a lot of B and B- but never an A. Wtf, man, how !?

i think that the rank you get in that game is chosen randomly :stuck_out_tongue:

To do it go to:

Another step includethis.

To do it go to:

Kind of ironic that “enhance pointer precision” makes precision pointer usage impossible.

Hi Guys, wow some of your advice paid off somehow, i changed graphics options and messed around with sensitivity and even shut off the windows mouse enchancer option. I actually got first place for once in the PVE game mode! Please note that I did not try Osu and aimbooster.com to help me in this endeavour. I try and upload the score screen to show you guys, can someone teach me how to upload?

I am glad I got first at least once in a PVE game, and my Dad was glad I did not use Osu or aimbooster.com to do it. But thanks for everything, it makes me feel so good!

Just so you know Osu and aimbooster are not hacks for this game or cheats of any kind. They are simply a more accessible PRACTICE mode for aiming skills. You can of course play Star Conflict a lot too, but shooting bots may not improve you aim as fast ;p