How to get better at aiming?

Hi guys, I just started this game and notice I have some points problems. Usually I am the lowest score if i play with people I know. The problem is i have a lot of problems aligning a target into my gun sights. I would appreciate it if you could give some tips with regards to game settings and mouse sensitivity to get better at this game, thanks in advance for any help.

I am using better ships then some people I know who just started and still they get better kill score then me. I am using a Sapphire HD5450 graphic card and running the game at medium after some experimenting. One other issue is I have noticed is that 99% of the time when i combine fire at a critical target, I do not get the Kill score? It is always someone else getting the final registered kill and score, this is something that needs fixing. Ideally the game system should balance out the score distribution to ensure that everyone’s score match each others.

Like I said I am new and have tried this game for a week or so, so these are my issues with the game. The space ships designs are cool but like I said there are some serious flaws with the scoring system and please give me advice how to adjust the game to allow for better targeting accuracy. Also one more thing, what is the expert controls used for and what is free mouse aiming?

Some people use a game called Osu

Need more feedback, yeah alex did not offer anything useful.

Osu is a game, wich is good for target practise. I never used it but from what i saw, it makes sense to train with that.

All in all, from what i’ve read, you just need practise, so just play. Experiment with your sensitivity, find your sweet spot.

You know the argument “better ships” is worth nothing because the ship is only as good as you play it.

Regarding only getting assists. Upgrade you weapons; you should always do that as fast as possible, since this is your tool to make kills.

Also, understand that killing is not the most important thing. The most important thing is to win, if that requires you to die alot or only get assist then that is how it is.

I would recommend to stick to T1/2 when you want to learn aming and always make sure that you lock on a target before you shoot at it.

I would recommend to stick to T1/2 when you want to learn aming and always make sure that you lock on a target before you shoot at it.

Ok guys, thanks for the tips. Error sounds right but I do not know if I can make it in tier 2 or 3 and above? Getting some jitters but more pro advice would help, thanks for the reply anyway.

Reducing the resolution of the game should help you aim better.  I always had really bad aim because of my FPS, until I reduced the resolution.  Now it is all a lot better.

The other thing you an do is fiddle with your mouse’s sensitivity.

Ok guys, thanks for the tips. Error sounds right but I do not know if I can make it in tier 2 or 3 and above? Getting some jitters but more pro advice would help, thanks for the reply anyway.

It is best to stay in a lower Tier until you feel that you do decent in your battles.

Reducing the resolution of the game should help you aim better.  I always had really bad aim because of my FPS, until I reduced the resolution.

I hope it’s only because you have better framerate… If it’s easier to hit on low rez due to game’s mechanics setting, there’s a huge problem here.

OT : you really need practice :stuck_out_tongue: Stay on lower tier for a bit, where the ships are not that fast, and move on when you’ll be more confident.

Stick with the same loadout, you’ll get acustomed to it and won’t be so dependent of the aiming reticle. And reduce your spread if the weapon is heavily spread dependent (rk 2 implant and/ or aiming CPU).

I hope it’s only because you have better framerate… If it’s easier to hit on low rez due to game’s mechanics setting, there’s a huge problem here.

Yes, sorry if I was not clear, I have better frame rate (30-40 instead of <20) which REALLY helped me.  I don’t know if the OP is suffering from this issue since he is playing the game on medium settings, but it is just somethign that he could try.

Moon Breakers, a game on Steam, is also great to amp your aiming skills, as you don’t get an aiming reticule for targets.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by aligning a target with your gun sights… There is a lead indicator attached to the enemy ship if you have locked on (default R) and you point your crosshair at it - you don’t have to point the centre of your screen at that. If you have trouble seeing it, change the colours to bright green or pink in settings - HUD.

To lock a ship, you move crosshair over ship, press R or start shooting. The lead indicator appears and you must shoot there or you will miss most of the time. If you find that your crosshair is too slow, increase mouse sensitivity. If it moves too fast, decrease it. Small ships do move fast so you have to move your mouse fast - try different mouse grips.

As for kills - I think there is a bonus for kills but you also get a large percentage of points depending how much damage you deal. You also get a lot of points for capturing beacons. You get double points for enemy ships that are attacking your beacons or captain.

Expert mode locks how far the camera moves - try it and see, if you don’t like it, change it back to basic. I prefer basic mode. 

Free mouse aim lets you look around your ship and shoot stuff without turning your ship. You hold the key down to do this. Note that when you let the key go, your ship will turn to that direction your camera is looking.

Hi Guys tried some of the advice, still having aim issues. My family members tell me that they get easier aim when they play with me, suggest that the AI is bugged or something… so I don’t know any other tips?

Hi Guys tried some of the advice, still having aim issues. My family members tell me that they get easier aim when they play with me, suggest that the AI is bugged or something… so I don’t know any other tips?

The AI is the same for everyone, if it was bugged the other members would have the same problem.

Did you make sure that you are in fire range before you shot?

Hi Error, friends and family made the conclusion with me, I tried this game at a Singapore Cybercafe and they experimented. We in Singapore know something is wrong but need dev help, perhaps you could make a youtube video showing how to get better? We need you to give an account name for youtube that is under your name “Error”, that would help us learn from the devs if something is being done wrongly by us, but if we cannot comprehend or get better we need something change technically in points and system.

try this game 

http://www.k2xl.com/games/reaction/shoot/

Hi Nightmare8182, my father (Savij) say I cannot try that game, he want me to help him understand what problems I have with this game and how to give suggestions to the devs in a way that is not offensive but productive to people. The Russian and European gaming laws say that Pegi 12 means online experience must be good for children especially, and adults should enjoy it as well.

Thank you for suggestion but I do quite well in Quake Live against the “my skill” bot, so people say my targeting skills should not be that bad for in this game. Savij suggest that I say something so I told him the targeting system is not user friendly for some people like me and that points system is strange and might be bugged for my computers in Singapore. He is quite busy and sometimes use accounts with different name that I am not fully aware of as part of his cyber guardianship job.

I hope Error can make an effective video with his/her account to show people how to reasonably get better without cheating, or perhaps technical data needs changing per se.

Hi Nightmare8182, my father (Savij) say I cannot try that game, he want me to help him understand what problems I have with this game and how to give suggestions to the devs in a way that is not offensive but productive to people. The Russian and European gaming laws say that Pegi 12 means online experience must be good for children especially, and adults should enjoy it as well.

Thank you for suggestion but I do quite well in Quake Live against the “my skill” bot, so people say my targeting skills should not be that bad for in this game. Savij suggest that I say something so I told him the targeting system is not user friendly for some people like me and that points system is strange and might be bugged for my computers in Singapore. He is quite busy and sometimes use accounts with different name that I am not fully aware of as part of his cyber guardianship job.

I hope Error can make an effective video with his/her account to show people how to reasonably get better without cheating, or perhaps technical data needs changing per se.

I will take a look on your gameplay, but I am afraid that I will not be able to create a video due to time and internet limitations.

try this game 

http://www.k2xl.com/games/reaction/shoot/

A- my best so far… I’m afraid it’s not good enough…

Anyone else? :slight_smile:

Good aiming ivolve first of all mouse, tracking, pad and right amount of dpi. So i highly recommend Reposter to try the game nightmare posted or go to http://www.aimbooster.com/   and select challenge and focus to mouse paarmeters till you get into the 40-50 aimbooster score area :wink:

A- my best so far… I’m afraid it’s not good enough…

Anyone else? :slight_smile:

Good aiming ivolve first of all mouse, tracking, pad and right amount of dpi. So i highly recommend Reposter to try the game nightmare posted or go to http://www.aimbooster.com/   and select challenge and focus to mouse paarmeters till you get into the 40-50 aimbooster score area :wink:

my best so far is C+   :006j: