Slow plasma gun

guided missiles

3x strafe

1x EB

1x thermal 1x EM

1x energy hull

1x proton wall 1x infrared

just a guess

Most likely 2 proton walls. He doesn’t like to be killed.

Also on actives I expect orion and 3 survivability modules. Shield booster, repair kit and flares.

You can play tier 4 and meet him. Or you can just ask him. He usually shares his builds. But it should be easy to replicate. Just fit all strafe you can (he had like 80 rotation) passive resists (no adaptives) and range + critical damage.

I’ve been testing the new plasma gun and it is quite good. Against interceptors is better than the RF blaster. Even with the supernova ammo.

Nodachi A

Slow plasma gun

guided missiles

3x strafe

1x EB

1x thermal 1x EM

1x energy hull

just a guess

Most likely 2 proton walls. He doesn’t like to be killed.

Also on actives I expect orion and 3 survivability modules. Shield booster, repair kit and flares.

He’s using adaptive shields and galva for hull. Only 1 Proton and Orion-W Noise-Shield-Hull

He’s using adaptive shields and galva for hull. Only 1 Proton and Orion-W Noise-Shield-Hull

So shield is just a buffer and the moment he reaches hull turns and run back under two adaptives + galva. Not my piece of cake, but it is effective.

we play with our feet

I play with my feet.

I use my foot pedal for vertical rotation.

Nodachi A

Slow plasma gun

guided missiles

3x strafe

1x EB

1x thermal 1x EM

1x energy hull

just a guess

Interesting… Already tried something like that on the Grey Falcon with 365 strafe speed… Was great in pve… but had a horrible in match in pvp… :01111:

Interesting… Already tried something like that on the Grey Falcon with 340 strafe speed… Was great in pve… but had a horrible in match in pvp… :01111:

Well, knowing a build and using well a build are two different things.

You can play tier 4 and meet him. Or you can just ask him. He usually shares his builds. But it should be easy to replicate. Just fit all strafe you can (he had like 80 rotation) passive resists (no adaptives) and range + critical damage.

I’ve been testing the new plasma gun and it is quite good. Against interceptors is better than the RF blaster. Even with the supernova ammo.

he uses adaptives, you hit the adaptive limit when at full strafe speed for some reason

he uses adaptives, you hit the adaptive limit when at full strafe speed for some reason

Adaptives don’t specify which direction your speed has to be. As long as you are going 110% of the speed listed, adaptives will activate. I’ve been able to activate adaptives with only 1 inertial stabilizer, but that was using a combo of forward speed and strafe speed. (vectors FTW… physics if paying off…)

Adaptives don’t specify which direction your speed has to be. As long as you are going 110% of the speed listed, adaptives will activate. I’ve been able to activate adaptives with only 1 inertial stabilizer, but that was using a combo of forward speed and strafe speed. (vectors FTW… physics if paying off…)

That is not new. Going forwards and with strafe in one direction keep the adaptives online. It is one of the first lessons to learn in interceptor duels.

Maybe with such strafe speed and using strafe in two directions you can get a true strafe speed of over your max speed. I have to test it.

That is not new. Going forwards and with strafe in one direction keep the adaptives online. It is one of the first lessons to learn in interceptor duels.

Maybe with such strafe speed and using strafe in two directions you can get a true strafe speed of over your max speed. I have to test it.

Yeah, you can press ‘d/a’ ‘space’ and ‘shift’ and your adaptives will activate (with one inertial stabilizer). I use this on my grey falcon all the time.

It won’t show you the actual speed, but I feel like you could easily get your strafe speed higher than your max speed using vectors.

Yeah, you can press ‘d/a’ ‘space’ and ‘shift’ and your adaptives will activate (with one inertial stabilizer). I use this on my grey falcon all the time.

It won’t show you the actual speed, but I feel like you could easily get your strafe speed higher than your max speed using vectors.

Try this out :slight_smile:

I tested it with him and it actually works.  I had a 700 m/s ship flying in a straight line, and he beat me to the warp gate with this method.

Not sure if it’s very viable in PVP though!  :005j:

Removed by Author 

Try this out :slight_smile:

I tested it with him and it actually works. I had a 700 m/s ship flying in a straight line, and he beat me to the warp gate with this method.

Not sure if it’s very viable in PVP though! :005j:

Psst dont show them xD

I knew about this, it’s the same on counter strike when going forward+side you go at speed between forward speed and strafe…for example you have 700m/s for ward and 300 strafe you’l go at 850m/s

Removed by Author 

I’d guess it’s probably simple vector addition… e.g.

700 forward + 420 sideways = 816

700 forward + 300 sideways = 762

400 forward + 400 sideways = 565

Then there’s also additionally up/down “strafe” (Spacebar/Alt).

700 forward + 300 strafe= 850m/s

400 forward + 400 strafe = 600m/s

400m/s is the strafe cap speed

to get the max speed as possible you need to hold forward and keep clicking strafe fast

700 forward + 300 strafe= 850m/s

400 forward + 400 strafe = 600m/s

400m/s is the strafe cap speed

to get the max speed as possible you need to hold forward and keep clicking strafe fast

u wot m8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem

u wot m8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem

aah that’s how it is…sry for disinformation then  :fed014:

Maths… Who needs em XD

(well I do because I’m studying to be an engineer…)

Maths… Who needs em XD

(well I do because I’m studying to be an engineer…)

idk but 2+2x2=8

idk but 2+2x2=8

2+2x2=2+4=6 :wink: