Hive Spec Mod need some love.(Thar'Ga ability)

I think the hullpoints leech cost, should be reduced to the crystal predator cost, 1215. At the moment it’s more or less half the hp of a r9 and 1/3 to 1/4 of a rank 15.(2.3k+ leech)

-A timer timer icon to be able to use the most of it and recall them at the last second for heals.

-Or make them heal you even if you dont call them back.(activation time got on cooldown, you get healed anyway). Or healed with a lesser effect. Like 2k hp heal instead of the 3k+ if you deactivate it yourself.

-Could leave it as it is, but increase the damage or RoF. A bit scared it would make it too powerful though.

I know someone could decide to go hull point buff modifiers to counter the leech, but that means no Ellydium module.

Hive really powerful already. More powerful then a crystal hunger.

The self damage is high, but it’s heavily compensated by the healing, which is fast enough to help you survive one or two thar kth shot. Don’t forget the hive is the only module with a nearly instant self heal and that doesn’t requires an enemy.

It’s more effective then a repair kit and have only 30 seconds cooldown. With just hive you can easily forget about matter absorber and have no problem about hull repair.

That’s something that only hive can do.

7 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Hive really powerful already. More powerful then a crystal hunger.

The self damage is high, but it’s heavily compensated by the healing, which is fast enough to help you survive one or two thar kth shot. Don’t forget the hive is the only module with a nearly instant self heal and that doesn’t requires an enemy.

It’s more effective then a repair kit and have only 30 seconds cooldown. With just hive you can easily forget about matter absorber and have no problem about hull repair.

That’s something that only hive can do.

Good points. But still can’t be used if you have 1/4 of your hp left. Which no other spec mods Ellydium or not, does.

What do you think about it fully or healed with a lesser effect if you dont recall them yourself.

If not that, Having a timer to know when to call back. Without losing too much of it’s dps.(7 secondes goes fast in a dogfight)

They should auto-heal without being manually recalled. That seems like a design flaw that they don’t.

Yesterday i forgot to mention that they nerfed hp nodes. So now after-nerf. The proportion leech/total hp is bad.

And much more noticable than Crystal predator. The others are under 900hp leech so doesn’t really matter compared 2.5k. So maybe it was not intended for it to only be used at over 1/4 of your hp.

The manual self heal seems good IMO. Because it adds some counter plays such as ECMs.

And like I said before, hive may do 2k self damage, but it also have 5k self heal.

7 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

The manual self heal seems good IMO. Because it adds some counter plays such as ECMs.

And like I said before, hive may do 2k self damage, but it also have 5k self heal.

So it’s fine as it is?! Nothing is wrong with not being able to use it with 1/4 or 1/3hp leave you 1 hit from death.

I also never asked to remove the abilty to self heal

I made a new build just for it, hp oriented. It’s works better now. But something came up the other day.

I was in Ellydium Base (r7 zone) downed a pirate interceptor hp by 1/4, pooped the drones and they barely took out another 1/3 of it’s hp. Their beam tracking at 1km or less is really lame. The pirate only strafed 2 times of a few meters and i wasn’t moving. Pretty much the same on empire style fighter bots but more hits landed. So i think it need better tracking, maybe like the bots in r12 coop.