Hey! New player here with some questions

Hey guys!
New player here, i absolutely love the game this far, for the suggestions part which i more or less always have i posted it on there, but on here, i feel like asking some questions, Apologiez if its on the wrong section.

Here we go…:

-Do u guys think this will be a awesome success(which i think), or will it be something that drops within a week?

-Is the game about what it will be or will ALOT be improved, ur opinions?

And right now thats about it, if i get more questions i will post them here, or if it goes a longer time, i will post another thread.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Xariez

1. I would not call something with max 2k users online an awesome success. Every game could be improved a lot, but is it really worth it?

2. It feels like this game dont know what it want to be. It calls it self an MMO,  but it dont feel like it is. It could have been skill based action game, but gear plays a decent roll in who is better and who isn’t. When playing this game it feels like some sort of arcade game… multiplayer arcade game. They could make it to be more fun.  :Dwop

They promised open world, gigantic ships, battles for resources, a good mod upgrading system, tournaments, deep customization, and several other things.

If you refer to great succes as to getting 12M players, then no. But if devs manage to complete half the things they promised, this could be a solid title with a great fanbase and community. Right now is in the good way, and the game is technicaly great considering we are talking about beta.

It has the greatest potential I’ve seen in ages. Only time will tell, but I hope for the best for this game.

True, but we should all remember its in beta, right?

They promised open world, gigantic ships, battles for resources, a good mod upgrading system, tournaments, deep customization, and several other things.

Politicians in my country promise a lot of things as well.  :lol:

True, but we should all remember its in beta, right?

Yes, but at the same time we should remember, that the game is operating as a finished product, selling on steam, and selling microtransactions.(but i could very well be wrong, as i dont clearly know definiton of “beta” and “released product”)

Sorry for offtopic and bi**ing around, I just felt an urge to mention these things.

Yes, but at the same time we should remember, that the game is operating as a finished product, selling on steam, and selling microtransactions.(but i could very well be wrong, as i dont clearly know definiton of “beta” and “released product”)

Sorry for offtopic and bi**ing around, I just felt an urge to mention these things.

This is one of the major problems with the game. If it was still in closed beta, I wouldn’t be as worried. 

However they are changing things like it is still in closed beta. IE: major changes to match making, adjustments to economy, etc. 

there are many things that are ‘right’ with the game. but they are currently over-shadowed by the many things that are ‘wrong’ with the game. 

Despite the many flaws, the game is still fun. it’s action packed. the controls are fluid, for the most part. and the things that are wrong can be corrected. 

1). In its current state, no. The game will not do well. There are too many issues with core components. I could go into this, but this isn’t the best place for it and i’m not quite ready to make this post. I’m still experiencing aspects of the game, and my thoughts on the matter are not yet organized. 

1. a lot of things have been said. but really, I certainly hope there are many changes coming. mostly related to MMing and ship balancing. More game modes have been promised, as well as better definition of ship roles. These are the major changes i’m aware of. some of the older vets will likely know more. 

True, to everyone that say this.
Just…if a game is in beta, it isnt 100% done, so we should all keep in mind, i hope it doesn’t appear like a game like APB Reloaded though, where the admins just doesn’t give a xxxx about anything

True, to everyone that say this.

Just…if a game is in beta, it isnt 100% done, so we should all keep in mind, i hope it doesn’t appear like a game like APB Reloaded though, where the admins just doesn’t give a xxxx about anything

Well they for sure don’t give a xxxx about communitys opinion alteast looking at the last 3-4 patches…

Well they for sure don’t give a xxxx about communitys opinion alteast looking at the last 3-4 patches…

Keep in mind that the devs aren’t based in the US, and I’m pretty sure are russian. 

Also things take time. We had a MMing change the week the poll finished. however it is impossible for them to have implemented that feedback into that patch. They probably just rolled out w/e change they had been working on for the last couple weeks. 

For every piece of feedback we give, there is a development cycle. IE: 1) team looks at feedback and determines what is useful and what is not useful 2) a different team translates that feedback 3) that feedback is looked at by the devs and/or marketinng 4) there is a meeting to decide what feedback should be implemented, what’s important, etc. 5) that feedback is coded into the game 6) initial testing of that feedback occurs 7) feedback loop 8) changes are rolled out onto live servers. 

This process doesn’t happen overnight. it probably doesn’t happen within the span of a week. keep this in mind. A lot of the stuff I saw in the suggestion forums are just now starting to come up in the dev Q&As and official communication from the devs. things like dreadnaughts, etc. so from my perspective its happening, it’s just very slow. This is common for ‘international’ betas.

I’m not sure if there is a russian sub-forum, or a main forum for the players in Russia. I haven’t seen it (but i haven’t looked for it either) but the dev’s could be more active over there. communication would certainly be easier. we dont’ have any way of knowing what the russian players are saying, or what their main concerns are. we also dont’ know if they want the core playerbase to be US, Russia, etc. these are important things to know. 

As an example, I’m also Beta testing FFXIV:ARR. It takes about a week to get a response from the devs. sometimes sooner if its a hot topic on the japanese forums as well. (IE, they already have an official response) and this is very fast IMO. especially since it’s going from english=>japanese=>english.

SE has also stated, or implied, that they are restructuring and will also be focusing more on the western market. Their Core IP hasn’t been doing well (FFXIII, Dragon Quest, etc.) but subsidiary IP has been doing better in comparison (Tomb Raider, Hitman, etc.) so it’s clear what they want. and what kind of feedback can be very meaningful

but Square-Enix is a major company. Gaijin is more or less an Indy studio. 

For many american studios, the devs are also gamers themselves (IE: Riot is a good example). that’s not always the case for international companies. understanding how they do business helps understand why they do certain things. this is one reason US studios have been doing very very well in the last couple of years. They already know what the customer wants. they dont’ have to ask, because they also play and enjoy gaming. 

US studios also understand the importance of transparency. (or at least faking it very well) the rest of the world is still catching up to that way of doing business. Riot employees are encouraged to post on the forums. but they post as themselves, and can give their opinions (to a degree). compared to the Square Enix forums, where there is a lot of developer activity, but everything they say is ‘official comments,’ very formal, and not really opinions. 

Also, if you look through the developer blog, and answers from the devs sections, there is a huge period of inactivity. namely November is the last Q&A for the devs. so what happened between now and then? did the servers go down because that was the end of closed beta? did the company get purchased and are now under new management? the Q&A posts seemed to be happening every couple of weeks. but now none in months? 

things to keep in mind. i’m not saying one thing or the other. mainly because i have no clue. but really I don’t see the devs as being impartial or uncaring. just limited in availability. 

so post feedback on the suggestion forums. join in discussions you find interesting. that’s the best thing you can do to help improve the overall health of the game. 

Okay. Good to know.

Im still unsure though, is it worth putting time into the game, or is it just a game that will soon fall and thats not worth putting time to? :slight_smile:

That’s up to you to decide, haha. 

Right now, I’d say the game will likely be very niche/fail. there’s just too much that needs fixed to make it viable in the US market. 

Play for a bit. maybe come back. If you’re looking for a game to invest in, I’d suggest checking out Warframe. it’s fully co-op with no PvP, but the game is in a very good position to succeed. it’s fun, free, and the pay options actually make sense. it can be played casually and you can still make good progress. there is a bit of a grind. but it’s not terrible. 

League of Legends is also a good free game, but it’s pretty much PvP only. the AI bots are not bad, especially for newer players. but once you cross the learning curve they get very predictable. find a community group to play with, though. the overall community of the game is bad. There’s a group called ‘newbie tuesday’ or something like that. they get together and vet players coach newer players and create a ‘happy’ atmosphere so you can enjoy the game without the trolls. 

the market overall is very healthy for free games. so you’ve got a lot to choose from. just depends on what you are looking for. 

Im still unsure though, is it worth putting time into the game, or is it just a game that will soon fall and thats not worth putting time to? :slight_smile:

Bottom line: Its fun to fly ships, and blow up other ships.  :yes_yes:

if you really enjoy the game then keep playing :slight_smile: the devs do listen and have made alot of changes based on player requests. dont let the bums who get banned tell you otherwise.

it may not be the success it could be. but its free. so play it a while and watch where it goes.

if you really enjoy the game then keep playing :slight_smile: the devs do listen and have made alot of changes based on player requests. dont let the bums who get banned tell you otherwise.

it may not be the success it could be. but its free. so play it a while and watch where it goes.

Yeah last 3-4 patches show they clearly do listen!

Owait…

Been playing a few months.  

The meta game has had its ups and downs.  

But the main game is awesome fun.  
We’re all here bitching because its worth the effort.  

Im not gonna multiquote all of u guys, but im gonna say, great replies all of u.

Im alredy playing LoL, but thats another story.
Also, i’ll check out warframe, it actually sounds quite interesting now of that u just say it.

Once again, thanks everyone for ur replies, and i guess i’ll just see where this goes,

Do anyone here know a game though, thats like for example this, or even Eve online? Since i got a urge for those games atm :slight_smile:

At the moment there are not too many good dogfighting-space-games out for multiplayer.

but i would suggest you trying out egosoft’s “X” series. it’s singleplayer, if you like - but it’s good.

Next year Star Citizen will come, hopefully. It seems to be huge.

For myself I will stay at this game for a while and I’m looking forward for the things that will come, like sector-fights and dreadnought-battles.

Okay! :slight_smile:

This is just holding me back until star citizen comes out. Star citizen I believe will redefine the PC gaming industry, if not the entire industry as well. From what I understand there is a 70 percent chance this game will fail, which is sad considering how much potential it has.

Btw, bacon.

Yeah last 3-4 patches show they clearly do listen!

Owait…

Dude have you noticed that the only things you post on these forums are…

> Devs suck

> Game sucks

> Other corps suck

> How great you and your suggestions are.

See the pattern here? If you are so great and everything here is wrong then cowboy put your hands to some good use and make us all proud of you by programming a space shooter with mmo / rpg components the right way.