Help with Jericho LRFs

Tillo is a positron ACE so he is quite handy will destroying just about anything with it.    For some of us less capable like myself I prefer COILs and use the 3 over Herizon module for extended range. 

So not only can I torp a beacon long range I can then follow up with main guns.  

Problems with coils and long range is the xxxx projectile speed. You are not hitting even frigates further than 4 k.

Positrons are way better.

Shush b4 n00bs follow pros’ example and then devs screw mess up positrons like they did with the inty shotgun.

It’s just example…

I use GPU!

Mauler>InquiAE

I see how it is Tillo. You give me an inefficient build that way you can destroy me EVEN easy.

Yep, Tillo spotted. Shame on you Tillo.

Use main guns.

Use guided torp only with tachyon.

That’s all.

I still feel that WO has its value for JLRFs. Not as high as Tachyon, that I’ll definitely agree.

Try this:

yfqaetJ.jpg

so you don’t respect me? 

anyway I know! That guy is awesome!

Me does not know how to use EM scattering with JLFRs, since I strafe a bit too much. My Ira Deus is mainly for medium range fire support (I run HBs and EM torps) so the enemies know where I am anyway. 

Me does not know how to use EM scattering with JLFRs, since I strafe a bit too much. My Ira Deus is mainly for medium range fire support (I run HBs and EM torps) so the enemies know where I am anyway. 

Imo Ira Deus doesn’t need EM scattering field at all. If you look at the passive bonuses, the ship is telling you to use it in a closer range, with extra strafe and rotation. I used it a couple of times and it was very fun to use. 

But you need always Engineer support or you will blow relativelly fast… 

EM Scatter with the added bonus to rotation allows you to hardly be noticed if you got plenty of mates around. Meanwhile you turn and melt opponents very quickly with a heavy, short-range beam.

Imo Ira Deus doesn’t need EM scattering field at all. If you look at the passive bonuses, the ship is telling you to use it in a closer range, with extra strafe and rotation. I used it a couple of times and it was very fun to use. 

But you need always Engineer support or you will blow relativelly fast… 

Indeed. The bonus is really sweet for a brawling gunship, though due to how fragile it is I usually keep a safe distance and duck in and out of cover, and dash in if need be to capture beacons and stuff.

EM Scatter with the added bonus to rotation allows you to hardly be noticed if you got plenty of mates around. Meanwhile you turn and melt opponents very quickly with a heavy, short-range beam.

I’m not worried about being spotted actually. I always try to frigball when I’m in an LRF. 

Just a quick and rather minor question: does the reverse thrusters allow you to earn Thud! medals?

I’ve heard that you can’t crash with reverse thrusters. It seems to be OP.

I’ve heard that you can’t crash with reverse thrusters. It seems to be OP.

You can’t, but you also stops in the first object you find, so I have found people back jumping about 200 m into the asteroid they had behind. Then you can kill them easy.

Why would you camp in front of an asteroid? Hardest place to flee from.

Why would you camp in front of an asteroid? Hardest place to flee from.

You shall not underestimate the lack of surrounding awareness of the random player…

But a good player will use it carefully. Just have to look backward, and you’re safe. 

Good player? >.<

I saw them in J-LRF… after using it under cloak they stay in middle of nowhere allowing enemy to do whatever they want :smiley:

use the openworld backwards warp for maximum enemy team fustration

I try TC and it seems pretty useless to me.

1.) Does not increase turn rate. I am going 2x as fast but turning doesn’t increase as well. Sure I can get to the vicinity of the enemy quicker but if I can’t make that turn around that rock it doesn’t matter.

2.) Decreases time available to make decisions about who to target. Target suddenly becomes unreachable so I look for another target. Missile fuel is already gone…

3.) Decreases time available to detonate while enemy is in radius. Enemy interceptor is 9000 meters away and head toward me at 500+ m/s and my missile is speeding ahead at 1400m/s. You see the “1” pop up telling you that enemy is inside radius. You press F but missile is already 1000+ past the enemy ship.

4.) Cooldown of TC is longer than cooldown of Special Module. This problem doesn’t matter if you are going long distance.

TC needs some practice. Try playing with 300+ ping and you’ll automatically rely more on your instincts than the number.

As for the turn rate… that’s why I still use WO along with TC.

TC is necessary, because you don’t want to spend time in torp mode. You want to pewpewpew with your positrons and when it overheats or the target gets behind cover, you launch your express torp.

What’s WO?

Weapon Overcharge.

TC needs some practice. Try playing with 300+ ping and you’ll automatically rely more on your instincts than the number.

As for the turn rate… that’s why I still use WO along with TC.

Please notice that the same torp cannot have both buffs. You either have a supercharged torp with WO or a faster torp with TC. You can’t have both. If you activate them at the same time, the second one will overwrite the first.

Weapon Overcharge.

Please notice that the same torp cannot have both buffs. You either have a supercharged torp with WO or a faster torp with TC. You can’t have both. If you activate them at the same time, the second one will overwrite the first.

Yeah, that’s why i was confused. Sadly they don’t work together. So WO is pretty much useless on Jerry.