HellFire Rocket Pod

A small suggestion in order to add a new craftable missile slot for all " NON ALIEN" Ships from rank 13 to 17.

A Rocket Pod with 2 possible Firing mechanics

• Fast Firing : By Simply Pressing once the “Fire missile Key-bind”, allowing the Pod to launch a single rocket.
  • Salvo Firing : By simply Pressing the “Fire Missile Key-bind” and Keeping the pressure up to 3 Seconds, allowing the Rocket Pod to charge up to 4 Rockets that will be launch when the “Key-bind” is released.

Once Fully Charged, releasing the Key-bind will fire the 4 Rockets sequentially in a couple of seconds. The Range is limited and since we are talking about Rockets, to prevent it to be too effective for ships able to prevent targets from Moving/Playing, Charging the Salvo will also add “Spread”.

Following the Game’s Interface for Missiles, it would be something like this :

HellFire Rocket Pod 17

Type : Rocket Pod

For ranks: 13-17

Issued for 1 battle

Blast (Thermal) : 2000 - 8000 dmg

Recharge : 3-12 seconds (Depending of the Size of the Salvo, 3 Seconds corresponding to 1 rocket / 12 seconds corresponding to a fully charged Salvo of 4 Rockets)

Explosion Radius : 75m

Flight Range : 3000m

Flight Speed : 2000m/s

Maneuvering Speed : 0° (They are Rockets)

Spread (From-To) : 0°-1.2°

Charges in Cartridge : 12

Cartridge Reloading time : 120 seconds

How is this Missile Slot impacted by Ranks 4 Implants?

Let’s have a bit of fun here, and let’s go for some new effects regarding this new tool :

• Alpha Inhibitor “Malleus” : No change regarding the Hellfire Rocket Pod, still increase the damage of Missile slot by 10%
  • Alpha Inhibitor “Sting” : Reduce Charging time by 30% (Full Charge in 2.1 Seconds; Making Each Additional rocket Charge time from 1 Second to 0.7 Seconds)
  • Alpha Inhibitor “RR-25” : Increase the Charge Capacity by 1, allowing to fire 5 Rockets in a Salvo, but Increase Charging time by 1 second, maximum Spread by 0.4° and Recharge by 3 seconds.

Miscellaneous

• NOT FOR ALIEN SHIPS : They already got enough stuff and would be unbalanced with their Missile Damage Bonus
  • FOR STANDARD SHIPS ONLY (Including Premiums / Object N18)
  • "FARIA MISSILE AMPLIFIER" DOES NOT APPLY on HELLFIRE Rocket Pod. (Because Duck this modifier, I’m still waiting the Inquisitor-S Missile Bonus to increase Missile Damage) and BECAUSE RECON ARE SUPPOSED TO DO RECON. NOT BEING COVERT OPS UNDER COVER! And Putting a Mustache and Fake Glasses on Them won’t do the trick !
  • EXPLOSIVE DAMAGE BONUS/PENALTY STILL APPLY (Interceptors receive less damage / Fighters receive standard Damage / Frigate receive amplified damage / Destroyer receive Rekt Damage)
  • HELLFIRE ROCKETS DEAL SELFDAMAGE (SO NO HUG ON THE TARGET)
  • ANTI MISSILE SHIELD AND ACTIVE MISSILE SHIELD DETONATE THE ROCKET / DOME MDS… Who use this thing anyway?

Me likey, forwarding it ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Given small rockets that we already have, I’d suggest the recharge be more like 1-8 seconds depending on how many are fired.

Right now I have about 1s recharge on my small missiles, so that makes sense.

4 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Given small rockets that we already have, I’d suggest the recharge be more like 1-8 seconds depending on how many are fired.

Right now I have about 1s recharge on my small missiles, so that makes sense.

That’s making sense for you because you consider Small EM/Piercing Missiles in your analyze.

It’s not supposed to be a Rapid Fire RocketPod, it’s supposed to be a Salvo Fire Rocket Pod.

2 hours ago, Rakza said:

That’s making sense for you because you consider Small EM/Piercing Missiles in your analyze.

It’s not supposed to be a Rapid Fire RocketPod, it’s supposed to be a Salvo Fire Rocket Pod.

Like Firestorm?

11 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Like Firestorm?

That the closest thing we have ingame, so yes.