Heavy Repair Drone - Issues: self-rotating Destroyer, collision damage, maneuvering issues

2je6839.png

This module is mostly hellishly annoying, it depends where you deploy it (camera view + mouse movement).

Sometimes it will interfere with the modules, (Tempest Launcher), it can affect maneuverability of the ship or its movement in general, it depends on the spawn zone for such a device.

If you got 2 or 3, then it may even be worse.

I advise you to simplify this module.

It should no longer spawn outside of the ship.

It should work passively and it should only heal a Destroyer. 300 meter range is practically useless, especially, if you got more damaged ships and you’re in need of repairs first.

If it has to be placed on the ship, it should be mounted on the ship’s hull. Small module (1-3) should appear somewhere, and it can also be damaged or destroyed. While it’s active, the module should emit a colorful glow.

I may upload a video later, just for demonstration.

Problem :

Fuse them with the hull need a specific slot for them on the ship. But when they made the current destroyers, they didn’t think of such a slot.

Also, a specific slot for drones mean that if you use shields, that slot is empty > wierd.

Agreed, perhaps making them like transparent or something would fix that issue.

I already reported this issue.

+1, Please no more running into things and stopping my Antares, Speed is Key.

Simply make them non collide-able.  They are fine placed wherever and yes people do heal on them but they are small radius for a reason - it’s not an engi.

Simply make them non collide-able.  They are fine placed wherever and yes people do heal on them but they are small radius for a reason - it’s not an engi.

They should be placed on Destroyer hull. Best solution!

They should be placed on Destroyer hull. Best solution!

Or simply flying around it. Like repair drones do… Or just as you stated being R2D2.

But not this additional collision model BS!