guided torps - wtf?

In last days there is soo much long range guided torps ship in every battle (between 3-6) and the game gets xxxx UNPLAYABLE with anyhting other than other long range ships.

its soo fuckiong stupid when u get 2 torps at the same time, no defence other than praying to your chosen god for evasion…

stupid game design

See, THIS is exactly WHY I fit all my sub-Frigate ships with Flares!

Stack thermal res and you will be only annoyed by missile warning all the time.

How to deal with LRF and torpedoes

1. Have flares on everything but interceptors.

2. Stack thermal resistance. 

3. Use CO or other interceptors to kill them LRF. (a good pilot can kill one in less than 5 seconds)

How to deal with LRF and torpedoes

1. Have flares on everything but interceptors.

2. Stack thermal resistance. 

3. Use CO or other interceptors to kill them LRF. (a good pilot can kill one in less than 5 seconds)

You have old info. Flares stopped affecting torpedoes couple of patches ago.

what? so you mean that flares don’t cause the torpedoes to fly in a straight line anymore? 

No - They still effect guided torps

They still affect Guided Torps.

1. Use CO or other interceptors to kill them LRF. (a good pilot can kill one in less than 5 seconds)

So… Because I kill them in roughly 10 seconds… I’m a bad pilot?

YES you are! (sarcasm) It doesn’t matter that much…

Most of the time the torp spammers do more bad then good. It’s easy to counter them.

Okey, I had wrong info =)

EDIT: I might have somehow associated in my mind the fact that torpedo is nowadays immune to Guards anti-missile module, that it also same time got immunity against flare (but that is not true, my bad).

YES you are! (sarcasm) It doesn’t matter that much…

Most of the time the torp spammers do more bad then good. It’s easy to counter them.

My last 2 flights on the Ira Deus have been most excellent. Maniac medals, both times, where my objective was to merely complete the Jericho Contract of killing 2 targets with the Torps.

I’m always like “I’ll likely just kill these 2, then self-destruct or something…” and it ends up being one of my best games.

hhahah mode “capture the beacons” is unplayable soooo hard now.

only guided torps everywhere

hhahah mode “capture the beacons” is unplayable soooo hard now.

only guided torps everywhere

I have a video on my youtube channel of one such match. Grand total of 10 LRFs at start.

I have a video on my youtube channel of one such match. Grand total of 10 LRFs at start.

somehow i dont find this funny

Ain’t funny in any match to see that number of LRFs… Detonation is even worse u.u

It wasn’t. But the match quickly devolved to ten LRFs trying to kill eachother, because there were virtually NO ships taking Beacons. At all.

To be fair, no one was trying to capture beacons because they’d get five LRF’s targeting them.

To be fair, no one was trying to capture beacons because they’d get five LRF’s targeting them.

Also true. But Beacons were taken, despite the LRF swarm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzLeFiYBjfM

tT3 is extreme piss. only dying to LRF mainly. cant kill them with ceptor cause they camp all in one spot inside puprle minefields.

pathetic

tT3 is extreme piss. only dying to LRF mainly. cant kill them with ceptor cause they camp all in one spot inside puprle minefields.

pathetic

There are no purple Minefields. But the LRFs that DO use that thing have no idea how to defend themselves properly, let alone use their own ship to their advantage. Those minefields are perfection for the enemy. Fly in in a self-healing ship (try a Recon with Shield Remodulator, it’s perfect), make sure to trigger the mines, then just make a new exhaust hole on his ship. It’s that easy to counter LRFs with Minefields.