Green!

The Thar’Ga is very fun so far, and is really a unique craft to pilot, but it just doesn’t feel alien. Nothing pulses or glows or is actually -green- aside from a few spots that are invisible outside of the hangar. Even the engines are still attached to the hull! What madness is this? They should be floating orbs that glow and spin! The “whipped tar” look is also really unappealing and should be tweaked considerably. One of the major factors that drew me in to liking the aliens was their hard, crystalline, sharp structure. There were absolutely no swirls or drips on the original alien ships, and yet somehow there are on the new ships. This is definitely new and surprising, but just doesn’t fit within the “alien” aesthetic. It just doesn’t look right.

If you want to know what the alien ships -should- look like, just use the Hunter or Scout or Predator as references.

Ellydium Theta is a laboratory. Once the crystals set inside the lab, they should only show minimal signs of change - unless the material actively mutates.

Therefore, I disagree.

Those are not alien ships. Those are hybrids.

Those are not alien ships. Those aren’t even hybrids. They are just growing crystals on a different base. That’s like silicium slab growing.

They are alien crystals that are formed on to various frames for various purposes. But it’s almost like they are still molten. They don’t look crystal really aside from some protrusions. And generally a homogenous material doesn’t change its characteristics unless it reacts with something or itself. Maybe the melting of it caused it to lose its energy capacity and strength as well as glow and crystalline structure???

We don’t even know the technology/science behind it. Maybe their structure is so or they aren’t pure. How those grow? From which material? In which manner? Do they have ‘intelligence’ as the real aliens?

Well we know already that they are a copper-based lifeform. XD

Or maybe lifeform isn’t the right word. They are afterall just an automated security system. A sort of viral one.

They are not a virus(not in the common sense) and especially no security system.
They can’t be copper based, as the aliens itself are iridum. Iridium is itself an element, and not being copper. You can ‘program’ crystals to be information and data. But there need to be a data crystal itself to make such an evolving step.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

They are not a virus(not in the common sense) and especially no security system.
They can’t be copper based, as the aliens itself are iridum. Iridium is itself an element, and not being copper. You can ‘program’ crystals to be information and data. But there need to be a data crystal itself to make such an evolving step.

The lore specifically states that the ‘aliens’ are just a precursor security system that was accidentally activated. And yes they contain high concentrations of Iridium but have you bothered to look at the colours of their plasma and crystal? All green/blue, which generally means copper, or something else bonded with copper. Xp

The new modules aren’t specific to Thar Ga, but to “Alien ships”.

Honestly I don’t understand how it’s not alien enough. There’s even some kind of crystal tentacle on your ship that moves. 

It’s obviously not purely alien. But it’s definitely not pure human too. 

4 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

The new modules aren’t specific to Thar Ga, but to “Alien ships”.

Honestly I don’t understand how it’s not alien enough. There’s even some kind of crystal tentacle on your ship that moves. 

It’s obviously not purely alien. But it’s definitely not pure human too. 

It’s fugly is what I’m sayin. All I ever wanted was a Hunter. That’s it. But noooooooooo we gotta hybridise it and make it ooey and gooey and nasty and stringy and tar-looking. We can’t have those nasty crystals and glowing green veins all over our ships no sir that would be unacceptable.

The crystals and glowing, pulsing green veins were what made the SC aliens ALIEN.

3 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It’s fugly is what I’m sayin. All I ever wanted was a Hunter. That’s it. But noooooooooo we gotta hybridise it and make it ooey and gooey and nasty and stringy and tar-looking. We can’t have those nasty crystals and glowing green veins all over our ships no sir that would be unacceptable.

The crystals and glowing, pulsing green veins were what made the SC aliens ALIEN.

For this, you have invasion scheme.

You can buy it now, it’s in the DLC.

So go for it.

Animated default scheme would probably cause some problem with painting.

3 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

For this, you have invasion scheme.

You can buy it now, it’s in the DLC.

So go for it.

Animated default scheme would probably cause some problem with painting.

I already have it, and the clash between the new tar look and the original alien look is overwhelmingly awful.

And the animated default one would only apply to the “crystal” part of the hull of course. Not the boring old cabin. Wouldn’t change anything.

I like TarGa’s design and there are quite a few of active effects that do make it cool alienish

43 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I like TarGa’s design and there are quite a few of active effects that do make it cool alienish

Yes the pistol-shaped ship that looks like it’s covered in molten black plastic and can reload missiles quickly. Very alien.

54 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yes the pistol-shaped ship that looks like it’s covered in molten black plastic and can reload missiles quickly. Very alien.

The ship is NOT alien. It has been manufactured by humans, using human tools, manufactoring and logistics. Humans stole an idea from Aliens and applied own technology to it.

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

The ship is NOT alien. It has been manufactured by humans, using human tools, manufactoring and logistics. Humans stole an idea from Aliens and applied own technology to it.

I think it’s cheaper to buy a real gun, than to try upgrade this “alien ship” with money.

2 minutes ago, Koromac said:

I think it’s cheaper to buy a real gun, than to try upgrade this “alien ship” with money.

At least to any decent capacity. Making the ship is easy enough just playing daily missions, but just expect to stay at rank 5-7.