Gravity Lens Complete Revamp

Instead of nerfing or buffing the gravy lens, how about we just make something new with it. This something new is actually supposed to be the thing that it did a while ago but was reworked. Anyways here goes.

Gravity Lense:

Recharge: 50s

Energy: 975

Tooltip: Makes the user the center of a massive gravity well that pulls enemies in a 2,500m radius towards the user. Enemies within 750m receive increasing damage to the hull, and if a ship touches the destroyer while it is in this state, it is dealt 8,500 damage per second.

Visuals: The “gravity lense” model is made stationary much like the multiphase shield emitter, facing straight out from the mounting point. Activation will show a purple blob forming at the tip of the emitter for 5 seconds, then will activate the black hole as usual. The solid black portion of the black hole is removed from visuals, but the purple corona is still displayed.

Just curious tho, is there a problem with the BH lately? Too many suggestions on it and i cant see whats the problem… if there is any, that is.

54 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Just curious tho, is there a problem with the BH lately? Too many suggestions on it and i cant see whats the problem… if there is any, that is.

Tbh I don’t see a problem with it either, but people are complaining about it a lot so I thought I’d just throw out a possible change.

I would like the dark/black center tho…looks creepy-cool. 

The suggestion sounds cool too… like yelling “allahu akbaaar” (press # to activate) and then say “hug meeee” as you suck other ships to ya XD

I’ll bet 100 credit that Ellydium guard will have this. 

I can already see the passive capacitor modifier that pulls all ships in a 2k radius without damages. 

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Orca, the problem with the Black Hole from day one was the potential of Beacon Denial, much like how the Guard Destructor weapon used to work. It is this mechanic that people are generally complaining about. 

As long as it has more than 1 counter tactic the complaints are not valid.

Indeed, bh can be counter. No one in your team have a ecm with hacking system? Well deal with it

tetroxide, strafing, collision comp.

if you got the slots.

and then you just fly out of it.

doesnt change the beacon denial, or annoying spam. it should simply have slightly higher cooldown, and a bit less existence.

10 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

As long as it has more than 1 counter tactic the complaints are not valid.

it’s not a tactic, it’s a single module on a single role, which happens to be the controversial role, carrying lots of needed counters.

cant wait for the alien ecm and the tears, which will metastable at start of match and stun everyone in the enemy team for 10 minutes, regardless of distance and los

black hole was always a bit controversial aswell, cant remember the day where people said: now its a cool module. I only know the day where we said “okay now its only slightly annoying”. anyway, thargas hide our all other problems atm. anyway.

Blackhole is the main reason we don’t have a real frigball anymore.  So blackhole is COOL and needed to the game IMO.

1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

Blackhole is the main reason we don’t have a real frigball anymore.  So blackhole is COOL and needed to the game IMO.

erm, okay… so guard balls and lrf heavy games are totally gone now. and the tharga has also nothing to do with it!

vortex is cooler.

I think somewhere in the wiki I actually attached this song to a black hole tooltip or something. I forget.

It’s called “Supermassive Black Hole”