Give Command More Oompf

Command ships feel rather underwhelming to play right now.

Their damage output is usually on the low side and their defenses are easily overcome.

Many new modules prevent energy regeneration or drain energy.

Most new weapons deal an overwhelming amount of damage.

This can render a Diffusion Shield incredibly weak.

I suggest a few changes that could make Command Ships, the “frontline fighter” more competitive:

Diffusion Shield:

An active Diffusion Shield should give immunity to all negative effects. The damage absorption should be increased by 3 damage/energy across all ranks.

(Edit: Immunity to negative effects could alternatively only last around 5 seconds.)

Valkyrie System:

Add a passive mode. Valkyrie should increase the weapon damage for the user by 10% in passive mode.

Discuss!

Immunity with diffusion shield will  be ridiculous considering the cooldown

Agree with the rest. Can always use more dmg on the loki ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

12 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

Immunity with diffusion shield will  be ridiculous considering the cooldown

Agree with the rest. Can always use more dmg on the loki ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Alternatively, it could provide immunity to negative effects for something like 5s instead of the full 15s…

Thx for feedback, I edited it! ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

i would really like the diffusion shield to prevent any negative effect such as energy drain , shield drain etc… while still allowing slowing the ship or debuffing resistance .

cuz right now a single NY18 can basically render useless any command with maybe the exception of the granite and his system that prevent any negative effect or something .

11 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Alternatively, it could provide immunity to negative effects for something like 5s instead of the full 15s…

yeah, that sounds reasonable. 

5 minutes ago, dreamer78 said:

cuz right now a single NY18 can basically render useless any command with maybe the exception of the granite and his system that prevent any negative effect or something .

NY18 needs some rework anyway. Even right now commands could be okay against ny18 if only the devs fix its energy debuff not being disabled by ion missiles

hmm,

I always thought command should be in the middle of pack.

Gunship should be the front line fighter.

Also, commands can do pretty well if you know how to use them.

i really like my excalibur and i plan to build the saw one soon , giving big dmg / speed / resistance buff to your allies can be crucial .

but , the diffusion shield is underwhelming in the current state of the game , the dmg output is way higher than before , but the shield is the same .

Commands are fine. 

45 minutes ago, dreamer78 said:

i would really like the diffusion shield to prevent any negative effect such as energy drain , shield drain etc…

Which would be incredibly way to strong

1 hour ago, dreamer78 said:

Antisabotage module dont work against that…it only stops control effects, stuns and radar blind that is.

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

Commands are fine. 

Which would be incredibly way to strong

What about 5 seconds of anti ecm?

It would at least enable the command to escape a few sticky situations.

Why would it be too strong?

11 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

What about 5 seconds of anti ecm?

It would at least enable the command to escape a few sticky situations.

Why would it be too strong?

Why do they need to escape those few sticky situations? 

4 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Why do they need to escape those few sticky situations? 

Because it would allow them to be played more aggressively, which usually results in more interesting gameplay.

Long range Gauss/Flux/Phaser spam is mostly boring. ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

4 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Because it would allow them to be played more aggressively, which usually results in more interesting gameplay.

Long range Gauss/Flux/Phaser spam is mostly boring. ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

They already can play more aggressively, they don’t need to be defacto gunships. 

4 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

They already can play more aggressively, they don’t need to be defacto gunships. 

They would never even get close to the potential damage output or speed of a gunship. Just a bit more survivability. 

A dedicated gunship would still strip a commands defences easily. The anti ecm effect would only improve the reliability of the diffusion shield, it would not turn them into unkillable tanks. 

A few commands can be played agressively, true. But most silver command ship lack essential survivability.

Whatever ship i choose, command ships are amongst the easiest targets. They can’t run, cloak or counterattack effectively. Some covert ops interceptors can even facetank most command ships.

Additionally, the redundancy of energy draining modules and the continuously more powerful weapons already reduced the diffusion shields effectiveness.

My suggestion is an attempt to scale the diffusion shield alongside these stronger modules and weapons.

You are flying the wrong commands, Lance S/Flamberge/Loki are still beast with liquidator and the increased projectile speed.

How about a capacitor modifier that decreases energy drain effects by 90% or less?

Maybe just fix Object and give cov ops less oompf?

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

They would never even get close to the potential damage output or speed of a gunship. Just a bit more survivability. 

A dedicated gunship would still strip a commands defences easily. The anti ecm effect would only improve the reliability of the diffusion shield, it would not turn them into unkillable tanks. 

A few commands can be played agressively, true. But most silver command ship lack essential survivability.

Whatever ship i choose, command ships are amongst the easiest targets. They can’t run, cloak or counterattack effectively. Some covert ops interceptors can even facetank most command ships.

Additionally, the redundancy of energy draining modules and the continuously more powerful weapons already reduced the diffusion shields effectiveness.

My suggestion is an attempt to scale the diffusion shield alongside these stronger modules and weapons.

First of all quite a few commands can be build to almost do gunship level of dmg, and unlike gunships commands have better sustain at mid ranges with diffusion shield dmg mitigation.

Whole command suite is focused as mid range team support, some people are trying to face tank dive brawl type of builds to some degree of success, but those are exceptions of the rule. Any buffs like this, first of all, will benefit the majority, aka mid-long players, making them even harder to punish for mistakes.

Give them a slight plus in energy regen (base or module)?

On average I found the gunships easier to fight on mid to near-field battle than commands (on average on t4-5 PvP) - safe the pesky campers at +6km

On 15.4.2018 at 7:00 PM, Rob40468 said:

Maybe just fix Object and give cov ops less oompf?

Works for me, I’d still like a small buff for diff shield tho… :confused: