Giant destroyer supercannons!

What I had always wanted in a space sim, but have never seen implemented…

GIANT SPINAL MOUNTED SUPERCANNONS FOR CAPITAL SHIPS! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I really like the destroyer models in Star Conflict, especially how the Empire and Jericho ones. The front of the R8/R11 dessies look like the open end of a cannon, in my opinion.

So , I make this suggestion, which will probably never get implemented…

Give each destroyer a SUPERCANNON  that is appropriate for their faction. These are spine mounted cannons that fire in the direction the destroyer is pointed towards.

Long recharge, long activation, super heavy damage, with AWESOME charge/discharge graphics & sound effects!

The destroyer cannot move during the firing sequence and shuts down momentarily due to huge energy strain.

Some suggestions:

Empire: The Grand Railgun - Fires a single interceptor sized slug at hyper velocities. Deals damage similar to  heavy  collision damage!

Jericho:  The Antimatter Stream - An anti-particle beam consisting of a volatile stream of antimatter encased in a containment ray. Whatever the stream hits takes explosive damage from the matter-antimatter reaction!

Federation: Thermonuclear shaped charge - Like the Yamoto cannon from a famous RTS…

Have another idea for a superweapon for a destroyer? Lets hear them!

I like it just because it blows up things.

no

Spoiler

Ships and modules

We know how you like the new ‘Ellydium’ ship and remember how you loved destroyers. So we decided to proceed with the speedy release of the ‘Ellydium’ destroyer called Vseh’Nag’Nu.Now we’re going tell you about one of its modules.

• Vzu’uuh system.This module produces a black hole at the center of the area. It sucks in all objects, including asteroids and stations.

Damage - up to 5000 pts.

Range - 10 km.

Active time - 5 minutes.

If you do escape the hole in time, it will suck in your ship, and you will forever lose it.

• ‘Death Ray’ system. Installed on all destroyers. After activation a beam is charged for 1 minute. When the charge is finished, the planet in the background explodes.

Damage - up to 100 billion pts.

Range - the entire war zone

Recharge time - none

Energy consumption - 3,000 per sec.

Unfortunately, the power consumption will not allow you to use the system anywhere other than the ‘ELlydium’ destroyer, but you can still mount it.

BigBertha.jpg.1369a6b9c1b5c3a2985d0868a1a65c5d.jpg

Lol why not dessy got nerf so hard anyway 

The only use of these will be against super slow things or big environmental objects. Useless thing to implement, so NO to this.

You guys are such utilitarians in this game! ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) It would be mainly an anti-destroyer system for an epic battle feel, or for PVE. Like the Progenitor Destroyer…

But yea, probably won’t see in SC. Sigh.

Yes SuDoKu…like that ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

progenitor.jpg.8bda6cc18d3e7b4a910346927ddb5577.jpg

It would be like bringing a tank to a CSGO fight, carnage ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

9 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

The only use of these will be against super slow things or big environmental objects. Useless thing to implement, so NO to this.

“It’s only useful for a few things that I don’t do so I disagree.” Is a terrible argument. Hush.

Anyways I love the idea. I’ve wanted them to have massive “the ship is the gun” guns since they came out. Each ship needs a special function that is part of the ship by default, and not some module or passive.

Even if something similar come out we’ll have to get every parts to build it and ofc the drop probability will be low as f.

I think that these cannons would be great for the concept of a suppressor, rather than the current module which switches between 1 of 3 buffs that are irrelevant to suppressing the enemies