Getting matched against rank 11-13 with rank 6-8 ships

I thought this was supposed to have been fixed? It’s still happening frequently and only happens with PVP, the vs. AI and co-op PVE matchmaking has the proper level range of players, you’ll never see anyone with ships above rank 10 teamed with rank 6-9, so why does this continue to happen in pvp? To add insult to injury all the lower rank players are usually stuck on the same team making it even more unbalanced and un-fun.

I know I’m not the only one who only does pvp for the daily irridium because of it, and even just doing that is a huge pain in the xxxx sometimes because of getting stuck in matches like that over and over.

i couldn’t keep my friends interested in this game because they kept getting farmed in a fashion where getting good wouldn’t stop the farming and the co-op was boring for them. I still reinstall every now and then to check up on state of affairs but it warms my heart to see the devs here still haven’t fully grasped why their retention is poor.

1 hour ago, Waxfruit said:

I know I’m not the only one who only does pvp for the daily irridium because of it, and even just doing that is a huge pain in the xxxx sometimes because of getting stuck in matches like that over and over.

no your not the only one  … but this is the English forum and there’s only like 20 members in it … you want to see some support you have to post in the Russian forum that’s where the rest of the server posts comments

Yup. At the moment, MatchMaker system is absolutely rubbish and purposes to make uneven teams so the game moves faster. It supposedly matches based on “skill” but in this game, “skill” is an arbitrary number assigned randomly before battle. XD

I am always matched with a team of newbies that I have to carry against all the pros in the game in PvP. I’m not even that good, yet here I am facing off against Aggressor or that General dude and so forth. Very occasionally after a loooong loss streak I will be matched with a sort of OK pilot on my team but that is rare.

24 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yup. At the moment, MatchMaker system is absolutely rubbish and purposes to make uneven teams so the game moves faster. It supposedly matches based on “skill” but in this game, “skill” is an arbitrary number assigned randomly before battle. XD

I am always matched with a team of newbies that I have to carry against all the pros in the game in PvP. I’m not even that good, yet here I am facing off against Aggressor or that General dude and so forth. Very occasionally after a loooong loss streak I will be matched with a sort of OK pilot on my team but that is rare.

Man, I am tired of carrying your a$s in PvP

State of the matchmaker is poor at the moment 95% of the games are decided within the first few minutes and from then on one team just totally steamrolls the other. Matches would probably be better off, if teams were just randomly assigned.

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

Man, I am tired of carrying your a$s in PvP

You’ve been on my team like once ever.

At least I’ve only noticed you once.

39 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

You’ve been on my team like once ever.

At least I’ve only noticed you once.

Man with you even once is enough because it seems that you do everything you possibly could…

to lose the battle.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I cannot - honestly- confirm this. Out of my humble oppinion, this would be a feature of any good reasonable match-making routine: deal with low player base and a variety of ship ranks at the same time. What do you complain about. Anything outside 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 with one side heavily better is not a problem for me atm.

43 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Man with you even once is enough because it seems that you do everything you possibly could…

to lose the battle.

Thanks bud. Love you too. <3

So going back on topic of Rank difference

NNsOrRW.png

(That is a Wolf-M)

Hello! Matchmaker can create battles for ranks 7-10 or 9-13. Every pilot get the battle based on the highest rank ship in his slots.

The rank of any battle is the rank of the highest ship in it. Every other ship with lower rank aquire different bonuses for ship stats and damage. For example, rank 7 ships get more bonuses for battle than rank 9 ships in the same battle of rank 10. We implemented this more than a year ago to keep the battles balanced.

9 hours ago, xKostyan said:

NNsOrRW.png

(That is a Wolf-M)

You always have to be the one smartass prooving everybody wrong. Stop it, that is my job. And besides with increased number of modifier slots r9 are more equal to high ranks than ever. Plus I see two vets in this match and one didn’t do too well… guess who is the second one.

PS: You made me curious about your Wolf-M build

9 hours ago, xKostyan said:

NNsOrRW.png

(That is a Wolf-M)

Waait. In second place  - isn’t that the guy that complains that Engies sucks and not getting points in comparison to other classes?

2 minutes ago, niripas said:

Waait. In second place  - isn’t that the guy that complains that Engies sucks and not getting points in comparison to other classes?

Yeah… that’s he.

51 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

You always have to be the one smartass prooving everybody wrong. Stop it, that is my job. And besides with increased number of modifier slots r9 are more equal to high ranks than ever.

I gotta do some R8s since that is the lowest to guarantee a game in vs R15s, R7s has to be equipped with max rank 12, and that may not put you into R15 game.

53 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

PS: You made me curious about your Wolf-M build

I have been flying r8-9s vs R13-15s for past 2 days, if you are using the right ship/build for a situation you don’t see to much of a difference in performance IMHO, the most notifiable thing is the lack of passive modules in low ranks, like heat-sinks/lightweight hull/sub-matter shields and projectile based weapons have slower projectiles, other than that, it is not bad.

gb9Mmte.png

5 hours ago, xKostyan said:

I have been flying r8-9s vs R13-15s for past 2 days, if you are using the right ship/build for a situation you don’t see to much of a difference in performance IMHO, the most notifiable thing is the lack of passive modules in low ranks, like heat-sinks/lightweight hull/sub-matter shields and projectile based weapons have slower projectiles, other than that, it is not bad.

And of course the efficiancy of the modules you have. But you are right, r9-r15 hardly makes a difference with the right setups (especially because they now have the the same ammount of passive modifiers). I mean we don’t see Stingray demolishing PvP atm for no reason. (An unexpectet, yet pleasing turn of events )

On 24/01/2018 at 6:50 AM, CinnamonFake said:

Hello! Matchmaker can create battles for ranks 7-10 or 9-13. Every pilot get the battle based on the highest rank ship in his slots.

The rank of any battle is the rank of the highest ship in it. Every other ship with lower rank aquire different bonuses for ship stats and damage. For example, rank 7 ships get more bonuses for battle than rank 9 ships in the same battle of rank 10. We implemented this more than a year ago to keep the battles balanced.

hi, oh you mean that the MM is: “1-5” / 7-10 /

9-13 /

12 -15 ??

and soon :14 - 17 ? or 12 - 17 ?

6 minutes ago, SheenShade said:

hi, oh you mean that the MM is: “1-5” / 7-10 /

9-13 /

12 -15 ??

and soon :14 - 17 ? or 12 - 17 ?