General Spelling and Typography thread

If you see a typo in the game, please make a screenshot of it, maybe highlight the error and then post it here.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s a good Idea to start a new topic for every single typo we see in that game, so how about we put everything spelling-related into this thread, there should probably still be other threads if it’s about a bad translation or a grammar issue, though.

I would appreciate it if you uploaded screenshots with any typo or grammar issue you notice in the game. This would make my job of fixing texts a whole lot easier.

URL link: http://puu.sh/2dhfK

“String Team: Victory”

Pretty sure this is meant to be “Strong Team” seeing as how the I and O are fairly close, but hey. I like the usage of string otherwise.

Edit:

Looking back at it, shouldn’t the Strong team lose the -160 if they lose? They do have the majority so losing should be a higher penalty…

Edit 2:

http://puu.sh/2dm2P

Found another one! This one you should be able to see on your own  :lol:

Edit 3:

Lumped in with the first link given, but http://puu.sh/2dN4DFailure is spelled wrong, oh the irony ;3

Fixed! Thank you for your feedback.

I would appreciate it if you uploaded screenshots with any typo or grammar issue you notice in the game. This would make my job of fixing texts a whole lot easier.

Yeah, that was my plan, it thought it was obviou-oooh

… Updated OP. :stuck_out_tongue:

This isn’t actually in-game but… I notice some spelling errors dotted around on stickied threads and forum headings. One of which is that under the Graphics section the stickied threads are both spelt “grafic” instead of “Graphic” :stuck_out_tongue: Another being “Controls” only has one l in it, not two. Sorry mods. ^^;

This isn’t actually in-game but… I notice some spelling errors dotted around on stickied threads and forum headings. One of which is that under the Graphics section the stickied threads are both spelt “grafic” instead of “Graphic” :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you.

Fixed.

Long Range Gunship ship class got a typo in it. Now we’re flying “gunsips”. Same for all ships of this class as far as I know.

Are Game Forums considered part of the game?

Then, is it possible to correct the typo in the name of Fren_sh_ Section of [Foreign Language Sub Forums](< base_url >/index.php?/forum/185-foreign-language-sub-forums/ “Foreign Language Sub Forums”)?

Long Range Gunship ship class got a typo in it. Now we’re flying “gunsips”. Same for all ships of this class as far as I know.

Fixed this one a couple of days ago.

I have a couple of screenshots of mistakes I noticed from a range between two weeks and two days ago… gonna dump them here as soon as I find the time to edit them.

nz0b76a.jpg

spot the extra L!

*Hint: It’s after shells(L)

another one!

it says 1% per hours, should be 1% per hour.

9Y7BBWo.jpg

in the chat panel, shouldnt it be Corporation, instead of Corporations? since you talk to a single corporation and not to 3 at a time, so to say.

*see screenshot above*

Does anyone even read this btw? xD I’d like some confirmation these reports are actually getting read :wink:

I’m awfully sorry I didn’t immediately acknowledge your comments here. Yes, I do read all of them and fix all the typos/display bugs I can. Thank you for the information, I have just fixed everything that you pointed out, so you should see the changes in effect when the new update hits the servers.

P. S. In case anyone’s wondering why some random bloke with no admin / dev flair keeps responding to these messages: the admin panel on this forum is just weird like that. If you have any doubts, just check the same account name on the Russian forum, my profile does have the “developer” flair there.

I’m awfully sorry I didn’t immediately acknowledge your comments here. Yes, I do read all of them and fix all the typos/display bugs I can. Thank you for the information, I have just fixed everything that you pointed out, so you should see the changes in effect when the new update hits the servers.

P. S. In case anyone’s wondering why some random bloke with no admin / dev flair keeps responding to these messages: the admin panel on this forum is just weird like that. If you have any doubts, just check the same account name on the Russian forum, my profile does have the “developer” flair there.

It’s alright. I was just making sure someone was still actually reading this thread :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for the upcoming fixes :slight_smile:

2 more right of the bat.

Wu326dm.jpg

that one should be obvious

1bLRdDL.jpg

this one is just a mistake. all friendly ships in a by 28% for 10 sec.  doesn’t make much sense does it? :wink: Should be something along the lines of

all friendly ships by 28% for 10 sec

woo another one! Are you guys even trying? :stuck_out_tongue:

D0TZbiw.jpg

text says 120, actual is 80…

Fixed, fixed, and fixed. As always, the fixes will hit the servers with the next update. We are working very hard with the texts, but the sheer amount of it together with the not-really-overcrowded text depratment allow for such mistakes to pass us by. Once again, thank you for your vigilance and willingness to help the project!

No problem, the devs may screw the game up every patch but I’ll do my best to atleast keep the text in correct forms :smiley: You(And whoever else is in the text department) does a great job tho :slight_smile: