General Spelling and Typography thread

GRQVSR8.jpg

last contract, says Win 1 battles…  1 s too many :slight_smile:

Fixed, thank you.

Found 2 more.

jpaeSWR.jpg

^^^^^^says batle master(Instead of Battle master)

and 

lL5WxYK.jpg

says Gold standarts(Should be standards I believe)

8evaTSI.jpg

1 dot too many at the last contract.

HTYgpEE.jpg

restores 3900 shield pts. for an allied ships.

either remove the “an” to make it fitting, or remove the s behind ships. But since the ability is to everyone(I believe) I think the best way would be to remove the an.

Fixed everything but the “standarts” thing, since these strings are handled by Steam. However, I’ll forward this to our Steam contact. As always, thank you for taking your time to help us fix the texts.

This has been bugging me since forever.

On the Jericho ship tree, the Type-S ships (Machete Type-S, Crus Type-S and so forth) are all spelt like this: “Type-S”. This is fine and dandy.

Why on earth is the Axe spelt like “Axe-X type-S”? The X at the end doesn’t bug me, it’s the “type” written without a capital T in it. Why is that?

That kind of thing you should report you know…Doesn’t matter how small it is, if its inconsistent with the rest, or simply wrong, report it and then they will decide if it’s worth changing :slight_smile:

But you reported it now, so that’s good ^.^

Cameleon.

post-240709-0-38664700-1372405495.png

Cameleon.

nope.

That’s Chameleon. That’s how it’s spelt.

He is correct oryngton :wink: In the little text explaining it in larger detail(the smaller grey/white letters) it is spelled wrongly

Oh wait… " goold old Cameleon", " realy grisly situation": that makes three errors.

As for “an enemy has you locked”… I would have put it as “an enemy has locked on to you” instead.

He is correct oryngton :wink: In the little text explaining it in larger detail(the smaller grey/white letters) it is spelled wrongly

Oh, the white tex-… I’m blind.

" theur teamwork skills"

Theur. Goddess of teamwork. All Fed pilots are blessed by Theur :stuck_out_tongue:

post-240709-0-38947100-1372443144.png

KzAvr3o.jpg

proper spelling is arfifacts isn’t it?

You truly are our heroes and saviours. Everything mentioned since my last post has just been fixed and should go live with the next update. Now that we have a text suggestion feature built into the game I suggest you use that instead since it’s so much easier to sort through the reports it produces.

A little note on artefacts/artifacts. They were initially called artefacts to maintain consistency with the BrE spellings in the game. They will turn into artIfacts in the next update since this spelling is accepted in AmE and BrE alike and shouldn’t look as alien to our American pilots.

I honestly have no idea how to use that function…

Settings -> Game -> Developer assistance. When the option’s enabled, you can hold Ctrl+Alt and left-click most strings in the game to suggest your own version of the string.

I agree that it’s hidden deep in the game menu and it’s not even absolutely clear what it does or how it works. I’ve already asked Antibus to cover the system in the next blog, so let’s hope it’s going to clear things up.

Alright, I will try it out next time i see an error :wink:

Hope you guys actually get the message though when i report the correct string.

Every description involving the special ability

“Energy consumption of [class] modules reduced by x%” has the word “modules” twice.

The same applies to “Effects of [class] modules are increased by x%”, and “Reloading rate” abilities.