Gamepad implementation

I know it probably is planned, but I wanted anyway to suggest a possible gamepad configuration for this game.

Many of us would think that keyboard could be the only way to play this game but it could be fun engagin dogfights with a gamepad, especially if the devs include different seinsibilities for the turning function (right thumbstick)

Here, have a look and please give suggestions, because I know this configuration is not the most comfortable since you have to use the “claw” grip with the right hand to fly up and down while shooting and turning, but I couldn’t find anything better.

Also, the “back” button could be used for the function that shows name and distance of every player (I can’t recall the key at the moment) and “start” to call the map (Tab).

Immagine.jpg

As posted somewhere before i alreday said that the big problem here is the way speed works in game wich is absolutely insane lol

The commands setting u posted are a perfect example example.

With left stick commands u posted u can strafe left and right but not up and down (wich would be logivcal and correct) With left stick u should be able to

use all the strafe commands. But the big problem here is that actually u got to press speed all the time to get full speed wich is absolutely useless and crazy…And i’m sure that’s the reason u put “speed up” and “speed down” on the left stick instead of “strafe up” and “starfe down”.

This what i already posted in another topic about speed:

Really i don’t like the way speed works in this game :frowning:

I’m crap using kayboard and to get full speed i must hold down W all the time looking

like a piano player lol

I higghly recommend to change this system and make the speed increasing

gradually by pressing W many times

Example:

If my full speed is 200

I suggest that u set it to 50 by pressing W one time

to 100 pressing W two times

to 150 pressing W three times

to 200 pressing W 4 times

Obviously pressing S decreases speed by 50

So u can set speed very easily and change it without holding W or S all the time

lol

In this way It would logical and very well working, setting “sped up” command on “Y” button and “speed down” on “A” button, with all the strafe command on the left stick :wink:

Hope that all of this will be forwarded to devs :slight_smile:

As posted somewhere before i alreday said that the big problem here is the way speed works in game wich is absolutely insane lol

The commands setting u posted are a perfect example example.

With left stick commands u posted u can strafe left and right but not up and down (wich would be logivcal and correct) With left stick u should be able to

use all the strafe commands. But the big problem here is that actually u got to press speed all the time to get full speed wich is absolutely useless and crazy…And i’m sure that’s the reason u put “speed up” and “speed down” on the left stick instead of “strafe up” and “starfe down”.

This what i already posted in another topic about speed:

In this way It would logical and very well working, setting “sped up” command on “Y” button and “speed down” on “A” button, with all the strafe command on the left stick :wink:

By the way could you please try the + and - button in the game, they should give you the feature you wanted in your post.

By the way could you please try the + and - button in the game, they should give you the feature you wanted in your post.

Great :slight_smile:

But this should have been told in the commands tutorial :wink:

So does it mean there can actually be an easier to use button configuration?

I see how this feature works and eventually add another image

After checking, I still find this way easier and it’s faster to control your ship. In spiky situations it is faster to just release the “W” button for a short time, or keep pressing “S”, but that’s a just a personal opinion.

I would love if they included gamepad configurable controls and possibly with thumbstick sensitivity. In this game you need to be precise so putting different acceleration for both the ship and cursor depending on how much the thumbstick is pushed (e.g.: you move the left thumbstick just a bit, the ship starts to slowly accelerate; you move the right thumbstick all the way in one direction, the ship turns as fast as it can) would be an awesome implementation.

Error: do you know if any of this is planned? (obviously if you can’t answer do not worry)

After checking, I still find this way easier and it’s faster to control your ship. In spiky situations it is faster to just release the “W” button for a short time, or keep pressing “S”, but that’s a just a personal opinion.

I would love if they included gamepad configurable controls and possibly with thumbstick sensitivity. In this game you need to be precise so putting different acceleration for both the ship and cursor depending on how much the thumbstick is pushed (e.g.: you move the left thumbstick just a bit, the ship starts to slowly accelerate; you move the right thumbstick all the way in one direction, the ship turns as fast as it can) would be an awesome implementation.

Error: do you know if any of this is planned? (obviously if you can’t answer do not worry)

At the moment there are no detailed information about it. Perhaps the devs will think about it when the basics of the game are done.

At the moment there are no detailed information about it. Perhaps the devs will think about it when the basics of the game are done.

I red in the FAQ that the gamepad will be implemented! So hope theyìll do this soon :slight_smile:

Anyway tried “+” and “-” and they work great but i think u got to press it too many times to increase or decrease speed.

So i suggest to reduce to 5 the number of times u need to hit the “+” button to get full speed from 0 :wink: (and obviously same way to decrease it)

Please check this:

http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/topic/10844-setting-up-your-own-key-bindings/

perhaps you can find some usefull things here :wink:

I use an Razer Onza gamepad to play Vendetta online. I have it configured to use the left joystick for pitch and yaw. The right stick I have for rotating clockwise and counter clockwise. I use the 4 way (directional) pad buttons for strafe left, right, up and down. The yellow [Y] button I have set for afterburner. The red button is for secondary weapon (missiles), the green [A] button is for primary weapon. The blue [X] button is for activate (like an enter button). The bumper buttons: [L1] is target nearest enemy, [L2] I have set up as increase speed or throttle. [R1] target enemy in front or in recticle and [R2] is, of course, decelerate. Any other functions are bound to the keyboard.

I am left handed thus I wanted to suggest that the controls be customizable. I don’t know if people would necessarily want to set up their gamepad like mine. I know the way the game controls are set up on the keyboard they are not optimal for me. I am used to it by now :003j:

Anyway - I hope this helps. I suspect that if people are allowed to program their own keys and buttons that might be good. It’s better for the controls to work for the gamer rather than the other way around, right? I hope that makes some sense??